Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][MC ART

#61 Post by MimirollCookie »

I love Charming's coloring!!!
She looks so cute in pink!!!! Rooting for you guys!!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#62 Post by Windchimes »

Oh wow, thank you for all the comments guys! :D

@Weenily:
LOL PRINCE RED GG Okay I'll try my best to put in some flirtatious choices in the final version LOLOL

@LadyOfGatsby:
Thank you for the comment! I'll pass on the compliment to Elzee, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear that. We're glad that you're interested in our story idea ^^

@Hi.In.Ni:
LOL Thank you so much <3 Your enthusiasm makes me really happy ;;
Also, thank you for the offer to help! We really really appreciate it <3 We probably won't need extra help atm for March, because of limited time, and there are intended plot "holes" and untied loose ends for the NaNo version since we plan to answer those questions in the final version, but we will keep your offer in mind and we might take you up on that offer in later down the road if you're still interested!

@Harmonywish:
Oh man, we would be so honored if you take the time to draw us some fanart ;; So yes, it's absolutely okay with us. It's always amazinggg to see fanart >< Gets us so excited and hyped to finish this project haha. We would absolutely love any fanart you draw! :D
Thank you so much for the continued interest in our project! <3

@MimirollCookie:
Thank you! :D Super glad everyone seems to like the pink color scheme as much as we did. xD

Thank you for all the encouragement, guys! We're so happy to see all the interest in this project. We'll do our best to finish this on time for NaNo! ;;
Since it's weekends, there will be even more art updates tomorrow, as well as a big weekly update sorta the day after. Stay tuned (on our Tumblr or here) for more updates <3

officeryou
Regular
Projects: Alpha's Adventures
Organization: Onee-sama Productions

#63 Post by officeryou »

Ah, this is one of the projects I'm the most hyped to see put out! I love the theme and the protagonists design.

yoshibb
Veteran

#64 Post by yoshibb »

That background detail is so amazing and beautiful. And the sprite of Charming is so cute, I really want to see what the princes will look like!

Harmonywish
Regular

#65 Post by Harmonywish »

Thank you for allowing me the permission! Charming is such a pretty character! Here's a quick doodle of Charming, I hope I didn't ruin her too much :'D If you'd like her colored, let me see if I have the time... Image

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by try10 »

So much pink in Charming's sprite! :shock: I didn't expect this. I thought she was going to be blonde with hazel or blue eyes. Maybe because pink is a color that I avoid and dislike I don't find the coloring that appealing. I'm curious about the other sprites ( please no more pink :oops: ).

Windchimes
Veteran

#67 Post by Windchimes »

@officeryou:
Thank you! :D We're very glad to hear you are interested in the project so far. Hopefully we won't disappoint with the final product!

@yoshibb:
Thank you for your comment! <3 We are very lucky to have talented artists working with us for this project haha.
I have to check with Elzee, but I believed sneak peeks (colored sketches) of one or two princes will be posted on Tumblr some time today. So if you're curious, keep an eye out for the update!

@Harmonywish:
AHHH THANK YOU FOR THE FANART <3 She looks great! :D We all feel really really honored that you took the time to draw fanart of Charming >< We're really happy you like Charming so much haha.
As for whether you color it or not, it's entirely up to you! <3 We really appreciate your support omg.

@try10:
Thanks for the comment! We're sorry you're not a fan of Charming's pink color scheme xD Most of the team voted pink because we are going for a reversing of expectations thing in this game, so we wanted to have a deliberately feminine, otome-ish and pink sprite for the main character, then have her do Charming-y things in the game and save distressed lads like a heroine. So the pinkness was deliberately chosen for the overall theme of our game. We totally get that different people have different tastes in styles and colors though, so thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on the sprite!
As for the princes, there won't be any pink because each character has its own color theme, and colored sketches (of one or two princes) will be up sometime today on Tumblr or on here, I believe. So if you're interested, check it out when it's posted! :D

Thank you again everyone for all the feedback and comments <3 As mentioned before, more art updates today, so keep posted!

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#68 Post by infel »

Wow this is a nice story =D. I love how you mixed popular fairy tails with your own ideas, like Prince White and having a different lady for a certain day of the week XD.

As for your questions:

1- Like I said, love the story. It's been a while since I've played a visual novel, but I'll pick this one up for sure =D.

2- I like all of them a lot, but I think I like Prince Zel the most. His story is the most mysterious and I admit Rapunzel is one of my favorite fairy tales. The other character are interesting to and I think I'll like Charming =D.

3-Prince Zel =D.

4-I would actually. I'd love it if you could get The Frog Princess or Cinderella. I think though the Frog Princess might be a bit easier to do. And if you put a price and I liked the NanO version, I'd buy it =). I'm all for supporting others.

5-Just good luck with your game and I'm excited to play =). I really do love Fairy Tale stories.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by MimirollCookie »

Can I make a fan art of Charming?? :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:

Windchimes
Veteran

#70 Post by Windchimes »

@infel:
Thank you very much for your comment! :D We're very happy to hear that you like our project so far. I'm especially glad that you enjoyed that bit about White and his seven lovers xD Was hoping everyone would find it as humorous as we did.
We will keep the suggestions of Frog Princess in mind! (As for Cinderella, we have one potentially planned love interest that is of another character of Cinderella, though not Cinderella herself, so hopefully you'll like that too! ;;
Thank you again :D

@MimirollCookie:

Yesss omg we would be so honored and happy to see any fanart you make ;; Thank you so much for liking our project enough to want to do fanart. >< We would love to see your fanart if you do take the time to draw some!
Thank you again :D <3

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by MimirollCookie »

sketch-1457236962445.jpg
Hope you like it :) (I didn't draw a crown because it's hard)
Drawing Charming is so much fun! (Especially shading her :))

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#72 Post by Kumiho »

@MimirollCookie Oh my goshhhhh she's too cute!! *u* Thanks so much for the fanart omg <33

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by MimirollCookie »

Glad you like it ^^

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#74 Post by Elze »

Omfgosh the Fan arts are adorable. THANK YOU SO MUCH ; v ;

Sketches of 2 of the princes are now up on our Tumblr. I'll be posting a WIP of Charming's Gown version next, probably in a couple of days. Complete sprites of at least one of the princes will be up next weekend.

Once again, thanks so much for all the kind compliments! I hope I won't disappoint anyone with the sprites to come <3

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#75 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Elze wrote:Omfgosh the Fan arts are adorable. THANK YOU SO MUCH ; v ;

Sketches of 2 of the princes are now up on our Tumblr. I'll be posting a WIP of Charming's Gown version next, probably in a couple of days. Complete sprites of at least one of the princes will be up next weekend.

Once again, thanks so much for all the kind compliments! I hope I won't disappoint anyone with the sprites to come <3
I'm so excited to the see princes ^ ^ Yay! Omg they're both so beautiful and handsome!
ImageImage