[COMPLETED]The Black Cloth Painting [Fantasy, Courtroom]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
veitralf
Completed: Find them on veitralf.itch.io

[COMPLETED]The Black Cloth Painting [Fantasy, Courtroom]

#1 Post by veitralf »

STORY

In "The Black Cloth Painting" you are trying to solve a crime. Luckily, it's just the banal case of a stolen painting, but its owner nevertheless wants you, Sharley, Captain of the City Guard, to take the case personally. So you set out with your husband to find the painting, which you do. Very quickly. But that's not where your investigation ends.
CHARACTERS

SHARLEY
As the Captain of the City Guard, a lot of responsibility is placed on her shoulders. But it's not responsibility of "Fighting crime with sharp sticks"-variety, but it's rather more heady "Negotiating livable terms with the Evil Empire that's occupying your home" sort of situation. This case is really just wasting your time.

VARR
Sharley's husband and famous fencing tutor. He's cheerful and tries to fix as many problems as possible without large skewers, but sometimes they're necessary. This is how he lost his arm a few years back.

WHISPERWISP
The richest art dealer on the island, and a prominent figure in its nightlife. He has a healthy relationship with the local smugglers and is under much less delusion about the origins of his wares.
.... And more.

PROGRESS

ALL DONE!

The Black Cloth Painting can be dowloaded on itch.io under http://veitralf.itch.io/black-cloth-painting
Attachments
amsd.png
svw.png
Last edited by veitralf on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

Re: The Black Cloth Painting [Fantasy, Puzzle, Courtroom]

#2 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

You have me intensely curious. Just wondering is this going to be anything like the Ace Attorney games? I guess my mind goes there whenever I hear 'Courtroom' game.

Haha, I look forward to seeing this one completed! Good luck!

veitralf
Completed: Find them on veitralf.itch.io

Re: The Black Cloth Painting [Fantasy, Puzzle, Courtroom]

#3 Post by veitralf »

Maelstrom-Fenrir wrote:You have me intensely curious. Just wondering is this going to be anything like the Ace Attorney games? I guess my mind goes there whenever I hear 'Courtroom' game.

Haha, I look forward to seeing this one completed! Good luck!
Hi, thanks for the luck! (or is saying that bad luck?)
Yes, it's totally supposed to be like the Ace Attorney games. It was known to me in early concepts as "the AA clone", but we'll see how many things actually make it into the finished game. I'm in the "oh no, this is way too much stuff"-phase of development right now, so I'll be cutting a bunch of planned (Ace Attorney clone-) features, unfortunately.