The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] Released!!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: The Lady's Choice- NaNo2016 [Romance][Regency][GxB]

#31 Post by Weenily »

ARABELLA IS SO PRETTY I'm in love with her freckles and her smile oh my god??? Lord Isaac Stanton, I want you even more now. The third expression is my absolute favorite! His hair really is fabulous he could star in a shampoo commercial.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Pick_One
Regular

#32 Post by Pick_One »

Yay, scandal, gossip, and mismatches in the good old Regency times! ;) This sounds like fun. I saw this a few days ago but I didn't have the time to make a decent response. Well, right now I don't have that much time either. lol. But I want to say something. Anyways, I'm interested with how Sophia will deal with and feel about being back in the upper classes. Hmm... Isaac sounds like he might be fun to interact with. Curious with what Lord Laurence Amesbury wants. Captain Guy Blake seems appealing in a somber way. And yay, a helpful friend! I think the art is drawn nicely and each love interests have like an unique face which is great. Same goes for their clothing. I have to say that I like the emotions express by Isaac. :lol:

To me, I think for easier readability, it's probably better to not use all cursive font for the GUI in the option section.(Also, I think it looks better to use cursive fonts sparely or reserve for specific things.) Adding to easier readability, I think it's better to not have the same font size and I think maybe the gold-ish/yellow brown-ish color could be kinda hard to see for some people? But if no one else feels the same way or think it's fine, then I guess disregard everything I just said about the GUI. ^^; Hmm... regarding the readability for the text within the textbox/dialogue box, maybe you can lower the opacity of the textbox's background ? Or like have it gradually become lighter in opacity towards the middle of the textbox, where most of the text will appear? There's a couple of ways you can do this. Personally, it isn't difficult for me to read the text, but I have notice at times that I might feel that way yet there are other people who would think otherwise. And this might help when it comes to reading the text for a long period of time?

Okay, I guess I will answer the questions, rehashing a little from what I just said above. ^^;

- Do you think this would be something you'd be interested in?
Yea, I think the story and setting sounds like fun. I like historical romance.

- Which love interest is your favourite?
Hmm... kinda hard to choose right now, but from what I seen so far, I guess Isacc. I don't know, but I think the interactions and conversations with him will be pretty fun or entertaining. And I guess I will add that I like his emotions displayed so far. lol.

- Do you like the art style?
The drawing is nice and everyone got like an unique appearance. Also, Lady Thomasina actually looks like an old lady, which is great. lol.

- Is there anything you'd like to see, or hope for from this?
Hmm... I guess maybe lots of scandals, secrets, and intrigue? So I can go like, "oh shit, things are going to go down." :lol: Then we get to see some kind of form of butt kicking by Sophia. :)

Last thing, yay for bad endings!

Anyways got to go now, but I can't wait to see more :D Good luck!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#33 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Oooh, this is looking interesting.

Yes.

I can't decide.

Yes. I think it's lovely.

Intrigue and fun.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#34 Post by Harliqueen »

Weenily wrote:ARABELLA IS SO PRETTY I'm in love with her freckles and her smile oh my god??? Lord Isaac Stanton, I want you even more now. The third expression is my absolute favorite! His hair really is fabulous he could star in a shampoo commercial.
I'm so glad you like her! I really wanted her to be so sort of soft looking, but with a bit of spice :D But yeah, Stanton has got some rather glorious hair...
Pick_One wrote:...
Thank you so much for the GUI advice! It's a bit late for this one now, as I don't have anymore time to dedicate to it, but it's definitely tips I will take on board for future GUIs that I do :)

I'm really glad you like the unique appearances of the characters. I always try really hard to make all my character really individual in appearnace and personality!
Lesleigh63 wrote:Oooh, this is looking interesting.

Yes.

I can't decide.

Yes. I think it's lovely.

Intrigue and fun.
I think intrigue and fun are the things I'm really aiming for, so hopefully it will work out as you want! :D

--

Thank you so much for the comments, and I'm so sorry for the later replies! Been so busy trying to get the sprites all done!

Update time!

Been working hard on sprites and- apart from the MC who I will do on Monday- I have finished them all!!!!! Yay! :D

The other love interests:

Duke Creep von Creepster :D :

And a couple of misc sprites- who aren't a family even though I posed them that way apparently:

--

I managed to detail out more of Blake's route this week as well, and I'm pretty excited for it!

But the main task on Monday is the MC's sprite, and then onto the backgrounds (which will be very simplistic to save on precious time!).

Man, this is turning out bigger than it should be for a NaNo project, but I really think it's gonna pay off in the end :)

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#35 Post by Ghost of Crux »

BLAAAAKKKEEE
I've been writing too much fanfic and sometimes I kinda expect Blake to spout of William Blake poems, dangit fanfics
I hope you'll get to finish his part during the month! I also agree with another post above, by the way-- perhaps look for a font that is delicate but not a cursive?
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Pick_One
Regular

#36 Post by Pick_One »

Blake has a pretty nice smiling face. :) I like Amesbury's outfit and his hair. I like the faces that Walter makes. I'm actually sort of looking forward to seeing Duke Creep von Creepster when you talk about him like that. muahahaha... Poor Sophia :lol: I'm guessing the
old guy would be mostly/only in Stanton's route?
Those misc sprites look very nice. :)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#37 Post by Harliqueen »

Ghost of Crux wrote:BLAAAAKKKEEE
I've been writing too much fanfic and sometimes I kinda expect Blake to spout of William Blake poems, dangit fanfics
I hope you'll get to finish his part during the month! I also agree with another post above, by the way-- perhaps look for a font that is delicate but not a cursive?
Blake isn't exactly the type for poetry, not that he wouldn't give it a good go :D He always puts his heart and soul into whatever he does!
(So sorry for the late reply! Didn't know there'd been a post!)
Pick_One wrote:Blake has a pretty nice smiling face. :) I like Amesbury's outfit and his hair. I like the faces that Walter makes. I'm actually sort of looking forward to seeing Duke Creep von Creepster when you talk about him like that. muahahaha... Poor Sophia :lol: I'm guessing the
old guy would be mostly/only in Stanton's route?
Those misc sprites look very nice. :)
Duke Creepster can get pretty... creepy :D So I definitely had to give him a good amount of those expressions!

As for what you guessed ;) -
You're totally right! I'm guessing the card suit logo gave that away...
--

The MC's sprite if FINALLY finished!

She took three days :( Mainly due to the fact I have intensely painful RSI flare up, which is hindering my progess quite a bit. But I wanted to push through it because I seriously wanted to get her done.

So, due to that, I have a bit of a change of plans. I think I will code in all the sprite expressions, then probably start writing Stanton's route. I'll give it a few days, then see if I'm up to starting the backgrounds.

Hoping that typing will be a different enough action to help with my arm :D

But I have finished the detailed outline of Blake's route, and started writing the detailed one for Amesbury :)

Hope everyone else is doing well on their projects!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] MC sprite is

#38 Post by ebi-hime »

Ooh the GUI for this looks really nice and pro, and the art is really pretty. It's very suited to the setting of the story (and the writing style too, I would assume). The MC looks especially cute, I love her blushy face o///o
I really like historical stories, and I like romances, so I'll look forward to this!
Good luck!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#39 Post by Zelan »

That is the most amazing hat I have ever seen.

Everything you've shown us so far is awesome! <3 Great work. Do make sure to rest your arm, though! I hope it feels better soon. *sends hugs*

Pick_One
Regular

#40 Post by Pick_One »

Sophia looks fabulous and very pretty. She is a beautiful lady. I definitely like her outfit. :)

That's terrible, please take care to not aggravate it. :0 Recently I had experience such pain on my left wrist. Luckily, I'm right handed so I don't need to use my left hand as much, thus I tried to limit with what I do with my left hand or atleast be gentle with it. Now it's much better, I just have to be careful with some movements and what I carry... And I know it might sound like pseudo nonsense crap, but I'll go ahead and say it if it might help you... I kinda um...willed myself into thinking that it doesn't actually hurt that much and that it'll take time to heal but it'll definitely heal...and I feel it somewhat made my wrist got better quicker? I mean I sort of also did small exercises with my wrist, but I didn't really do much and pretty much stopped after awhile when I felt it was better to leave it alone.

Anyways, I hope there's something you're currently doing to make it better or alleviate the pain. Hope typing would be less strenuous, if anything, you could just use your better arm for typing? (I'm guessing it's just one arm that has the pain?) It'll likely be slower? But I think it's better to take any precaution that you could possibly take.

Uh...I'm sorry about the rant on RSI... ^^; I hope for good news!

Harliqueen
Veteran

#41 Post by Harliqueen »

ebi-hime wrote:Ooh the GUI for this looks really nice and pro, and the art is really pretty. It's very suited to the setting of the story (and the writing style too, I would assume). The MC looks especially cute, I love her blushy face o///o
I really like historical stories, and I like romances, so I'll look forward to this!
Good luck!
Thank you so much! I've had some advice about changing the curly font on the GUI, but unfortunately can't implement that this time, but will know for the future :D
I was pleased with the MC once she was finally done. Wanted her to be feminine, but still have a presence about her :)
Zelan wrote:That is the most amazing hat I have ever seen.

Everything you've shown us so far is awesome! <3 Great work. Do make sure to rest your arm, though! I hope it feels better soon. *sends hugs*
I had to give the MC the most amazing hat :D It had to be done.

Thank you so much for the comment and well wishes. Pretty sure the arm will get better soon! Just doing something a bit different should help :)
Pick_One wrote:Sophia looks fabulous and very pretty. She is a beautiful lady. I definitely like her outfit. :)

That's terrible, please take care to not aggravate it. :0 Recently I had experience such pain on my left wrist. Luckily, I'm right handed so I don't need to use my left hand as much, thus I tried to limit with what I do with my left hand or atleast be gentle with it. Now it's much better, I just have to be careful with some movements and what I carry... And I know it might sound like pseudo nonsense crap, but I'll go ahead and say it if it might help you... I kinda um...willed myself into thinking that it doesn't actually hurt that much and that it'll take time to heal but it'll definitely heal...and I feel it somewhat made my wrist got better quicker? I mean I sort of also did small exercises with my wrist, but I didn't really do much and pretty much stopped after awhile when I felt it was better to leave it alone.

Anyways, I hope there's something you're currently doing to make it better or alleviate the pain. Hope typing would be less strenuous, if anything, you could just use your better arm for typing? (I'm guessing it's just one arm that has the pain?) It'll likely be slower? But I think it's better to take any precaution that you could possibly take.

Uh...I'm sorry about the rant on RSI... ^^; I hope for good news!
I did go a bit more detailed on Sophia's outfit than I meant to :D But I wanted something that would stand out against the others!

Thank you so much for the advice on RSI! I haven't ever really experienced it before, so any suggestions are really appreciated :) I have a wrist support which I will be wearing when not working, and hopefully moving over to typing will help.
And you're right, I will try using my other hand to type more. It may be slower, but it's better than injuring my other one further!

Harliqueen
Veteran

#42 Post by Harliqueen »

So, you know how I was like, 'my arm hurts, so I'm not gonna be doing the art thing for a bit.'

Yeah, that went well... :D

I managed to get the first CG done, and a background.

I've found a better font for the text box, but am still working on colours. Think I will be changing the text though if I have time. It's a bit too flouncy at the moment, I want something a bit simpler.

But, I have actually started writing and coding the common route/prologue! Yay! It's exciting seeing it start to come together... even if all the backgrounds are blank placeholders for now :D

Will be working on writing and backgrounds next week.

Hope everyone's projects are coming along well! :)

Candy☆Giants
Regular
Projects: Five Star Freeloaders
Deviantart: idrawbases

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] Wk 3 Report

#43 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Ayyy, them some solid backgrounds! ♥

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#44 Post by pyopyon »

UHHHH YES?? Absolutely. Ironically, I never cared for historical romance (and I still don't) but I watched Pride and Prejudice because I was curious once, and ended up watching it every night for a month (I wish I were joking.) So yes. Absolutely.

COLONEL ERNEST FO--

//attendant comes, whispers in my ear

--oh. He's not a.

Oh, I see. *CLEARS THROAT* ERM, THAT IS TO SAY, GUY BLAKE who is handsome and looks respectable and quietly passionate-- also known as he whose route features much of Colonel Foxley. (And what a Fox he is. Aow.)

I do! It's pretty!

I have no expectations but romance so. Romance. LOL.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Harliqueen
Veteran

#45 Post by Harliqueen »

Candy☆Giants wrote:Ayyy, them some solid backgrounds! ♥
Thank you :D Backgrounds are not really my thing, but my goal is to make them decent enough so you can at least tell you're in different places!
pyopyon wrote:- Do you think this would be something you'd be interested in?

UHHHH YES?? Absolutely. Ironically, I never cared for historical romance (and I still don't) but I watched Pride and Prejudice because I was curious once, and ended up watching it every night for a month (I wish I were joking.) So yes. Absolutely.

COLONEL ERNEST FO--

//attendant comes, whispers in my ear

--oh. He's not a.

Oh, I see. *CLEARS THROAT* ERM, THAT IS TO SAY, GUY BLAKE who is handsome and looks respectable and quietly passionate-- also known as he whose route features much of Colonel Foxley. (And what a Fox he is. Aow.)

I do! It's pretty!

I have no expectations but romance so. Romance. LOL.
Ah, the Colonel. I am pretty much falling in love with him as I write him more too :D Shouldn't be doing that for a secondary character!

Also, seeing the name of your NaNo project (which I'm very excited for, btw! :D ) made me laugh when talking about the Colonel...

--

Thank you so much for the comments! I really appreciate them :)