The Bloodstone [Dutch Folklore|GxB|Friendship] [NaNo16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

The Bloodstone [Dutch Folklore|GxB|Friendship] [NaNo16]

#1 Post by Amy_oai »

Synopsis
A woman decides to finally explore her town’s forest and gets horribly lost.
While walking around for any sign of an exit, she trips and spills blood on the ‘Blood Stone’ a.k.a. 'Sacrificial Stone’.

Her blood magically unlocks the Blood Stone’s inner prison for demons. Suddenly seeing all kinds of fairy-tale creatures appear from the stone makes her panic and run.
She finally finds an exit to the forest, but whilst escaping, she causes a car crash.
This event leads her to trust the demons to help her out.

“The Oracle”, self-proclaimed “Guardian of the Balance”, soon finds her and orders her to hunt down the demons and put them back in their prison.
The time limit is about a month; until the next full moon.

TL;DR
The perfect thing to do this holiday! This small town in the Netherlands lets you hunt honest-to-God Demons! *Blood sacrifice necessary
What do you think you're doing?
....No..No..! NO!!!
I SAID HUNT, NOT BEFRIEND AND FALL IN LOVE!!!

Characters
'Simone'
(or whatever you choose to name her)
The MC of the story and an elementary school teacher.
She moved to the town a few months ago when a job opening presented itself halfway the school year, so she's not that familiar with the town yet.
She was enjoying her summer vacation right until the moment she broke the demon prison's lock.

'Red'
Romanceable.
Based on "Oude Rode Ogen" (Old Red Eyes).
He possesses the body from the car crash victim, and feels like he owes the MC for finally having a solid form after decades of being a spirit.

'Valentine'
Romanceable.
Member of the Fae folk.
Likes to make mischief (as Fae folk often do), but isn't keen on the idea of some demons being able to roam free.

'The Oracle'
One of the 'Guardians of the Magical Balance' and caretaker of various magical sites through the world.
A bit of a brat, but means well.
Tasks the MC to catch as many demons as possible before the next full moon while she is away for 'more pressing matters'.

The characters will be updated somewhere this week with sprites and more info.

Notes

This will be my first time joining NanoReno and basically my first time trying to actually finish a game, I suppose.
I'm riding this thing solo while also supporting other teams with video editing/CG animating.
This project has the least priority, though I do intend to finish it (the story is all planned out, just need to write it), albeit not as polished as it could be.

----------
Thanks so much for taking the time to read all that, and if you have the time, please let me hear what you think of it so far <3
Last edited by Amy_oai on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

Re: The Bloodstone [Dutch Folklore|GxB|Friendship] [NaNo16]

#2 Post by Miyuu »

This looks like a promising and inteesting story. Also, the folklore drives me here. xD I'm interested in the story, will be keeping my eyes peeled for updates. I'm quite curious though on why she would trust demons. But I guess I'll have to play the game in the future to know that.

Good luck with NaNo! :)

yoshibb
Veteran

#3 Post by yoshibb »

This is a cool premise. I love the folklore subject matter, but I also like the motivation for Simone isn't simply hunting Demons just because. I'm excited to learn more about the characters.

Drewz
Regular

#4 Post by Drewz »

This looks really interesting; I'll probably play it and date all three of them lol (I mean, I'll replay it to date them all) because I couldn't decide whom I liked best while reading the characters' descriptions x)
What do you think you're doing?
....No..No..! NO!!!
I SAID HUNT, NOT BEFRIEND AND FALL IN LOVE!!! "
You got to chuckle right there; I really hope I'll be able to play this; good luck with Nanoreno :D

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#5 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh, I love the sound of this, the story seems really different! :D Can't wait to see and read more about it.

Good luck with it all!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#6 Post by MimirollCookie »

Good luck with your project!

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#7 Post by Amy_oai »

I got sick right on the second day of Nano, but I'm back again and with a sprite sketch :)
1 out of 10 (planned) chapters is written and coded already, and the 2nd chapter is almost done, so I'm doing fairly okay, I think?

Thank you guys so much for your support! I'm glad the folklore part is well received, since I'm a sucker for folklore xD
Image Image Image Image