Lost Heroes [Legend of Zelda fangame][GxB][NaNoRenO2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
yoshibb
Veteran

Re: Lost Heroes [Legend of Zelda fangame][GxB][NaNoRenO2015]

#16 Post by yoshibb »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:You're making fantastic progress! Zelda is very nostalgic for me, so I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! It's a really big nostalgia trip for me, too. Zelda is what really made me fall in love with video games to begin with.

4 backgrounds finished and I've started the intro into coding the game. Emotions for sprites are next.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#17 Post by KittyKatStar »

Aaah those backgrounds are so nostalgic. :D I can see the love you have for the series. It's awesome. >o<

yoshibb
Veteran

#18 Post by yoshibb »

Thanks! I'm still looking to see if I can find some spare pre made backgrounds anywhere to save some time but it looks like I might need to do them all. Curse my perfectionist side ><

I decided to make a textbox, so I'm a little behind today. I did the emotions of everyone except for the missing sprites and started writing and coding the story. Here's a little screenshot preview of what the game looks like right now for anyone interested:

Statistics:

The game contains 108 dialogue blocks, containing 2,022 words and 10,606
characters, for an average of 18.7 words and 98 characters per block.

The game contains 1 menus, 30 images, and 12 screens.
Hoping to be up to 5000 words tomorrow.

Awesomepigman
Organization: dtsgreg

#19 Post by Awesomepigman »

AH HOW DID I MISS THIS!! This looks amazing! Zelda is quite possibly my favorite series ever (pokemon is up there to) but Zelda is what made me want to be a game designer. I'm currently working on my degree in computer science so I can intern at Nintendo in Redmond so this is incredible. Best of luck, really this great and you deserve it ^.^

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#20 Post by Harliqueen »

Your progress on this is amazing :D

Those backgrounds are great, the colouring looks so nice against the character sprites.
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

yoshibb
Veteran

#21 Post by yoshibb »

@awesomepigman Thank you for the compliments! And yeah this is my second favorite game series, right behind Mass Effect. It was the reason I was such a gaming fan as a kid, so I can totally relate.

@Harliqueen Thanks! I'm glad you think they look good. I was honestly the most worried about doing the backgrounds because I don't have much experience with them. So I appreciate the encouragement ^.^

Erina's sprite is now finished, meaning only one remaining. The script is just past 5000 words but the next few days will be pretty writing heavy for me. I'm hoping to do Ganondorf's sprite sometime inbetween.

yoshibb
Veteran

#22 Post by yoshibb »

Ganondorf is finished!

Last sprite is done which means all sprites are pretty much completed outside of a few emotions that I need to add. Also completed some more backgrounds and currently writing progress is...
Statistics:

The game contains 691 dialogue blocks, containing 10,600 words and 54,663
characters, for an average of 15.3 words and 79 characters per block.

The game contains 7 menus, 39 images, and 12 screens.

rainbowparadoxes

#23 Post by rainbowparadoxes »

This looks cute. I like the Legend of Zelda.
You're very good at coloring! Link's sprite is my favorite.

yoshibb
Veteran

#24 Post by yoshibb »

rainbowparadoxes wrote:This looks cute. I like the Legend of Zelda.
You're very good at coloring! Link's sprite is my favorite.
Thank you! I'll admit that I probably gave a little extra love to the Link sprite. I wanted that one to be perfect.

Oh boy, so I've been going through that creative lag for the past few days, so that always makes things difficult. Some days you just look at what you've written and think it's crap. But I'm chugging on, hope it goes away soon. Progress wise I finished Malon's house and Hyrule Fields. I couldn't find a screenshot for Malon's house, so I kind of just went from what I saw and filled in the blanks. Hopefully it looks okay to you all.

That leaves 3 more backgrounds and of course the cgs on the art side. Writing and coding progress is about 65%
Statistics:

The game contains 1,125 dialogue blocks, containing 16,547 words and 85,280
characters, for an average of 14.7 words and 76 characters per block.

The game contains 14 menus, 48 images, and 12 screens.
I'm gonna try to finish this chapter before night's end, but bleh, my writing muse hates me right now.

yoshibb
Veteran

#25 Post by yoshibb »

Ok, slowly but surely making it to the end. I don't have too much to show since the majority of the art is done, but I wanted to keep this thread updated for anyone who is interested. I finished 1 of the cgs, but I'm gonna avoid posting it for spoiler reasons.

I can give an update on the writing:
Statistics:

The game contains 1,546 dialogue blocks, containing 22,271 words and 114,468
characters, for an average of 14.4 words and 74 characters per block.

The game contains 15 menus, 52 images, and 12 screens.
At the current rate I'm going, I think I'll barely make the deadline. But if it isn't finished by the end of the month, it will definitely be done by the first week of April.

yoshibb
Veteran

#26 Post by yoshibb »

Done! My first Nano has been fun, but very exhausting. Hope everyone likes the finished product!

You can find the download files here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=31538

Junesong
Regular

#27 Post by Junesong »

I just finished this game, and I have to say that I absolutely love love LOVE it!
Everything about it is just... aaah. I'm fangirling so hard right now. Link is so C U T E!
The writing is amazing and I love the dialogue, it's just an amazing game all around.
Wonderful job!