Catching the Fox [NaNoRenO16] [NEW! Battle Preview GIF]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Catching the Fox [NaNoRenO16] [Office RomCom] [GxB]

#16 Post by Weenily »

pyopyon wrote:@Weenily - Their verbal battles are really fun to write. If CtF's offices were a family, they have something akin to a sibling rivalry with Solomon as the amused parental figure. I think it's good for replaying too, that you can kinda be like, "Hey Joel take this phone call for me" LOL (or hand it off to a faceless employee :'^D Actually, Joel is the second tallest in the cast! He's got this gentle giant thing going, and part of Milo's bullying is probably height insecurity related since Milo is just barely taller than Simone. Haha. Milo's last name is Matthews, but it was Philips for a while. I'm not a fan of Philips so it was changed... yesterday. But I just realized the relationship chart needs to be updated. Oops.
OH NOOO HOW CUTE. I always adore family-like relationships! I'm getting swayed to Milo's side rn. What would that make Joel in that family scenario? Mom? Dog? Bullied baby bro? OMG JOEL TAKE THIS CALL FOR ME- back on Joel's side gfshsg. I love your humor! And whoa! Joel's second tallest? I UNDERSTAND YOUR REASONS, MILO. I feel you so hard, my guy.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Eevee.avg

#17 Post by Eevee.avg »

1. What do you think of the concept?
Seems nice!

2. Which love interest appeals most to you (either in appearance or personality)?
Honestly... personality-wise i kind of cant pick one... i like them all, i think i ill have to too more of them to have a favorite
but in appearance, id say Milo!

3. Which character do you think will be your favorite?
-

4. Would you be interested in a longer version of the game featuring the Art department of the magazine?
I guess it depends on how much i like this version, but since im interested already ill say yes!

5. Any points of critique or criticism?
Not really but id like to say that stat raising usually gets really tedious for me, im looking forward to see what you can do to make it fun!

Good luck!

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#18 Post by pyopyon »

First post has been updated with the relationship chart correction of Milo's last name.
Second post has been updated as far as our progress.

__

@MimirollCookie - Thank you! (^: Hopefully it's a stat-raiser that everyone can enjoy!

@Weenily - *cackles* As you should be... Actually, we debated about this, and while all of Simone's potential relationships are fun, we all agree that Solomon/Simone is the healthiest, to say the least. XD In that family scenario, Joel... is probably the favored youngest son (by the dad), who is bullied by his older brother (Milo) and over-protected by his older sister (Simone). But only very loosely, since Milo isn't nice enough to be a brother (not that everyone has nice older brothers but... you know.) Joel is the second tallest! He grew up on a farm from a family of rancheros so honestly, he's not cut out for the fashion world... but he loves journalism and the stories people tell. He's really a nice person, which means he has no business working for 5/7 Publishing. Haha. (And same. I'm like... way shorter than everyone in this cast.)

@Eevee.avg -- Thank you! I'm glad you like them all! ^^ I wanted to make a varied cast (in personality) so I'm glad they're different enough for you to see something likable in all of them. I hope we meet you standards. Ahhh, you know, I really agree with you. I generally can't stand to play stat-raisers, so... I am also looking forward to my own writing. LOOOLLL. Thank you!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Weenily
Regular

#19 Post by Weenily »

pyopyon wrote:@Weenily - *cackles* As you should be... Actually, we debated about this, and while all of Simone's potential relationships are fun, we all agree that Solomon/Simone is the healthiest, to say the least. XD In that family scenario, Joel... is probably the favored youngest son (by the dad), who is bullied by his older brother (Milo) and over-protected by his older sister (Simone). But only very loosely, since Milo isn't nice enough to be a brother (not that everyone has nice older brothers but... you know.) Joel is the second tallest! He grew up on a farm from a family of rancheros so honestly, he's not cut out for the fashion world... but he loves journalism and the stories people tell. He's really a nice person, which means he has no business working for 5/7 Publishing. Haha. (And same. I'm like... way shorter than everyone in this cast.)
Aww that's cute! Haha I can see how they'd compliment each other more than Milo/Simone or Simone/Joel would. LOL Milo you jerk. Ruining the family scenario! Is Milo a single child in canon? Awww Joel is too sweet :'). Precious farmboy. It's okay, he can eventually learn fashion, he already has fabulous hair!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#20 Post by clua »

I really like the character art, it's both cute and stylish. Good luck with your project!!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

pyopyon
Veteran

#21 Post by pyopyon »

@Weenily - That said, Simone x Solomon isn't canon. Since Simone is primarily the pursuer, it's still up to her to make the decision. Simone x Anyone Else is just a valid, but just in terms of personality Solomon is the most normal relationship XD. Simone and Milo are the same person and Joel has a little hero worship thing going on because she seems like The Older Woman to him. Haha. But they're all really cute relationships! Milo isn't an only child, though. He has two sisters. (^: He is significantly younger than his older sister (twelve years) and his younger sister is five years younger than him. He's nice to them, and is the type to complain while doing everything his younger sister asks him to. His older sister is married and lives back in India, while the rest of his family is still in the UK. Simone is nothing like his actual sisters, though. Joel is super precious! He went to school for journalism, not fashion, but his uncle works at this company (in upper management) so he has a position there. It's only entry level but at least he can't get fired. Haha.

@clua - Thank you! The chibis were actually drawn by our resident colorist, Inky! The designs and their outfits are a collaboration between myself and the sprite artist Jen. You made me realize, though, that it might be confusing so I added some concept art drawn by the sprite artist. Thanks for your well wishes!
Last edited by pyopyon on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#22 Post by MimirollCookie »

1. What do you think of the concept?
-The concept looks cute and wonderful at the same time! (cunderful? XD)
2. Which love interest appeals most to you (either in appearance or personality)?
-Solomon Fox. I like both his appearance and personality.
-Tina Luong! (DON'T JUDGE ME, SHE'S CUTE)
4. Would you be interested in a longer version of the game featuring the Art department of the magazine?
-Anything! ^^
-Nope!
6. Any questions?
-Nope!

Comment:
Really love your concept! Good luck with NaNo!
P.S The art looks FAB!

Weenily
Regular

#23 Post by Weenily »

@pyopyon:
That's nice to know! It always kinda irks me when one route is more canon than another in romance games huhu. The more I learn about all the characters the more I want to do all their routes!! I really love the amount of detail you've put into them. *v* GOSH MILO BEING A GOOD BROTHER IS REALLY CUTE... and ooh! ALSO wow!! The sprite WIPs look really good, Milo is so cute whoa!!! I love his hair omg he's so attractive ///. Solomon has really nice cheekbones and those lipsss and awww Joel looks so pinchable!

pyopyon
Veteran

#24 Post by pyopyon »

More official updates on post two.
______

MimirollCookie -- Cunderful, looooll. Thank you! Yayyy, Team Solomon for the win! Don't worry, I won't judge you! Trina is a really great character and one of my favorites too! Her personality is funny and you get to talk to her quite a lot. Trina is a very important character to the game! Thanks for your interest and compliments! Same to you!

@Weenily - Same, tbh. But then, I also don't like stat raiser that much and here I am.......... Haha. But it's made very clear in the game what each bachelor brings to the table as far as Simone's concerned. Mainly because Simone says it herself. LOOOLLLL Simone's something of a... determined character. She definitely just says whatever she wants to say... Thanks!! I'm glad! I really like CtF's cast, so I care about the characters (way too much) Even now, I'm excited about the NaNo expansion guys because they're also fun to write about. LOOLLL MILO BEING A GOOD BROTHER IS maybe HIS ONLY REDEEMING QUALITY. Thanks! Actually Milo's expressions were finished today, and the faces he makes are really funny. I'm glad you like their faces too! Haha. Thanks ; w ;
Image ImageImage

Thirteen
Regular
Completed: A Walk in the Woods
Projects: Unamed Game
Tumblr: houseflesh

#25 Post by Thirteen »

1. What do you think of the concept as a slice-of-life game in a business setting with adult characters?
perfection. Blessed be office romances.

Joel is my baby and I love him, but I dunno man. Trina is super great and I love her character. (even tho she's taken ); )

JOEL IS MY FAVORITE.

As long as I don't have to make new GUI ;p (No, but yes to NaNo+)

Everything is too good.

6. Any questions?
When will the GUI stop destroying me lmao

hehehehehe I thought I'd comment on our post Owl ;p

pyopyon
Veteran

#26 Post by pyopyon »

Before I get to responding to you, House (commenting on our thread is illegal btw!! LOL) I would like to apologize for our slow updates as far as the thread is concerned! While the second post is updated daily, visual proof is lacking and let me tell you...... this office has some handsome folks.

I'll be updating some pictures of our art today. Please anticipate it! UwU b
Image ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#27 Post by Zelan »

*casually reads updates*

"First battle script, in progress"

excuse me WHAT

BATTLES

Did I miss something? I thought this was an office, not the Kalos region. cx

Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

#28 Post by Marionette »

Zelan wrote:*casually reads updates*

excuse me WHAT

BATTLES

Don't you know?

BUSINESS IS WAR!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#29 Post by Zelan »

Marionette wrote:
Zelan wrote:*casually reads updates*

excuse me WHAT

BATTLES

Don't you know?

BUSINESS IS WAR!
Image Like this?

pyopyon
Veteran

#30 Post by pyopyon »

Updated some new art in the top post! It's Solomon/Milo/Joel/Trina in their in-game forms.

Haven't decided yet whether to include their wedding outfits.

@Thirteen - LOLLL I'M GLAD YOU THINK SO. Well, if you were a terrible plotter like Simone, you could probably plot to break them up, but... I've heard Scots can be aggressive. ;^^))))^))^)) JOEL IS ADORABLE, I'm glad you like him so much! Welllll........... >_>;;;;; Nah, I'm kidding LOL No new GUI, worry not! ^^ I look forward to having you! TOO GOOD, HA. Okay. :B When the writing stops destroying me it's finished and dead tbqh. Sorry :'^) Thanks for commenting! It's nice to hear your opinion too. :U

@Marionette - *whispers hi*

@Zelan - Well, sometimes in business u gotta fight for ur life. Haha. Fashion journalism is a rough world, Zelan... a rough world........ No, but the battle system.... it USED to be actually fighting things (like deadlines and paperwork LOL) but I revamped the battle system and didn't have a new name for it. So technically, you're not really fighting anything, but there is something like it where it's Simone vs. Someone else and she can win or lose.
Image ImageImage