misSHAPEn love! [GxShapes?] [NaNo '16] - COMPLETED

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Doodled
Tumblr: doodledmcfroodled

Re: misSHAPEn love! ["Otome"? | GxShapes] [Comedy] [NaNo '16

#31 Post by Doodled »

This sounds like the greatest idea ever conceived. I'm watching this one closely for sure.

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#32 Post by Alcor »

I probably won't be posting updates here every day (I have a tumblr for that purpose ;) ) but I am trying to respond individually to every comment here. This is what I was working on today:

So I think I can say that the first CG is successfully completed! <3
nickynoton wrote:...
Haha, thank you for your input (and your punderful comment~)!
Didules wrote:...
Thanks so much for dropping by! There are indeed so many awesome projects this year, and I wish I could comment on them all without seeming like a spammer :'D

Thank you so much for your comment, and I'm looking forward to your project as well :P
Doodled wrote:...
Thank you for your high praise! I hope I don't let you down~

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#33 Post by KiloTango »

I love the inks on that CG! Big bold black shadows don't get done enough in anime influenced things. The hair is especially good.

- How do you feel about the premise of this story?
Very silly, but could be very fun. I enjoy parodies.

- Given the minimal information provided, which "romanceable" seems most interesting to you, and why?
Square. I'm not one for Tsunderes or super flirts. Also the Square is a pun even in their name so extra points.

- What are your feelings about otome games in general? What about blatantly ridiculous "otome" games?
I'm not a big Otome player, but I LOVE Hatoful Boyfriend. That said the reason I love that isn't because "Lol you're dating pigeons", even though that was what made me pay attention: It's that Hato took a completely stupid concept but then wrote it really really well, turned all your expectations on their heads and made you genuinely care what happens to the characters. Deeply silly dating games can be fun but for me to fall in love with them there's gotta be something strong in the core of it. :)

- What are your feelings about terrible puns? (Would you like to see characters punished for their bad jok--okay, I'll see myself out.)
Well your thread is shaping up pretty well as far as I can see. Of course now I'm wondering if there's gonna be any love triangles...
ImageImageImage

Alcor
Veteran

#34 Post by Alcor »

Finished up basic GUI for Lads in Distress today, and started on the GUI for misSHAPEn!

I modified the main menu...

and tested the CG with the new textbox~
KiloTango wrote:...
Thank you so much for commenting! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy this style; it is something I'm experimenting with and having a lot of fun with.

I'm definitely debating whether to include love triangle(s), haha... just so I can turn it into a wrecktangle. :P

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#35 Post by Weenily »

I really like the way you draw hair! Your inking is really clean. Also gosh the GUI is very fitting for the theme of the game! Good job on it!!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Harmonywish
Regular

#36 Post by Harmonywish »

I found this by BL4NK x RE4DER and I love it just as much as that one! :'D It's so funny, and pff, I can't stop laughing xD I love the idea, and puns and the triangle killed me. :'D

I LOVE it XD
- Given the minimal information provided, which "romanceable" seems most interesting to you, and why?
Triangle, I love tsuderes and I don't know why but the "trying" comment got me laughing so hard
- What are your feelings about otome games in general? What about blatantly ridiculous "otome" games?
I love them! Huge fans of them! :)
- What are your feelings about terrible puns? (Would you like to see characters punished for their bad jok--okay, I'll see myself out.)
I love them as well, terrible puns are the best ones~

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#37 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Weenily's pic of the girl kissing the square had me giggling.

I love your CG art Alcor. It's beautiful.

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#38 Post by Weenily »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Weenily's pic of the girl kissing the square had me giggling.
Wh-what? But it's supposed to make your heart race! Just kidding! I'm glad my doodle made you giggle! c:
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Alcor
Veteran

#39 Post by Alcor »

Weenily wrote:...
Thank you so much for all your support (on both this project and Lads in Distress), honestly! I'm glad you're enjoying the GUI <3
Harmonywish wrote:...
Hello, it's great to hear from you again! Thank you for all of your support, and I'm really happy you like the premise of this silly little VN too.
Lesleigh63 wrote:...
Thanks so much, Lesleigh! (also I'm really happy to be working on Lads in Distress with you :D)

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#40 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

The fact that you describe the routes as shapes is killing me, hahaha. No wait, for real? NOT GUYS BUT SHAPES? WHAT?! T...that's definetly innovative alright.... Wow!

I'd like to comment on the art and GUI. I feel like you are over usign your blacks. The lineart and shading would look better if they were colored or made a low saturation brown instead.
As for the GUI, might I suggest using grey for backgrounds and non-interactuables, non-saturated blu for interactuables and also contour everything that's over posed with a white outline? That would make it way more appealing to the eyes, user friendly and intuitive!

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Alcor
Veteran

#41 Post by Alcor »

I have finished the full GUI for this project and am currently working on more CGs. (Please see the first post for the GUI screeshots!) I intend to being the writing in a little bit. :D
Hi.In.Ni wrote:...
Hello! Thank you for your input, but the use of bold blacks is a conscious stylistic choice. (If you look at my other work, you will see that this is not how I usually color.) Your suggestion for GUI being more intuitive is definitely justified, but I don't think it would work as well for this project.

Congratulations on your degree! I'm not looking for help at the moment, but thank you for the offer.

Pick_One
Regular

#42 Post by Pick_One »

It's a cute idea and I enjoy personification of pretty much anything. If it's personification of something, very likely I will check it out. lol. There are endless possibilities and I welcome any cute/funny/interesting ones.

I like that the protagonist is a star. I really like the personality and quotes given to the shapes. This seems fun and I'm curious about how the story will be told.

And as for your questions..........

Sounds like a silly fun time to me. :)

I think I will have to go with Circle because its quote just invoked the song, 'You Spin Me Round' in my head, and that's always a good time. lol. Also, sometimes flirty characters could be fun.

I like them and sometimes I would go search for any new ones, even ones that I can't play, I'll still be curious and check out a review or some information about it. Sometimes I might feel otome games are lacking interesting stories that aren't gimmicky or there aren't any interesting different characters that have depth to them. Sometimes they aren't relatable and believable. But they don't always have to be, sometimes if it's just fun to play, then I won't mind it being unbelievable and such. The blatantly ridiculous ones can be awfully fun and it's great to laugh or be giggly at them. ^^

They are what draw me into this game. ;)

Seriously, I love them. Maybe they can be overdone or run its course but most likely I'll be happy to see them. :)

Bring on the punny times! :D

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#43 Post by Sayumi101 »

Felt very sketchy today... Like draw sketchy, not weird sketchy XD
Uhm...So... I'll just leave this here....
*drops fanart and runs away*
ImageImageImage

Alcor
Veteran

#44 Post by Alcor »

Pick_One wrote:...
Thank you so much for your input! I'm happy that this little game was able to catch your attention, haha, and I hope I don't disappoint!
Sayumi101 wrote:...
OH MY GOD THAT IS SO CUTE, YOUR ART STYLE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE <3 <3 <3

I'm so so honored that you took the time to draw Mia and her love interests! It's been kind of a rough day thus far, but that cheered me up--thanks for making my day!

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#45 Post by infel »

1- I like square because he's blue and the serious type XD.

2- I like otome games a lot though BxB seems to be my most fav at the moment. As long as the characters have personality and the idea interests me I'll play. I still do love otome games since they got me into visual novels. And sure, I'd love to play ridiculous "otome" games. I'm open for that =D.

3- I love terrible puns XD.

Anyway good luck with this. This is definitely something new and funny =). I'm going to play it once you get it out.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512