Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][MC ART

#76 Post by try10 »

Oh WOW! The boys are gorgeous! I didn't expect their sprites to look so good! :D
This project is going to be amazing, I'm 100% sure!!!

Harmonywish
Regular

#77 Post by Harmonywish »

OMG They are so hot *w* I can't choose pff xD

Drewz
Regular

#78 Post by Drewz »

Elze > Oh my gosh the princes are so gorgeous! What you call messy sketches I'd call finished art XD Especially Zel; not messy at all! Absolutely love the MC sprite, there's no way you're gonna disappoint xD
I'm so gonna play this ♥

selenity136
Regular

#79 Post by selenity136 »

1. Any thoughts or comments about the story premise so far?
At first, I thought the MC's name as Charming was kind of weird only because I thought it was a guy and saw the word Princess in front of it--so I was confused. But when I realized that it's a gender twist on the prince from Cinderella then I got it. So, I really do like the concept of how the guys are all damsels in distress and that you've taken some aspects of the fairy tails that we've come to love and make it more real. Like the case of Prince Mer and how he lost his voice--which is very similar to Ariel giving up her voice.

2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
I would have to say Prince White at the moment.

3. Which love interest do you think you will pursue first?
Prince Zel.

4. Would you be interested in the future expansion (that will have 2 new routes, as well as a lot more scenes for the current 3 routes)?
YES! Will there be Princes from Beauty + Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Snow Queen (not the Frozen one but the one where the Snow Queen change the people's personality to be cold by having an ice shard in their eye), Aladdin?

5. Any other comments or questions?
Nope.

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#80 Post by Weenily »

Windchimes wrote:@Weenily:
LOL PRINCE RED GG Okay I'll try my best to put in some flirtatious choices in the final version LOLOL
If you ever need help trying to think of (laughably) flirtatious choices I'm your guy ;B). WEEPPS BUT THANK YOU I APPRECIATE THAT HAHA
Elze wrote:Sketches of 2 of the princes are now up on our Tumblr. I'll be posting a WIP of Charming's Gown version next, probably in a couple of days.
b Y E... THE PRINCES ARE REALLY HOT AND I'M BLUSHGIN. HAHA FRICK. I'M SO EXCITED TO ROMANCE TH EM. THOSE SKETCHES ARE TOO GOOD.

Elzee's art has improved a lot since her free sprite pack! *o* Her anatomy has definitely improved and gosh that coloring. And I really love how intricate her clothing design is! I absolutely love the clam with the jewel on Prince Mer's outfit. ALSO PRINCE ZEL'S HAIR IS GORGEOUS. He's gorgeous. Ugh I love how cool and stoic Prince Mer is, HOWEVER PRINCE ZEL IS REALLY PRETTY. The colors are really nice too! Good color choices for them! Prince Mer and Prince Zel are at a tie for me right now hAHA gotta wait for the gown design and Prince White.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#81 Post by Windchimes »

@MimirollCookie:
Ahhh the fanart is so adorable! <3 Thank you so much omg :D

@LadyOfGatsby:
Glad to hear you like the princes' designs. Thanks for commenting!

@try10:
Haha, happy to hear you like the sprites for the princes! :D I hope we don't disappoint <3 Thank you for leaving a comment!

@Harmonywish:

:D Glad you like both the princes! Thanks for commenting!

@Drewz:

Thank you for leaving a comment! Happy to hear you'll be interested in playing the game later. Will pass on the compliments to Elzee. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear it.

@selenity136:
Haha, sorry for the initial confusion! Really happy to hear you like the project so far!
As for the future love interests... we are currently considering Beauty and the Beast as well as Sleeping Beauty, along with some other choices. We haven't decided firmly yet which love interests to add in the final release though! As for Snow Queen and Aladdin... I'll add the former to the list of potential choices, but as for Aladdin, since we are taking princesses from the public domain fairy tales, I'm afraid we can't use Aladdin because Jasmine is actually a Disney character, but not from the public domain fairy tale.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!

@Weenily:

I'll keep your offer in mind! xDD Thanks <3
And thank you for all the compliments! I'll tell Elzee to check in this thread later. She'll be so happy to hear all the positive feedback.
Thanks for keeping up with our updates and commenting :D

Thank you to everyone for your comments and compliments! I will pass on the feedback to Elzee xD She may drop in later to reply to some comments individually.
Anyways, the first post should be updated with more art (or well, struggling to at the moment)! Weekly update megapost/intro post (with actual project info for once) is also up on Tumblr.

Just for the sake of consistency, here's the weekly progress report:

1st Week Updates

♔ Charming’s sprite (daily dress version) completed!
♔ Colored sketches for Mer and Zel are done!
♔ Basic GUI screens finished
♔ Ballroom background done
♔ One BGM done
♔ Finished writing for General Route, started White/Mer's routes
♔ Team chibis finished

Thanks for all the support!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][ART UPD

#82 Post by Lesleigh63 »

The sprites are gorgeous

[although that very pale colouring is giving me a massive headache with trying to keep the backgrounds from overpowering the sprites, but I shall prevail!!!]

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#83 Post by runeraccoon »

MER AND ZEL HAMG SOPRECIOUS.
I LOVE ZEL'S FAB HAIR can i touch it.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#84 Post by Elze »

OH WOW WHAT I wasn't expecting to get so many comments on those messy sketches THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AS ALWAYS ////
LadyOfGatsby wrote:I'm so excited to the see princes ^ ^ Yay! Omg they're both so beautiful and handsome!
EEE TYSM for your kind compliments. I'm glad you like them <3
try10 wrote:Oh WOW! The boys are gorgeous! I didn't expect their sprites to look so good! :D
This project is going to be amazing, I'm 100% sure!!!
Aaaa thank you for your vote of confidence! And I'm glad you like the princes' designs ; v ; Please look forward to White's design next week!
Harmonywish wrote:OMG They are so hot *w* I can't choose pff xD
TYSM <3 Shhhh it's ok, I'm a fickle pickle too :'D
Drewz wrote:Elze > Oh my gosh the princes are so gorgeous! What you call messy sketches I'd call finished art XD Especially Zel; not messy at all! Absolutely love the MC sprite, there's no way you're gonna disappoint xD
I'm so gonna play this ♥
Hi hi! o/ Aaaa thank you for the kind compliments <33 Those sketches are really messy though ;;; Hnng I'll try not to disappoint!
Weenily wrote: b Y E... THE PRINCES ARE REALLY HOT AND I'M BLUSHGIN. HAHA FRICK. I'M SO EXCITED TO ROMANCE TH EM. THOSE SKETCHES ARE TOO GOOD.

Elzee's art has improved a lot since her free sprite pack! *o* Her anatomy has definitely improved and gosh that coloring. And I really love how intricate her clothing design is! I absolutely love the clam with the jewel on Prince Mer's outfit. ALSO PRINCE ZEL'S HAIR IS GORGEOUS. He's gorgeous. Ugh I love how cool and stoic Prince Mer is, HOWEVER PRINCE ZEL IS REALLY PRETTY. The colors are really nice too! Good color choices for them! Prince Mer and Prince Zel are at a tie for me right now hAHA gotta wait for the gown design and Prince White.
OH HI AGAIN TYSM FOR ALWAYS DROPPING BY WITH KIND COMPLIMENTS <33 And I'm glad that you think I've improved. TBH that's probably the best compliment an artist can hope to get ; v ; Actually I often get the urge to delete all my CC sprites (or at least the older ones) but since people are still DL-ing and using them, I'm holding myself back awldhaohdw- ;;
Lesleigh63 wrote:The sprites are gorgeous [although that very pale colouring is giving me a massive headache with trying to keep the backgrounds from overpowering the sprites, but I shall prevail!!!]
Ayyy teamie o/ LMAO I'M SORRY I LIKE WATERCOLOUR-ISH SHADING /weeps/ TY FOR YOUR HARD WORK <3
fuicchi wrote:MER AND ZEL HAMG SOPRECIOUS.
I LOVE ZEL'S FAB HAIR can i touch it.
SURE GO AHEAD JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET YOUR HANDS TANGLED IN THAT MESS OF HAIR. ...UNLESS THAT'S YOUR AIM OF COURSE 8'D

Weenily
Regular

#85 Post by Weenily »

Elze wrote:OH HI AGAIN TYSM FOR ALWAYS DROPPING BY WITH KIND COMPLIMENTS <33 And I'm glad that you think I've improved. TBH that's probably the best compliment an artist can hope to get ; v ; Actually I often get the urge to delete all my CC sprites (or at least the older ones) but since people are still DL-ing and using them, I'm holding myself back awldhaohdw- ;;
No problem!! <3 Ooh omg I feel you on wanting to delete older art ghja it's really nice of you to hold back though! ovob but ayyy if it ever starts bothering you too much i think it'd totally be understandable if you wanted to take them down haha. i think they look pretty good though if that helps!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Kowai
Regular
Tumblr: kowaikowia
Deviantart: kowai-usagi

#86 Post by Kowai »

Mer is my favorite of the boys so far! Although I like Zel's expression!
Also that finished background is as gorgeous as expected. ♥
Keep up the good work! ^o^/

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by try10 »

The backgrounds are so beautiful! :D

Weenily
Regular

#88 Post by Weenily »

!! Congratulations on finishing the basic GUI, it looks lovely! I love the main menu and the textbox has a really cute quick menu! It definitely gives me a fluffy feeling haha. That finished background is just WOW My favorite part is definitely that floor omg <3. Such a pro looking background. Congratulations on finishing the writing for the general route and good luck to both writers! Congrats also on finishing one bgm!! Great 1st week of progress :> also omg late but your team has very lovely chibis! I love alcor's chibi style, it's so cute and omg those expressions are the best! I'd defs like to see chibi CGs in the expansion, yes.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#89 Post by Deji »

This is just so pretty, nggggghhh <3
You're making awesome progress, goo luck during the rest of NaNo! :D
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Harmonywish
Regular

#90 Post by Harmonywish »

Woah! The background is so stunning *w* This project is going to be so amazing! :>>