Death and Other Practical Jokes [Paranormal] [NaNo16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Death and Other Practical Jokes [Paranormal] [NaNo16]

#91 Post by Weenily »

SHOW THEM THE GIF FIRST, THEN EXPLAIN

HECK YEAH YOU ARE
u can do it!!! u are fuELED BY SAGUARO'S GUI, MUSICALS, AND YOUR INNER ARTIE
LOL YEAH I FEEL U its good motivation but then also pressuRE. cannot disappoint ya partner even tho they'd be fine it's just ghfjfdf

(YOU BET I AM. but i need to work on getting at least one concrete story i wanna turn into a VN lmao. so far they're mostly sudden ideas that burn out real quick! WHEN I DO GET STARTED ON A VN THO I'LL DEFS BOMBARD YOU WITH MY CRAY IDEAS FOR IT)

theyll be a pretty wake up call to stop pickin the wrong choic es
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#92 Post by Ghost of Crux »

IM
SOMEHOW IT FEELS LIKE THAT'S A VERY BAD PITCH

THANKS
bc i need to motivate myself with showing progress heres a v stupidly early sketch of a scene

(YAYAY I honestly can't wait to see them tbh like even if they're really short kns I'd love to see them)

WELL not all of them are bad like, the one above is just a scene zoom which has cg-ish elements but you will prolly not die
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

yoshibb
Veteran

#93 Post by yoshibb »

I think it's cool that you are using a younger protagonist in this. I don't see that too often and I think it's interesting. I also like how you are using the sprite style art. Everything about this VN is very unique. Good luck!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#94 Post by Ghost of Crux »

yoshibb wrote:I think it's cool that you are using a younger protagonist in this. I don't see that too often and I think it's interesting. I also like how you are using the sprite style art. Everything about this VN is very unique. Good luck!
Thank you!
I actually want to see more younger/older protagonists in visual novels and want to make them, but considering that I'm 18 I don't think I can speak for the people in the 40's so here I am, writing 7 years olds :'d
Thanks! (that uniqueness is primarily thanks to the fact that these take less time-- well, the sprites, at least. The background? rip me)

Good luck with your projects, too!
Image Image

Weenily
Regular

#95 Post by Weenily »

@Namio:
DON'T YOU TRUST ME B(

NICE PROGRESS shhh its always cool to see rough sketches of the final CGs. back views are pain to draw but those look rly good so far!

(thank youuu i appreciate you saying that <3)

HOORAY FOR NOT DYING. also bc i wasn't sure, is it okay to comment on your ideas thread? i checked it out earlier and gosh all those cool artie games and other cool concepts! I'D GIVE MORE FOCUSED COMMENTS THO OFC HAHA DW.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#96 Post by infel »

I really love point and click style games =D. In fact those games are what I have most on my account lol. Anyway this story sounds very interesting =). As for the art I like the unique style. I remember seeing it in another game, but never got the chance to comment. Looking forward to this one. Just one question though, is this also maybe a bit of a horror ? I don't expect big jump scares, but the part with dolls eyes is creepy DX.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#97 Post by Ghost of Crux »

infel wrote:I really love point and click style games =D. In fact those games are what I have most on my account lol. Anyway this story sounds very interesting =). As for the art I like the unique style. I remember seeing it in another game, but never got the chance to comment. Looking forward to this one. Just one question though, is this also maybe a bit of a horror ? I don't expect big jump scares, but the part with dolls eyes is creepy DX.
Hello! Thank you :'D Haha yeah I blatantly stole my own art style ;; Frankly I would've gone for another brush or another style entirely but eh it's NaNo
As for your second question-- I'm afraid it will kind of be? Like there won't be jumpscares, but if you clearly did things wrong repeatedly (there will be a lot of tells) there might be a sudden timed decision. (It will probably be like 5-10 seconds)
The doll part isn't really a thing though xD It's a description from before I fleshed things out, and now the doll does flag morse codes instead. The dolls are actually tame ghosts that Artemisia plays with.

In any case, you can actually bypass any investigations you don't want to do, too u v u
Weenily wrote:@Namio:
DON'T YOU TRUST ME B(

NICE PROGRESS shhh its always cool to see rough sketches of the final CGs. back views are pain to draw but those look rly good so far!

(thank youuu i appreciate you saying that <3)

HOORAY FOR NOT DYING. also bc i wasn't sure, is it okay to comment on your ideas thread? i checked it out earlier and gosh all those cool artie games and other cool concepts! I'D GIVE MORE FOCUSED COMMENTS THO OFC HAHA DW.
I TRUST YOU BUT AT WHAT COST

back views are a pain but i had practice drawing for many a weary foot //thousandyardstare

(>3)

IT'S OKAY. I mostly was only going to use one post but then TNS just /needed/ an entire post and I just went ahead and separated my otomes too soo-- HECK I DON'T MIND YOUR WEIRDER COMMENTS

goal today: do lab reports, somewhat finish bg #1
Image Image

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

#98 Post by PeroxidePrince »

So interested in this project! I love paranormal stories, and I'm partial to bratty protagonists.
The art style is great, and the added lightsabers are a definite bonus lmao.
I'm really excited to see more! Wishing you luck!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#99 Post by Ghost of Crux »

PeroxidePrince wrote:So interested in this project! I love paranormal stories, and I'm partial to bratty protagonists.
The art style is great, and the added lightsabers are a definite bonus lmao.
I'm really excited to see more! Wishing you luck!
Thank you! 8D
Lightsabers are good accidents
Thanks! You too o v o

--

Hello folks! Considering the past few days where I am useless and mostly moped around and slept, I decided that I'd at least post some progress, even if it's a WIP :'p
Still working on some arts, since I'm a bit blocked on the writing side. (My mind is certainly more into stories instead of pieces that can be gleamed for a semblance of knowledge)
Still, I'm working on it.
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#100 Post by KiloTango »

The wallpaper is so detailed!

I really like your non-antialiased pixel work so it's cool to see it in this as well. Hope you feel better soon, we're rooting for you! :)
ImageImageImage

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#101 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Interesting!! Looks good so far!!
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Weenily
Regular

#102 Post by Weenily »

I hope you can feel better! the BG is lookin' gr8 so far!! gl w the writer's block too aaa

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by Ghost of Crux »

KiloTango wrote:The wallpaper is so detailed!

I really like your non-antialiased pixel work so it's cool to see it in this as well. Hope you feel better soon, we're rooting for you! :)
I CAN'T TAKE CREDIT: I cheated by assembling a room in Sims xD
Though I couldn't use it as is since the furniture and other minor details need to be changed. Still, I can't take credit.
(OKay, I'll take credit for all the tRACING THE DAMASK PATTERN rip me)

Thank you! :'D I'm glad you like that art style, haha-- it's honestly a lot of fun. And thanks again! I'm feeling better now, and I think I'll most likely start working more tomorrow. [looks at the clock] Uh. Today.
Hi.In.Ni wrote:Interesting!! Looks good so far!!
Thank you so much! :'D
Weenily wrote:I hope you can feel better! the BG is lookin' gr8 so far!! gl w the writer's block too aaa
THanks I'm feeling a lot better-- I spent Tuesday taking 2 hours to make oatmeal bc I just didn't want to do anything but that time is past and I'm hoping I won't repeat that episode again

I HAD A WRITER'S BLOCK BUT I SPENT A DAY AWAY (rafting is so much fun off topic) AND CAME BACK TO SAGUARO WORKING FRICKING MAGIC I AM HONESTLY JUST SPEECHLESS BUT ALSO INCREDIBLY INSPIRED TO WORK
basically I am easily bought
but also it's looking really great I can't believe this is a thing
It's ten days in and I'm still just kind of reeling at the fact that I get to work with incredible people seriously
Image Image

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#104 Post by clua »

Your artstyle is really interesting and I like the type of rendering you choose for your game. Paranormal/occult stories are the best XD. Good luck to all the team!!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#105 Post by Ghost of Crux »

clua wrote:Your artstyle is really interesting and I like the type of rendering you choose for your game. Paranormal/occult stories are the best XD. Good luck to all the team!!
Thank you so much! It really means a lot, considering that your art style is so distinct and interesting.
AND THEY ARE. Thank you!

EDIT: Ended up working on another room, and it seems like this is the style:
Image Image