[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological]

#1 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

PaperDoor Studios makes its triumphant return after their first game, EVOLVEd : Echoes of the Codex War. Work has begun on our next project, a psychological thriller, for NaNoRenO.

[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction.png
2130 CE
John Oswald is a Demi, a human capable of using incredible powers. He is also an agent for World Police, an international security organisation. On their interaction, he is sent to the Japanese village, Tomishogo to investigate suspicious happenings. Unexpectedly, a massive explosion from an abandoned chemical plant rocks the city. Dozens die in the blast, and people across the town begin to get sick. Even stranger, those who survive the sickness become Demi like Oswald. Only these Demi are in a constant state of delirium, unable to distinguish between friend and foe.

In an attempt to contain the sickness, and knowledge of Demi, the Japanese government quarantines the town, preventing news crews and rescue operations from entering. Oswald is now cut off from the World Police. While desperately trying to survive in this terrifying environment, he meets a nine year old girl who's mother died of the sickness. The girl is trying to find her father, a seemingly powerful man who has arranged for the girl to be evacuated. But she is unable to make it to the rendezvous point on her own. Oswald and the girl begin to make the treacherous to what they hope will be an escape.

However, Moka Shiro, leader of the elite military division CMYK1, has plans of her own. She knows a dark secret about the girl, and intends to exploit it for the good of the nation―and her own sick pleasure.

These are the last days of Tomishogo. The events which take place here will change the course of human history.
Writing - Anairis Quinones
Art, concept - Truefaiterman
Music - Greyberry
Programming - Reika Aoyama
Vehicle design, logo design, additional programming - Shoji Amasawa
[ASH] the Seeds of Destruction is intended not only as a strong standalone piece, but a prequel to PaperDoor's next big project. Stay tuned for updates!
Attachments
John Oswald and a soldier.
John Oswald and a soldier.
The mysterious girl.
The mysterious girl.
Commander Moka Shiro.
Commander Moka Shiro.

uminee

Re: [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] [Psychological

#2 Post by uminee »

wow..this looks like a pretty epic prequel! the art style is so professional and the whole premise gives me such a feeling of suspense :shock:
i like that the setting takes place in Japan, my birth country :lol: so i am curious to see how much the cultural aspects of Japan will be touched on, if at all. i also wonder how the title, Ash, relates to the story as a whole.

good luck on this, i'm sure it will be good!
"The bonds will never fade unless the heart gives them up."

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#3 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

uminee wrote:wow..this looks like a pretty epic prequel! the art style is so professional and the whole premise gives me such a feeling of suspense :shock:
i like that the setting takes place in Japan, my birth country :lol: so i am curious to see how much the cultural aspects of Japan will be touched on, if at all. i also wonder how the title, Ash, relates to the story as a whole.

good luck on this, i'm sure it will be good!
Thank you, Uminee! Lots of work is being put into this. Some very excellent writing has been done just today.

Despite the Japanese setting, I do not think much culture will be delved into, for the sake of pacing. The story is focused on Oswald and the girl's fight for survival in a town which is collapsing around them. That is where the title [ASH] comes from.

Also, an exciting update. We have recorded most of an ED song, most likely to be sung by a rather popular singer among this community. Stay tuned for more on that, and most importantly, updates on the game itself!

And finally, some coloured sprite concepts from our artist. What great designs these are!
Attachments
Girl COLOUR 1.png
Moka.png
Soldier.png

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#4 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Here's a big update:

Sayuri Maebara, known for her excellent covers of anime songs and her role as Sola in the popular visual novel Sunrider, will be performing the ED for [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction, 「Third World War」. With lyrics by Shoji Amasawa and music by Greyberry, PaperDoor's music production team, 「Third World War」showcases Sayuri's amazing range and adaptability, as well as breaking conventions of modern visual novel music.

Pretty exciting, eh?

Among other things, art has been going well. Hoping to get a big update on the writing soon, and the coding is going as smoothly as you can expect coding to go. This should be great when it is done!
Attachments
Third World War cover.jpg

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#5 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Unfortunately, we have hit delays. The full game should be out by mid April, because we don't quit! I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of NaNoRenO, but what can you do when real life gets in the way? However, a demo will be released today!

But, that is not the most interesting or satisfying news, is it? I have a much more exciting news! Sayuri Maebara has released the 「Third World War」 single for YOU to enjoy! Follow the link below and give it a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjYoOz ... e=youtu.be

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#6 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

Re: [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction [Thriller] COMPLETE

#7 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Ladies and gentlemen (I wouldn’t recommend boys and girls play this): [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction has been released! Get it now for Mac, Linux, and Windows! But most importantly, FOR FREE!!

Yes, this was intended as a NaNoRenO project, but life happens. The additional time allowed us to polish the game and make it the best possible experience.

Here is the cover art! (Yes, it is intentionally unusual.)
ASH-cover.jpg
Listen to Sayuri Maebara’s theme song 「Third World War」!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjYoOz ... e=youtu.be

DOWNLOAD ALL VERSIONS HERE!
http://www.4shared.com/zip/7U-EHqK0ba/ASH-all.html

Please enjoy and review!