Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015] - Completed

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
laspis
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31016

Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015] - Completed

#1 Post by laspis »

Hi everyone!
This is my first time joining NaNoRenO. (In fact, I just knew this event exists one week ago.) The game is my first ever game made using Ren'Py, and maybe the first ever game I ever finish. Just typing is making me nervous *sweats*
Okay, this game is a kinetic novel loosely based on a fairytale called "Little Brother and Little Sister".
I'm working on this project solo and I only learned Ren'Py for one week, but I'll try my best!

-------------Story----------------
Nak encounters a mysterious girl called 'Vivace' who claims to be a fairy. This encounter leads to many unexpected events....When Nak finally gets adopted, his new 'mother' is not the kind of person he expects her to be. Through the harsh days living in a secluded mansion behind iron fence, the only thing that keeps him alive is a girl called Claudia.
PLAN:
Week 1: Writing & Character Sketches & Music (Complete)
Week 2: (I have exams this week...) Backgrounds & Sprites (Backgrounds are filtered images.) (COMPLETE)
Week 3: Sprites & Coding (Complete
<Week 4>: Proofread & Final touches (Done!)

--------------Characters---------------
Before we proceed I would like to make a confession...I suck at digital art.
Claudia...who looks very creepy indeed. She is a calm, emotionless, girl with few words.
Claudia...who looks very creepy indeed. She is a calm, emotionless, girl with few words.
The Red Witch, the main 'antagonist' of the story. She may look pretty, but she has the personality of a devil.
The Red Witch, the main 'antagonist' of the story. She may look pretty, but she has the personality of a devil.
A sketch of Prince Philbert, the easy-going genius but sometimes idiotic prince. He is Snow White's son.
A sketch of Prince Philbert, the easy-going genius but sometimes idiotic prince. He is Snow White's son.
Vivace is a mysterious fairy who lives in a shack in the woods. Her origins remain unclear, but she seems to be an important figure...
Vivace is a mysterious fairy who lives in a shack in the woods. Her origins remain unclear, but she seems to be an important figure...

Nak - A boy from the south east. He acts carefree but is also very sensitive and easily discouraged at times.

More characters will be updated :D

Feel free to comment on anything.

If I make any changes to this post, I will do it in dark blue so you can see. Thank you for taking your time reading.

----------------------------

The game's thread is here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=31394

----------------------------
Last edited by laspis on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

steve_T
Regular

Re: Claudia [Fairytale, Romance] [NaNoRenO 2015]

#2 Post by steve_T »

sounds like an interesting story

I look forward to seeing it

greenteadreams

#3 Post by greenteadreams »

I wouldn't say that your art sucks; I actually really like it. I particularly like Vivace's design.

laspis

#4 Post by laspis »

steve_T wrote:sounds like an interesting story

I look forward to seeing it
I'm glad you look forward to it. :D
greenteadreams wrote:I wouldn't say that your art sucks; I actually really like it. I particularly like Vivace's design.
Thank you so much! This is my first time doing something like this so I appreciate your comment.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#5 Post by Harliqueen »

This sounds really interesting, I always love stuff based of fairytales :D

I adore the Red Witch's outfit!

Good luck with NaNo :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

laspis

#6 Post by laspis »

Harliqueen wrote:This sounds really interesting, I always love stuff based of fairytales :D

I adore the Red Witch's outfit!

Good luck with NaNo :)
Thank you :D I also love fairytale based stuff. I'm having a lot of fun working on this project.

laspis

#7 Post by laspis »

I'm very close to finished with the sprites. There was unexpected load of work (*cough* science fair *cough*) so I'm a little behind on the schedule right now. Well, time to go colour more characters!
Here are more supporting casts:
The 'Little Red Riding Hood' who lives in the palace with Snow White and Philbert. Also called the 'black crow', she never shows any emotions and looks down on everyone.
The 'Little Red Riding Hood' who lives in the palace with Snow White and Philbert. Also called the 'black crow', she never shows any emotions and looks down on everyone.
Akai is Nak's best friend. He isn't friendly and you wouldn't want to mess with him.
Akai is Nak's best friend. He isn't friendly and you wouldn't want to mess with him.
Tell me what you think :D

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#8 Post by dreamy »

Wah, little red riding hood looks so cute, even though she seems so emo. I'm looking forward to seeing this project, it sounds really cute! Good luck :D
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

laspis

#9 Post by laspis »

Only one more day left in NaNo! I'm in the process of proofreading and adjusting some things like the transitions and music. I will post the finished game by the end of the day, hopefully.
This is my first game so please don't kill me if it doesn't meet your expectations :lol:

Screenshot:
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
Statistics:

The game contains 642 dialogue blocks, containing 5,241 words and 28,127
characters, for an average of 8.2 words and 44 characters per block.

The game contains 0 menus, 52 images, and 12 screens.

...In other words, it's a short game.
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
My tumblr: karita-01