Death and Other Practical Jokes [Paranormal] [NaNo16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Death and Other Practical Jokes [Paranormal] [NaNo16]

#151 Post by Zelan »

Ghost of Crux wrote:SHE PULLS OF THE ANDROGYNOUS LOOK I AGREE
But with that frown I'm not sure I agree on adorable
but maybe bc at age 17 there's only tragedy for artie

WEEPS.... I literally am juggling everything. This game. The other games in my list. I AM GOING TO DO NANOWRIMO NEXT MONTH. anyone who has control over their lives please save me
I go after the tsunderes in dating games and irl so BRING ON THE FROWNS idk I guess I find prickly people attractive. give her some of them sexy glasses and then she'll be perfect

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#152 Post by Ghost of Crux »

SORRY ZELAN SHE'S ACE. MAYBE ARO. OR VERY HARD TO BEFRIEND DEMIROMANTIC.

She actually wears sunglasses does that work
I think she'd look really good in glasses tho mmmm
Maybe I'll draw it soon.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#153 Post by Zelan »

youre only aro/ace until you meet ME AMIRITE GUYS oh wait nope im not that desirable pffFFFTT

For serious, though, she would look like a pretty badass detective with glasses. That might just be me, but besides finding glasses strangely attractive I also find them intimidating if the person in question looks even slightly upset. I dunno, they just make people seem more serious about laying down the law to me.

Of course, as is the rule of the Internet, sunglasses make everything more badass and dramatic, like so

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#154 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:youre only aro/ace until you meet ME AMIRITE GUYS oh wait nope im not that desirable pffFFFTT

For serious, though, she would look like a pretty badass detective with glasses. That might just be me, but besides finding glasses strangely attractive I also find them intimidating if the person in question looks even slightly upset. I dunno, they just make people seem more serious about laying down the law to me.

Of course, as is the rule of the Internet, sunglasses make everything more badass and dramatic, like so

AHAHAHAHAHAHA SHHHH I'M SURE YOU'RE WOOING BIRDS LEFT AND RIGHT THERE I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING HATOFUL BOYFRIEND IN CALCULUS CLASS IGNORE ALL BIRD REFERENCES

Glasses always seem to change the way expressions work and seriousness is def one of the factors affected. People in glasses being upset is scary as heck tbh
Artie is already pretty serious looking overall (or acts like a general badass) (like this is her at age 19) and her with sunglasses is actually kind of intimidating because you can't see her eyes. Her expressions only show in her frowns then. Though she wears it not for the Rule of Cool but because of the fact that the ghosts are semi-transparent white shadows.
Image Image

emeytroi
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=24451
Projects: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37800
Organization: Olfix
Tumblr: troilife
Deviantart: emeytroi

#155 Post by emeytroi »

Ghost of Crux wrote: PSHHT. Artie is an agent of the Law, not the dark side. She is Javert with a lightsaber.

Somehow I don't think a point and click game with somewhat horrifying ghosts (if you get them angry) can be called relaxing but hey I find Hatoful Boyfriend to be intense

Actually, I'm drawing her for another game where she's 17 and this is how she looks so she probably lost that right
Artie will forever be cute in my eyes! D8<

http://troilife.tumblr.com/post/1418511 ... r-nanoreno

Now excuse me as I stop procrastinating and get back to work hahah
Finished Projects:
Work In Progress:
Nano '16 Work in Progress:

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#156 Post by RumRat »

So I've been lurking around this thread since you posted (sorry for never actually commenting :"D) and I've wanted to do a fanart but everything somehow got in the way
So now I'm finally done crying working on my NaNo and I have time for it :D
I loved the whole hiding crayons in her clothes thing going on with Weenily, and the lightsaber and you also posted pics of Artie when she's older(i'm in love) and I wanted to do a thing for all of those but my wrist is killing me from all the drawing with the mouse so I kind of stuffed them all into one scribble thing, sorry :"D
Anyway, here, a grown-up Artie protecting her crayons with a lightsaber:

I drew her with her hair untied first tho http://s28.postimg.org/g7j08db65/Arti_fanart.png
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#157 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Oh God.................... there are no words to explain how amazing all of you are... you guys are amazing.
I didn't expect to get so much support for this game so let me weep grossly over all of you
(here have petulant baby artie)

@ emeytroi; I ADORE THE ART STYLE SO MUCH??? I really love soft shading in monochrome arts, and the brush texture just looks really pretty. I love the face, too-- the way you draw faces make it look poignant and it just look so very pretty. I also love how you draw hair????? THANK YOU SO MUCH
<333333

@ ThePirate; [takes deep breath] [imitates a banshee scream]
THIS IS PERFECT. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THE MENTAL IMAGE. Yes Artie keep them crayons safe! You already ran off into the sunset when you're 17 anyway, nobody can keep you from your crayons!
this really needs to be referenced forever
Thank you so much I love it. Her expression just looks like someone who is not amused by all the injustices in the world, but especially the injustice that allows people to take her crayons from her. It's absolutely perfect.
ILU
Image Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Hello!

Since NaNo is over and this project is still in the works, I just want to say that while I won't be updating this thread anymore, you can watch for progress over at my tumblr, Unicorsity. Huge thanks and lots of love for everyone who so nicely supported me throughout the entire month; though I wasn't able to work as much as I could've, you guys inspire me to finish this no matter what.

I'll see you around!
Image Image