Traverse the Multiverse (Action Adventure, GXG) [NaNo15]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
rainbowcascade
Regular

Traverse the Multiverse (Action Adventure, GXG) [NaNo15]

#1 Post by rainbowcascade »

Title: Traverse the Multiverse
Free for 1 month | After 1 month, will cost 3.99 to future buyers
Rating: 18+ for nudity, sexual situations, and violence

PLOT

Deadly monsters called Flesh Eaters prey upon humans in the city and the only people who can stop them are the Traversers:
a talented group of men and women who work under a mysterious organization dedicated towards management and
research of strange anomalies. Traversers must repeatedly trick flesh eaters into a warp hole in order to control them,
similar to how a bullfighter tricks a bull. Both traverser and flesh eater play a dangerous game, traveling through different
worlds until the flesh eater crumbles away. Only a special few can become a traverser and these folks move though space and
time, exploring multiple worlds all while keeping a flesh eater from harming anyone.

A young girl named Dami starts her first day on becoming one of these professionals and gets mentored by a most interesting woman...

THE HYPERSPACE POCKET:

It is a traverser's badge, their license, their weapon, their bag, and their favorite method to travel.
The hyperspace pocket can transport people/objects into alternative universes.
It also functions as a extra dimensional storage space for useful items like food, water, or a giant mallet.
Depending on how creative a transverser is, a hyperspace pocket can bend the laws of physics.

CHARACTERS

Freshmeat: Dami Lovett
A young 18 year old lady who has passed at the top of her class and is now on her first day in the job.
Nervous but eager to learn, she'll soon be thrown head first into all kinds of fantastic worlds with her naivety ripped out of her.

Top Traverser: Ai Casablancas
A 25 year old young woman whose youthful good looks and devil may care attitude hides the mind of a social engineering genius.
She's confident, free of worries, and always seems to know what to do. Ai is the constant source of headaches for the commander but even
Commander Blaire has to admit, Ai is damn good at her job, the best of what the organization has to offer. Even if Ai doesn't look or act like a professional.

Commander: Rose Blaire
A 36 year old woman. She's a mature veteran with no patience for silly jokes which is why Ai Casablancas antics annoy her to no end. There's something going
on between Rose and Ai, and Dami can't help but to pick up on something suspicious. Rose is a paragon of the mysterious organization
that Ai and Dami work for and Dami senses there's a lot of secrets that Rose is hiding.

The Flesh Eater:
Top priority of the organization is to keep these beasts under control. They are blob like creatures who enjoy eating pieces and parts of human flesh, leaving their
human prey in a state of partially digested torture. They cannot be harmed by guns or swords and are immune to combustion and acids. To control them, traversers such as
Ai Casablancas must trick or force the flesh eater to enter a time/space hole into another world which "sculpts" the flesh eater into a smaller form.
No one knows where flesh eaters come from or why they appear, but that information is currently under investigation and research.

++
NOW HIRING:

I'm currently looking for a musician to make 7 tracks (or less) for the game. Please notify me if you are interested in working with me.

++

Progress Log

Quote:
Story Breakdown: 98%
Writing: 0%
Programming: 0%
GUI: 0%
Sprites: 0%
BG: 0%
CG: 0%
Music: 0%

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Traverse the Multiverse (Action Adventure, GXG) [NaNo15]

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Hey, this sounds cool! Zombies + dimensional travel = Traverse the Multiverse, it would seem. I'm looking forward to learning more about Traversers and the world(s) they inhabit. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This sounds like an interesting concept and I like your character designs! Very curious to see where you go with it :D Good luck with finishing your game!

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#4 Post by DarkSin »

Looks very interesting! I like the concept, and the characters. I'll be looking forward to seeing your project develop :)

rainbowcascade
Regular

#5 Post by rainbowcascade »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Hey, this sounds cool! Zombies + dimensional travel = Traverse the Multiverse, it would seem. I'm looking forward to learning more about Traversers and the world(s) they inhabit. :)
Thanks for your interest! The flesh eaters are more like really mild versions of eldritch abominations than zombies.
Auro-Cyanide wrote:This sounds like an interesting concept and I like your character designs! Very curious to see where you go with it :D Good luck with finishing your game!
Thanks you very much for your support! I'm trying not to bombard the audience with too much lore info, and the main goal is to keep it simple and short. But I'm already feeling feature creep happening to me, haha.
DarkSin wrote:Looks very interesting! I like the concept, and the characters. I'll be looking forward to seeing your project develop :)
Thanks man! I also look forward to your game. So I'll be watching your progress too!

UPDATE:
I did sketches of three of the girls you can visit in Traverse the Multiverse. The game will have 6 worlds to visit (don't worry, they are very short routes) and each world has a lady that Ai and Dami will meet.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

rainbowcascade wrote:Thanks for your interest! The flesh eaters are more like really mild versions of eldritch abominations than zombies.
Ah, I see! I guess my brain took the term "flesh eater" and ran with it. :roll:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain