Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Harmonywish
Regular

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][NEW ART

#106 Post by Harmonywish »

Ah hello! >w< Ah thank you! I might've just over looked that :'D Silly me! I'll be stalking it like crazy! And awww, that dragon is just so... cute and pretty! owoT And ah! I hope that you might get some ideas and be able to write soon :3 Good luck! <3

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#107 Post by RumRat »

Here, a scribble of Charming gallantly carrying Prince Mer in her arms.

I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm doing right now, it's 4 am and I can't sleep and my brain was yelling 'fanart'. :"D

I'm also sorry that this isn't even a proper comment on the vn I need sleep my head is a mess
Tomorrow, yes, I'll comment properly tomorrow.
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

Danko

#108 Post by Danko »

Wow, Elze. This is some superb character art. I wonder, are you open for paid work? After this project, of course. I'd be very grateful if you could provide me with your commission info meanwhile.
Best of luck on the project!

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#109 Post by Windchimes »

@Harmonywish:
Not a problem! Thank you for taking an interest in our Tumblr :"D And thank you for the kind words, hopefully I'll come up with something for the route -sigh-

@ThePirate:
LOL OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH <33333 ahh we're always really really excited to receive fan art, so thank you >< <3 It's amazing ;; Love it. Princess Charming so cool xD

@Danko:

LOL I'll pass the message on to Elzee. Thanks for commenting!

So. Charming's ball gown sprite is up on Tumblr, in case anyone's interested.
Now that the good news is done, time for the sad news: I'm currently having troubles with my computer (someone save me), so I won't be able to make much progress this weekend, and if worst comes to worst I mighhtttt have to wipe my hard drive and reinstall like I had to last year. So. I did have some backups for LiD on GDrive thankfully, but the script is slightly outdated. Though I guess it's fine. I'm considering rewriting the whole route anyway because something just isn't working x_x It doesn't feel like it fits. So yeah.
There should be more art updates coming soon. Keep an eye out for them! :D

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#110 Post by Weenily »

I love all the colors on Princess Charming's dress! Also oh gosh good luck with your computer!! I'm glad you had copies of your script!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by try10 »

I've just seen Charming with the gown and she looks so lovely. The design seems really complicated! :D
One question: Did you change the eye color for Prince Mer?

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16]UPDATE:

#112 Post by Elze »

OMFG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGING WORDS <3 I'm sorry that I take a while to reply as I'm busy with work and NaNoReNo. If I didn't reply to your comment (about character art), chances are I've missed it and if so, I'M SO SORRY. But I trust one of my teamies will answer in my stead! Heads-up to everyone: Zel will be posted on our Tumblr in about.. 9 hours xD I've scheduled a post on Tumblr (since I'll be asleep then) so do keep a lookout for it and let us know what you think!
Averxy wrote:This is looking great guys! I really love all of the art, and the story seems really interesting. I'm excited to play it!!
Hnnng thank you very much <3 I'm glad you like the art so far!
Kokoro Hane wrote:Princess Charming looks so gorgeous! She caught my eye immediately. I think I will persue Prince Mer more likely first; he lost his voice and memories, I want to unlock those secrets! *shot*
AAAaa I'm glad you like her design, since you'll be playing as her after all! :D
ebi-hime wrote:Ooh omg this looks so nice and the art is so pretty o:
I especially love the background art, it's so nice and detailed... But the character designs are adorable, too! I like Charming's twin tails and her little crown especially, that's so moe XD;
Good luck!!!
Thanks for liking my character designs ; v ; And by the way I'm a huge fan of your art aldahdohawd <3
Weenily wrote:FORGET THE PRINCES TBH, I WANT TO DATE THE DRAGON.

Ahhhhh I'm absolutely in love with the sample 2 (Ballroom) music! I've replayed it like 7 times now haHA. Congrats on 100 followers anD THAT FINISHED PRINCE MER. It's a wonder how the water kingdom hasn't evaporated from how hot he is ayyy.
IKR CAEL'S MUSIC IS SO PRETTY LIKE OMG?? WAIT TILL YOU HEAR THE REST OF THE BGMs :D :D :D
THANK YOU <333 omfg don't date the dragon. TBH I was legit freaking out when I had to draw a dragon cos when I signed up as character artist for this game, a dragon wasn't in the list, and I've never drawn one before. I PRETTY MUCH WHIPPED IT OUT LAST MIN AND SPAMMED LUMINOSITY *COUGH*
Danko wrote:Wow, Elze. This is some superb character art. I wonder, are you open for paid work? After this project, of course. I'd be very grateful if you could provide me with your commission info meanwhile.
Best of luck on the project!
Hi hi! o/ Aaaa thank you for liking my art enough to think of commissioning me :'D I actually do have intentions to open commissions after NaNoReNo, but most likely in May. For now I'll just be concentrating on this project, so if you're still interested then, do keep a lookout for my thread in the recruitment section in a couple of months. Thank you for your interest <3
try10 wrote:I've just seen Charming with the gown and she looks so lovely. The design seems really complicated! :D
One question: Did you change the eye color for Prince Mer?
THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 Colouring the gown did take me forever ; v ; LMAO you have REALLY SHARP EYES. Even our writers didn't notice. Yup, I changed his eyes from green to golden green xD

Windchimes
Veteran

#113 Post by Windchimes »

Hey guys! Almost the end of the second week of NaNoRenO. This is probably going to be rather surprising, but I have an important update to announce:

White's route is going through a complete overhaul. We're basically killing his character and replacing it with a different character from a different fairy tale -- the third prince is now going to be Snow from the fairy tale of The Snow Queen (Not Frozen, but the original Hans fairy tale).

His personality will stay somewhat the same (as in still a charming flirt), but his background, reasons...etc. and the entire plot for his route will be undergoing major changes. Basically, that means I'll be rewriting about 95% of the scenes I've written so far. Don't worry though! I originally set a rather loose schedule, and I'm on break at the moment, so I'll be able to catch up on progress in no time.

I assume some of you will probably be curious/confused about this and ask why, so I'll just answer this preemptively. If anyone has been following my replies/comments, you'll know that I've mentioned a few times I've been having trouble with White's route and how things don't seem to click/work out. Since my computer kindly decided to die on me, and I ended up with a backup of an outdated script, Kumiho and I decided it might be a good opportunity for me to try and just start over and rewrite it -- this time with a different fairy tale character in mind. I started yesterday and I've basically finished the route outline and a few scenes already, and things are going really smoothly. Much better than before. The words are just flowing really well without struggling. By adopting the fairy tale of Snow Queen instead, I feel like the plot of the route finally makes sense and is actually much, much easier to work with, and the prince's character got a lot more depth/is more interesting as well.

I'm going to update first post later to reflect these changes. I'm sorry to any fans of the fairy tale of Snow White who will be disappointed by this change ;; (It was my fault; when I was planning the outline pre-March, I didn't realize the route I had in mind for White was good in theory, bad in execution.) I hope you guys will still like the new character.
Last edited by Windchimes on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

selenity136
Regular

#114 Post by selenity136 »

I'm fine with the change really. If it helps you write out scenes, do what you have to do! I'm looking forward to see what your take on Prince Snow. He doesn't sound as big as a womanizer as White though, lol. Probably helps the fact that there isn't a quantifying # of women listed.

At some point, will you be looking back to Snow White as a possible route? You could be looking at royalty being forced to live life as a commoner after indulging sloth activities way too much or be a whiny brat.

Anyway, does that mean that Snow/White will have a new character design?

Windchimes
Veteran

#115 Post by Windchimes »

@selenity136:
Haha, happy to hear you don't mind the change! Prince Snow will be much more (read: very) loosely based on The Snow Queen fairy tale. I learnt my lesson about forcing fairy tale plots/details in even when it doesn't quite fit xD And LOL Snow doesn't sound as much of a player now, I agree. I think the change in fairy tales freed up more room for me to develop his character, so now his character has a lot more depth than originally planned. Hopefully he'll be turn out more likeable as well.

As for a future Snow White route... it depends. We'll certainly keep that in mind for the expansion as one of the possible love interests, but it doesn't look likely. We already have a rough idea of which princes we want to do for the new routes, and I doubt Snow White will make the cut. Besides, I may or may not be too traumatized to tackle him again. I think at one point, I tried to rewrite a scene for White's route for like... 7 times before giving up and admitting it's not working. xD

Uh, funny thing is, somehow of all the three routes, White was actually the last guy planned to be designed/drawn, so all the art (e.g. CGs, chibi CGs...etc.) for his route wasn't even started at all. Lucky for me, since that means I won't affect anyone else in the team with this. So White never originally had a real design. I made up my mind about the change in time before Elzee really started working on him, so there won't really be a -change- of design, per se, but Snow will be designed with his new character/route in mind instead.

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][ZEL ART

#116 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

This looks so good, I'm so jealous. On one hand I wish you could stop so I don't feel jealous but on the other hand I want you guys to NEVER stop and make this the best Fairy tale EVAH. Being jelly is so bad, haha.

But seriously, this is incredibly good, keep it up
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Windchimes
Veteran

#117 Post by Windchimes »

@Hi.In.Ni:
Haha, thank you for the compliment. xD Don't be jealous! Your art looks really nice! I'm sure your game will be really good :D
Thank you again!

Update: Zel's sprite is now up on first post (as well as on Tumblr).
Tomorrow will be time for 2nd week update post, which will go up on Tumblr first before on LSF, in case anyone's interested.
I'll update second post later with more accurate stuff. xD

Thank you for the interest everyone!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#118 Post by try10 »

I really think Mer looks more expressive with green eyes.

greenacedesu

#119 Post by greenacedesu »

Looking forwards playing the game :)
Here is Fan art of Prince Mer and Chibu Princess Charming.
Attachments
PrinceMer_charming.jpg

Windchimes
Veteran

#120 Post by Windchimes »

@try10:
Haha, we left all design choices up to the artists, so I'll let Elzee know what you think about the eyes xD
Thanks for taking the time to tell us your opinion!

@greenacedesu:
OH MY GOD THAT FANART IS SO AWESOME AND GORGEOUS THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D We are so so honored you took the time to draw us fanart ;; It made our day. We had a good laugh over Charming being chibi sized in Mer's hands too xD Seriously, thank you so much <3

Alright! So it's end of second week of NaNoRenO. Here's the weekly update!

2nd Week Update/Progress Report

♔ Prince White (based on Snow White) changed to Prince Snow (based on Snow Queen) [further explained/elaborated here]
♔ Princess Charming’s ballgown sprite done! (Found here)
♔ Prince Mer’s sprite done! (Here)
♔ Prince Zel’s sprite done! (Over here~)
♔ Tower background done! (Tada)
♔ 1st CG completed! (No preview yet because it contains major spoilers since it’s an ending CG)
♔ Lineart for the first 3 CGs are done as well :D
♔ Mer’s route about 30% completed, Snow’s new route about 30% completed as well, while Zel’s route is at around 10%
♔ Two more BGMs done! (One has a sample here)

That's it for today. Will update second post later to reflect the new changes/progress.

Thanks for reading/keeping up with our progress! :D