Gold Rush Delight [Mystery] [Thriller] [KN] [NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

Gold Rush Delight [Mystery] [Thriller] [KN] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#1 Post by nebulaway »

logo3.png
A new teacher is transferred to a prestigious high school where only the rich and famous can attend. During the course of the day, she realizes that one of her students has a lot of anxiety. After school, she tries to get him to talk but he’s too embarrassed by it. However, a little girl in a big white bow comes in and tells her she’s waiting for her big brother inside.

It’s only after she leaves the student confesses everything to the teacher; his grandmother had recently adopted the girl and he’s feels really uneasy about her desire to be close to their grandmother as possible. And he thinks she’s trying to kill him.

Before the teacher could comfort him, the two are stuck in the school during a power outage. As the two try to make it out of the building, there’s another type of darkness that haunts the school. And it’s not just the seven mysteries, either.
Gold Rush Delight is a short kinetic novel set in a fictional world filled with fictional people, written for NaNoRenO 2015.
CHARACTERS
xxx
Rosa (age ???)
A Hispanic-American English teacher who, despite warnings about the students, wants to help understand them better. Although, being stuck in the middle of a power outage after school doesn't help...

xxx
Yuki (age 15)
A young student who is generally quiet/introverted but is picked on lately by others because of a strange paranoia. Maybe he needs to stop watching horror movies & playing horror games...

xxx
Mika (age 10)
Yuki's adopted little sister. Very close to Grandmother and won't allow anyone, especially Yuki, get near her. Maybe it's because of her previous life, which was full of hostility, that she's obsessed with gold.

xxx
Grandmother (age 63)
A kind, and traditional grandmother who takes care of both Yuki and Mika.
SCREENSHOTS

none at the moment, sorry...please be patient!
only new screenshots will go in here. all older screenshots will be posted below!
PROGRESS
Writing: Outlined, Draft Started
Art: Processing....
Programming: Stopped
GUI: Status Unknown
UPDATES
03.03.2015: Started this thread, ahaha... Thankfully, my outline for the story is already done and I'm just writing the draft. I'm debating or not if I want to look for someone to help me do the GUI design. And if I do want a GUI... I mean, I already know I want a minimalist type anyway to focus more on the story and the sprites (and hopefully the atmosphere). This is intended to be a free product when it is done, so keep that in mind. Honestly, if no one offers, I'm just going to scrap the GUI design (I don't want to try to make my own when I already have so much to do and so much to watch over).
CREDITS
LOGO: renxka
STORY: nebulaway
PROGRAMMING: nebulaway
SPRITES: renxka
BACKGROUNDS: renxka
Last edited by nebulaway on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

Re: Gold Rush Delight [Mystery] [Thriller] [KN] [NaNoRenO 20

#2 Post by nebulaway »

OLDER SCREENSHOTS
this is a collection of older screenshots!
None right now! Check back later, okay?
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Gold Rush Delight [Mystery] [Thriller] [KN] [NaNoRenO 20

#3 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ooo, creepy little girls, I'm in :D I wish you all the best for Nano, your premise sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing the sprites!