Waiting in the Wind [comedy] GxB[Nanoreno 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Waiting in the Wind [comedy] GxB[Nanoreno 2015]

#1 Post by Morishita »

A few things have been brought to my attention and because of that I may have to re-think whether I should do the Nanoreno challenge or finish my bigger games (Curse of the Caribbean) instead. I think I might just work on Curse of the Caribbean. For this story I'll put it back in my file cabinet full of other story idea's that I have in mind ^^;
Good luck to everyone else working hard for Nanoreno!!
I'm not sure why I'm doing this to myself again XD It must be the adrenaline rush~

I decided on the title of the game to be called Waiting in the Wind and it's a semi-comedy/ slice of life story. I'm going to have them be around college age, I know they look younger then that but don't worry I'll fix that.

I still haven't come up with the names just yet but our main heroine has seen her mother deal with a horrible past relationship with her step-father and because of that and her own failed relationships she now has a very cynical outlook on love and people. One day while walking through the house in her sport's bra, snuggy and belting out scratchy lyric's to her favorite cartoon song, she doesn't realize that her mother actually has company over. Coming face to face with her mother's friends and their two son's she isn't sure if she should swear off all human contact forever to avoid the pain of humiliation or if she should walk out the room as if nothing even happened.
We all have our own wacky stories about life, love and friendship. Pull up a chair and enjoy her wacky story that is slowly unfolding infront of her.

I need to do some more house work but I plan on getting the outline done tonight and hopefully get the story typed up and the sprites rough draft up. Once I have the sprites done I'll add up their portfolio and each other their personalities.

Progress
Script: 5%(I'm working on the story step by step outline to make the script easier)
Sprites: 0%(0/4)
Backgrounds: 0% (0/5?)
CGs: 0%(0/4?)
GUI: 0%(I'm sooooo not a GUI person but oh well ^^;)
Music: 0%

[attachment=0]nanoreno15menu.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
nanoreno15menu.jpg
Last edited by Morishita on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Waiting in the Wind [comedy] GxB[Nanoreno 2015]

#2 Post by Guest »

This game looks promising. I really like the art even though it's just a sketch. Looking good there.