The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] Released!!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] DEMO OUT!

#61 Post by Harliqueen »

Nana7 wrote:- Do you think this would be something you'd be interested in?
Absolutely! I loved the theme, all the characters seem a lot interesting.

- Which love interest is your favourite?
Definitely Stanton, although I never like the first guy in the list, this one is my favorite. He with his hair loosen up like that <3

- Do you like the art style?
Three times YES! This is so unique! I loved their expressions, so subtle and amazingly done!

I'll play the demo and come back here later to give more critique, if I have some xD (when I have time apart from the dev hell ;-;)
I'm really glad it's something that interests you :D I love me a bit of Regency, so it's nice that it's something that appeals to others too!

I really hope you enjoyed the demo! (I know how you feel about having spare time!)

Zelan wrote:I like the reports being in the image - it makes it easy to see quickly what's been finished. Plus, it's pretty unique - I've never seen anything like it before. ^_^

Congrats on all of your progress! owo It's good to see that you've got a good pace going for your work.
That's good you like it! I wanted something a bit more interesting when reporting progress, so glad it's not too confusing.

Thank you for the kind words! I do like to keep a good rhythm going for work so as I can meet deadlines and keep myself motivated :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 25th-1st Rep

#62 Post by Harliqueen »

Sorry for the lateness of this report! The bank holiday threw me off
:D

Harliqueen
Veteran

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 18-24th Repo

#63 Post by Harliqueen »

All the art for Stanton's route is now done! Yay! :D

His route has a total of 7 CGs.

Only 2 of the 4 endings have CGs, which will probably be the same for Blake's route.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 2nd-8th May

#64 Post by Agashi »

Yay! I can't wait to see Stanton's route in-game! I know how passionate you are about the character so it'll be really interesting to see how it turns out. And of course, Blake is bae, so... ;) Also, I've just started noticing the little fun facts.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Harliqueen
Veteran

#65 Post by Harliqueen »

Agashi wrote:Yay! I can't wait to see Stanton's route in-game! I know how passionate you are about the character so it'll be really interesting to see how it turns out. And of course, Blake is bae, so... ;) Also, I've just started noticing the little fun facts.
I hope his route turns out well! It's the first time I've done route based otome, so it's been a learning curve.

I thought the fun facts would just add something interesting! Though it's hard to think of stuff sometimes :D

eriberri

#66 Post by eriberri »

Ohh man, I am just loving your art and ideas for both VN's in the making! I've been following the progress for some time and cannot wait for Stanton. Yum! The man looks like something out of those romantica books that are my secret, guilty pleasure.. haha.. :D

Harliqueen
Veteran

#67 Post by Harliqueen »

eriberri wrote:Ohh man, I am just loving your art and ideas for both VN's in the making! I've been following the progress for some time and cannot wait for Stanton. Yum! The man looks like something out of those romantica books that are my secret, guilty pleasure.. haha.. :D
I'm glad you like him :D And it's great he gives you that vibe- my plan is to have the CGs give the feel of those kind of romance novel covers!

Thank you so much for commmenting :)
---
Update time!

eriberri

#68 Post by eriberri »

Harliqueen wrote:I'm glad you like him :D And it's great he gives you that vibe- my plan is to have the CGs give the feel of those kind of romance novel covers!
I can see it with the latest update and that CG pose, so I'd say your plan is already working. :wink: Just need to let Sophia's hair down and whip her shawl off to expose the heaving, bodice-clad breasts that are obviously hidden beneath, then have Blake follow suit by showing just what the regiment has made of his physique.. and maybe plonk them down on the beach during a stormy night and voila! Bodice-ripping goodness! :lol:

But seriously, I prefer the slow-burn, meaningful romances of the Regency tenfold to that, so I'm very very happy to see what we have to look forward to here! I wonder if you know of a VN called 'Regency Love' for iphone/android/etc? If you haven't played it I would 100% recommend (I've played it more times then I can count, it's that good) - gorgeous graphics, characters and story that your VN reminds me of quite a bit (appearance-wise anyway!).

Also, I figured I would answer the questions in your first post too. Not sure if it helps but I figure it can't hurt..

- Do you think this would be something you'd be interested in?
I don't even think I need to answer this question. :D
- Which love interest is your favorite?
Stanton, hands down! However, I also find Foxley really attractive, though I know he's not an option and that dear Arabella needs love too and frankly I should stop being so thirsty, dammit. :P
- Do you like the art style?
Very much! I especially love the ladies (Arabella is just gorgeous with her freckles) and as I mentioned above, Stanton and Foxley. Also, Blake looks great in the CG preview you just released, so if that's anything to go by he'll probably grow on me as well.
- Is there anything you'd like to see, or hope for from this?
I would be perfectly happy to simply have a memorable, well-written story (and interesting, fleshed-out characters) to go with your clearly amazing art. :D
Beyond that (and this is just me putting it out there), I would love to see a more mature love-interest for Sophia too - someone akin to Sense and Sensibility's Colonel Brandon or Emma's Mr Knightley, perhaps? Not a carbon copy of either of them, naturally, but someone to add a more mature element (views, experience, etc) to the existing/planned cast of love-interests. He could be a heart-breaker (who loses his heart to Sophia, but risks losing her when she discovers how he initially played her.. too cliche?); a fortune-seeker (initially drawn to Sophia for dishonorable reasons.. a more shady sort); a friend of Sophia's parents (that watched her grow and fell for her despite himself); a foreigner (New to England? New Money? etc).. or any number of things.
Just a thought though, nothing more. :)

Also, I have a quick question of my own - what will the rating for this game be (How mature will the romances be)?

As always, best of luck for your continued work on this game (and CtS, too!).

Harliqueen
Veteran

#69 Post by Harliqueen »

eriberri wrote:...
Someone on Tumblr pointed me to Regency Love too- it looks pretty awesome! Probably a lot more involved than Lady's Choice will be (it really was only supposed to be a small project for NaNo! :D ).

Foxley has been a favourite, especially of the non-romanceable characters. My sister's first response to playing through the test build was, 'I want to romance Foxley!' :roll:

I would have loved to put more love interests in it, but unfortunately will already have to put Amesbury on indefinite hold due to time constraints. With it being a free game, I just can't justify giving all my attention to it for ages, which is a shame because I am really enjoing writing in this kind of setting! (Though I really love the idea of a Colonel Brandon type character, he was always one of my faves!)

The rating will be pretty tame. The romances get a bit heavier and interactive than probably what woud have actually been allowed back then, but still no adult scenes or anything. I was trying to stick close to the period setting :D Stanton's gets a little, uh, steamy at one part though!

Plus, once again due to time constraints, the romances will be relatively speedy, so I didn't think it felt right for the pace of the romance for anything more, if that makes sense? :)

Thank you so much for the comment and kind words of encouragement!

Harliqueen
Veteran

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 9th-15th May

#70 Post by Harliqueen »

(Yes, Blake is blindfolded in that screenshot :D )

Really starting to see progress on this now. Once I finished the backgrounds, the CGs started speeding along.

Hoping to have finished colouring them by next week, then I can really focus on editing!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 16th-22nd Ma

#71 Post by Zelan »

That is an intriguing CG indeed. cx

You've made amazing progress on this game! I love seeing these two routes coming together.

Harliqueen
Veteran

#72 Post by Harliqueen »

Zelan wrote:That is an intriguing CG indeed. cx

You've made amazing progress on this game! I love seeing these two routes coming together.
I might give a preview of that CG coloured in my next update, though still with no context so as no spoilers :D

Thank you so much for the kind words! It is nice to start seeing it all really coming together :)

Harliqueen
Veteran

#73 Post by Harliqueen »

All the CGs are done! Yay :D

Really starting to get close to the end now, I'm excited and nervous!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 23-29th May

#74 Post by Zelan »

daaaAAANG that CG

That 99% must be equal parts satisfying and infuriating. So close, yet so far, am I right?

Harliqueen
Veteran

Re: The Lady's Choice-NaNo'16 [Romance/Regency] 23-29th May

#75 Post by Harliqueen »

Zelan wrote:daaaAAANG that CG

That 99% must be equal parts satisfying and infuriating. So close, yet so far, am I right?
That 1 percent is basically me going back and forth over whether to do another CG. I think it will be decided by time- if I can fit it in after everything, then I'll do it.

But, you're totally right, it's a major annoyance as I wish I had time to do it anyway! :D