Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome | Fairy Tale | Comedy][NaNo

#46 Post by Windchimes »

@keelan:
Thank you very much for your comment!
Haha, Rapunzel is actually my favorite fairy tale out of the three as well. xD I personally can't wait till I can start writing his route.
It makes me really happy to hear you say you will probably like White ;; I just started writing his route, and I'm having a blast writing him so far. I really hope you'll enjoy how he turns out, even though he may not be what you expected from just the character description. xD
As for the order of routes, there actually is no recommended way to play the routes. All three are separated entirely except for a short general route at the beginning, so the events do not overlap and the stories are entirely different and standalone. I... actually was supposed to arrange the love interests in alphabetical order of their name, but I accidentally pasted White's description first. LOL I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it.
Thank you for the compliments! :D I passed on the feedback onto my team members. I'm sure they'll be really happy to hear that you liked most of the work done so far.
Thank you again for the kind words and support!

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#47 Post by Weenily »

Windchimes wrote:Yess finally, someone else who shares my love for spoilers ;; Unfortunately, since we haven't really decided on details of the spin-off yet, I don't have many spoilers I can even give. Ask me again after March, and we'll see. xDD
Now I'm excited about the vampire spin-off too ;; -smack self- Need to focus on writing this for now. -lurk back into my dusty writing corner-
does this mean i can ask for spoilers about the main game fgdhff jk Good luck with the writing!! Also on the White preview on tumblr, LOL what a cutie. It's kinda too short for me to form more of an opinion but I do love flattery! Will Princess Charming ever be able to grossly flirt back? I'm sorry I'm thirsty af.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Harmonywish
Regular

#48 Post by Harmonywish »

1. Any thoughts or comments about the story premise so far?
I love it! :> It seems super cute, and I have wanted a game with this concept, I can't wait to play it! *w*
2. Who is your favorite character at the moment?
Charming! It's just that the comment "Charming lived quite a well, charming life" was super funny in my opinion.
3. Which love interest do you think you will pursue first?
White? I don't know, I'll see when I see their sprites >w<~
4. Would you be interested in the future expansion (that will have 2 new routes, as well as a lot more scenes for the current 3 routes)?
Jack and the Bean stalk! No one does that one~ owo. You could make a twist and have Charming chasing giants! :D Hmm, would that fit with her personality? No? Ehhh xD
5. Any other comments or questions?
I LOVE this <333333 YESSSSSSS

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#49 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Background artist here again...

Details are all in for the ballroom background

Last edited by Lesleigh63 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#50 Post by Windchimes »

@Weenily:
I wish I could, I can't ever shut up about LiD and White and it kills me to stop myself from talking too much in these comments because I'm scared I'll give away spoilers LOL
:D Glad you find White cute so far. I'll probably be posting more previews of his script as I keep writing. (And agreed, flattery gets you everywhere, man xD)
LOL I don't think so, in this version at least. Because of time limit for NaNoRenO, we're trying to make the branching simple. We're considering a more complicated branching system and more choices based on personality/reactions...etc. for the final version though, so your dream may come true one day. LOL
As always, thank you for the comment <3

@Harmonywish:
Thank you for commenting! :D
Super happy to hear that you thought my lame joke with the "charming life" part is funny ;; The whole game will probably be littered with silly remarks that I deem funny like that. xD
Haha, we'll keep your suggestion of Jack and the Beanstalk in mind! :D Thank you!

@Lesleigh63:
Even though I've seen this sketch already, it still amazes me every time I see it. xD Thanks for posting updates so I can be lazy and not have to do it myself xD

Weenily
Regular

#51 Post by Weenily »

@Lesleigh63:
That background looks so lovely! The perspective is so good and the amount of detail is just stunning! All those windows, the decorations, and the floor! You've made me swoon over a BG.

@Windchimes:
//PAT// STAY STRONG. Sounds good, I'm excited to see more of White! And ooh, yeah that's a good plan! Someday White... someday I'll be able to flirt with you, make you blush, and call you Prince Red.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#52 Post by MimirollCookie »

That background looks lovely!!

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#53 Post by runeraccoon »

Wow, Elzee! That Charming's sprite looks... charming <3 I love the blue touch, exquisite!
And for the next part plsplspls the prince/love interest(s) sketches? You're awesome kthxbye

Weenily
Regular

#54 Post by Weenily »

Princess Charming is no hero for she has sTOLEN MY HEART. SHE'S SO CUTE. There's so much detail in her sprite and I can't bELIEVE that coloring. She almost looks like a magical girl hAHA, I love the stars sprinkled in her hair. And I love the blue gradient too! Excellent job, Elzee!

I REALLY WANT "A sneak peek (basically coloured sketches) of the romanceable characters" PLEASE. B') I'm so excited.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#55 Post by csky »

I'm really excited to see a visual novel I'm part of getting so much response. Despite it being an otome *cough* which isn't exactly my main area of interest, all of the team members are so much fun to work with an I'm really happy I joined.

@Weenily and @keelan, thank you so much for commenting on my music, it makes me happy to hear your thoughts.

I'll get the others to put more previews up when I create more music, but for now I've suddenly been (demoted? promoted?) to doing some line art and some extra background images before I write more tracks. Which is good news because it means we can push out more CG's and custom backgrounds in march than we originally intended.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#56 Post by Elze »

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY, EVERYONE. I didn't want to appear like I'm spamming so I held back from commenting here till now, when at least some art is up ; v ; THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE KIND RESPONSES, REALLY. I'm just really glad that everyone likes our project and what we have so far <3

We've been regularly updating our Tumblr with WIP sketches, music samples, GUI previews, writing snippets and more. The main character's sprite was also uploaded there about 5h ago? And now we've updated it on our first post as well, so do refer to it if you haven't seen it yet! EDIT: Ehh I'm not sure why but the images on the first post look a bit blurry, so you might want to check the artwork here:
Close-up | Full Body

Also, we posed a question on Tumblr, on whether you guys would be keen to see the main character's Ballroom Gown design (yup she gets 2 outfits), OR a sneak peek of the romanceable characters. So far the latter is winning by a huge margin, so we'll most likely post up sketches of 1 or 2 of the princes on Tumblr tomorrow <3
Shadow Wolfwind wrote: The sprite of the main character is very pretty. I like her pink color scheme most of all.
TY!! I'm glad you like her pink colour scheme because that's what the team voted on, so it's our final choice xD
keelan wrote:Charming's design looks great! I'm with you on the pink colour scheme; it looks gorgeous. I like Yellow's hair better, but I'm down with pink if you are
Aaa tbh before I got the team to vote on the colour palettes, I was just slightly leaning towards yellow too haha. But after tallying the votes, Pink won, and I love pink too so Pink it is! Thank you so much for your kind compliment, I hope the final sprite isn't disappointing ; v ;
fuicchi wrote:Wow, Elzee! That Charming's sprite looks... charming <3 I love the blue touch, exquisite!
And for the next part plsplspls the prince/love interest(s) sketches? You're awesome kthxbye
EEEEE Thank you Fuicchi <333 And yup it seems like everyone chose the second option, so I'll probably upload the princes' horribly messy sketches tomorrow :'D
Weenily wrote:Princess Charming is no hero for she has sTOLEN MY HEART. SHE'S SO CUTE. There's so much detail in her sprite and I can't bELIEVE that coloring. She almost looks like a magical girl hAHA, I love the stars sprinkled in her hair. And I love the blue gradient too! Excellent job, Elzee!

I REALLY WANT "A sneak peek (basically coloured sketches) of the romanceable characters" PLEASE. B') I'm so excited.
OMG HI THERE. SORRY FOR THE BELATED REPLY. Thanks for all your super awesome comments on our thread. It really encourages us to keep up with progress for the game. Also that fan art. I DIED, SERIOUS. SO MUCH SPARKLE AND SO BEAUTIFUL <3 I'm glad you like Charming's sprite hnng. And yup that's another vote for the princes' sketches xD

Weenily
Regular

#57 Post by Weenily »

@csky:
No prob! It was just a short sample but it already sounded so good! I look forward to hearing more of your music and being able to listen to the longer versions haha. Good luck doing lineart and BGs in the meantime!!

@Elzee:
HOWDY. Oh gosh you're welcome! ;v; I'm real happy to hear that! LMAO THANK YOU i just love them ✧・゚: *✧shoujo sparkles✧・゚: *✧. LAUGHS I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE BALL GOWN AS WELL BUT LIKE, THE PRINCES MAN. I GOTTA SEE THEIR ROMANCEABLE FACES and see how vain i really am

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][MC ART

#58 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Man that art is like so good I love it and Elzee :)I'm interested in how the men will look and how the story will progress and in pursuing distressed princes. Love the unique twist and am looking forward to this!
ImageImage

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#59 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Amazing art. Reversed roles. Fairy tales. Super interestign concept.
Where do I sign. Where do I play. What you mean it's not out yet. Why you do this to me.

Guys this looks amazing, I can't wait.
Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
And I mean it. I would love to help you guys if you need any kind of feedback
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Harmonywish
Regular

#60 Post by Harmonywish »

Oh wow! I love Charming's coloring! :D So pretty! Oo, I want to draw fan art so badly, can I? >w< And thank you for keeping my idea in mind :>