Perceptions of the Dead - [NanoReno15] [Horror]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

Perceptions of the Dead - [NanoReno15] [Horror]

#1 Post by Geckos »

Perceptions of the Dead
is a horror visual novel about a rather laid back ghost hunter who likes to maintain an air of mystery.

EDIT--- view the finished game here! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=31435
I am the project manager and artist! Nyo is the writer. We were lucky enough to get a team of amazing people to help us out.

This project will be voiced by:
Justice Washington - as Tyrone
Mel Gorsha - as Tulip
Heidi Tabing - as Ripley
Josh Putnam (Khenpoe) - as Marcus

Music is being done by Caelem
And sound effects will be done by Annie Quinn

Tyrone (main)
Description:
Despite having come face to face with the kind of things horror movies are written about, Tyrone still believes that the worst time of his life was his youth spent growing up in a really bad part of a big city. Now he’s happy to live off the fat of working in a very obscure, niche industry and explore the country, helping people put their ghosts to rest, sometimes literally, sometimes not.

Marcus
Description:
Marcus is Tyrone’s friend from when Tyrone’s family moved to the suburbs. Nothing can bring down his mood. He cares about nothing other than hygiene and cleanliness and he is impossible to bother. He has been watching over Tyrone’s house while he’s been away.

Tulip
Description:
This Neighborhood Girl just shows up out of no where and starts asking questions about Tyrone and his investigations. She appears to be the epitome of upper middle class white upbringing, and probably has no idea what she’s getting into! Or maybe not...

Ripley
Ripley is a ghost. A very old ghost. She’s after Tyrone because he’s very powerful, and might be able to help her with a little problem she has. She’s very laid back because she has very few concerns at this point in her unlife.

So far we have about 75% of the project completed, and we hope to add an extra route to the game, time permitting.

We hope to release the game for Windows, Mac, Linux, and hopefully Android.

EDIT 3/22
Here's a line of voice and a bit of music from the game! It features Tyrone and Tulip.
Attachments
tulip.jpg
scene_2.jpg
scene_1.jpg
gui.jpg
gui_1.jpg
gui_2.jpg
Last edited by Geckos on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Image ImageImage

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Perceptions of the Dead - [NanoReno15] [Horror]

#2 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Wow a horror themed VN! Can't wait to play it when it's done, fabulous art, and the interface for the game are fitting so well with the theme! Even I'm not a big fan for horror things I think I'll give this one a go and probably will love it! Good luck!

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#3 Post by Kia »

screen size is for handheld devices I assume. do you care to comment on that? I'm interested to do a similar project some day.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Awesome :) will it be on IOS?
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck

#5 Post by Geckos »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Wow a horror themed VN! Can't wait to play it when it's done, fabulous art, and the interface for the game are fitting so well with the theme! Even I'm not a big fan for horror things I think I'll give this one a go and probably will love it! Good luck!
Thank you! I look forward to hearing what you think. :3
Kia wrote:screen size is for handheld devices I assume. do you care to comment on that? I'm interested to do a similar project some day.
I generally use NanoReno as an excuse to experiment. This time I chose to use a vertical screen format for that very reason, in part because I'd like to release it for android.
Hazel-Bun wrote:Awesome :) will it be on IOS?
Possibly? I would have to have someone else do that for me as I do not have access to a Mac computer. @@

Update!
I thought I'd share a music clip from the game with some voice acting and music in there. :3
Tyrone and then Tulip speaking.
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran

#6 Post by Geckos »

For the first route of the game (we hope to have time to add a small side route), we need only to render 2 images, add sound effects and finish up a bit of music!
Attachments
house.jpg
Image ImageImage

Geckos
Veteran

#7 Post by Geckos »

Image ImageImage