A Dragon's Heart [NaNo2016][BxB][Fantasy]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
WoodenStag
Projects: A Dragon's Heart.
Tumblr: woodenstag
Deviantart: Wooden-Stag

Re: A Dragon's Heart [NaNo2016][BxB][Fantasy]

#16 Post by WoodenStag »

Elze wrote:AH YESSS ANOTHER LOVELY BXB GAME FOR ME TO ANTICIPATE <3

The art looks awesome so far <3

How do you feel about the premise of this story?
I love a good fantasy VN/novel so this is right up my alleyyy.

Who do you like from the characters so far?
EHHH based on looks, Luka, but based on personality, probably Abel. I can't decide cos I'm a fickle pickle ;;

What is something you would like to see in this type of story?
REVENGE AND SATISFACTION YESSS LET THE BLOOD SPILL-- *cough* I mean, it'll be nice to see some angst. BUT balanced with realism and tons of emotional value. And umm more pretty art?

What do you not want to see?
Ehh hmm Idk. Imbalance of emotions maybe? Like when it gets too chaotic and over-the-top such that I find the story too unbelievable for me to immerse myself in. O_o

do you prefer a lots of choice over a story with less choices?
The more the merrier <3 I tend to start holding down the "skip" key if there's too much text without any choices in between.

would you prefer a story with no sexy time or with?
LOLLL. Personally, I think sexy time is great when done right, and when you only reveal halfway /// But it's not easy to do it right, and the right amount of "sexiness" probably differs with each player, so it's safer to do without I guess.
thanks for answering my questions
i'm really happy myself with the amount of BxB titles i'm seeing :D
it seems lots of people want revenge and i will try to add in a nice level of angst, i'm not sure whether i will be
able to add enough choice to keep your interest but i do hope you will give it a chance, even if you do hold down the skip button :D
with sexy time i will be adding a fluff type option encase someone isn't comfortable with sexy time and both will have CG's since i don't want to punish people who don't like nsfw art. i hope this will be a good alternative to people having to skip past those scenes
:)

WoodenStag

#17 Post by WoodenStag »

ThePirate wrote:
Yes. Embrace the awkward, awkward is love
Understandable, you should do the amount of choices that you're able to and comfortable doing in the time given, pushing it might end up in pushing past the deadline. :")
Well if you put it that way, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this silly scene in which Luca attempts to go against his sub nature. XD
Thanks, and good luck to you as well, backgrounds seem to be the tricky part for most artists here. I think I'm actually doing alright for now. sobs internally :"D

Hm, you could just upload a black silhouette of the third interest? Keeping it hush hush and all. XP
the black silhouette idea is good but it makes me think of pokemon with the whole "who's that pokemon?" but in stead it
would be "who's that Love Interest?" XD
i had an attempt at a background and Photoshop froze on me and i lost the work, to make matters worse i was liking how it was looking.

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#18 Post by RumRat »

Sprites are looking good! :D
how do you feel about a character route that only has a bad end?
If done properly it could be pretty interesting, as long as it's a complete ending with story, cg's and all, and not just "sucks, you died" or something. XD
WoodenStag wrote: the black silhouette idea is good but it makes me think of pokemon with the whole "who's that pokemon?" but in stead it
would be "who's that Love Interest?" XD
i had an attempt at a background and Photoshop froze on me and i lost the work, to make matters worse i was liking how it was looking.
Ahaha, you're right, it does remind of it, idk, you could add a question like "would you like me to show you the unlockable love interest or would you prefer to be surprised?" and see what kind of feedback you get?

God, that. Save often, like, every chance you get. GIMP froze on me so many times during work I can't even. So I save pretty much after every line I draw, and I make a copy of the file every so often, just in case.
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

Mutation
Projects: Scarlet Dream
Organization: Mutation
Tumblr: scarletdreamgame
itch: mutation

#19 Post by Mutation »

A new question eh?

How do you feel about a character route that only has a bad end?
Hmn. That's a good question.
If it's conceivable that the character route could only end in tragedy, sure. Moreover, it's a little easier than trying to force a good ending in a difficult relationship, and might be easier on workload down the line.

I guess it also depends on the character, but keep your spoilers quiet~

WoodenStag

#20 Post by WoodenStag »

Mutation wrote:A new question eh?

How do you feel about a character route that only has a bad end?
Hmn. That's a good question.
If it's conceivable that the character route could only end in tragedy, sure. Moreover, it's a little easier than trying to force a good ending in a difficult relationship, and might be easier on workload down the line.

I guess it also depends on the character, but keep your spoilers quiet~
thanks for your input on this question although the character that i was planning on only giving a bad end with has decided to have a complete change in personality, but i will definitely keep your answer in mind for future projects(if i finish this one lol)

WoodenStag

#21 Post by WoodenStag »

Added Vale the last of the love interests bio/character image
his looks somewhat different from the others due to the fact that i will be using his main
image as his sprite to save some time, just need to do the different expressions.
the next art update will be most of the supporting cast(the ones thats important) i don't
believe that i will give them their own little bio's, since i will be putting most of them on
one image so you can see some of the other people (one other might get a small bio),
this next week i will be focusing on writing since i have the majority of the plot points down.
i hope to get at the very least 10k words done the end of next week.
this project probably wont be finished in time but, i at the very least want to have a small working demo done :)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#22 Post by Lesleigh63 »

How do you feel about the premise of this story?
Sounds cool.

Who do you like from the characters so far?
Able, Cain and Vale.

What is something you would like to see in this type of story?
A difficult choice.

What do you not want to see?
Too many cliches.

do you prefer a lots of choice over a story with less choices?
If the story is riveting, less choices is fine.

would you prefer a story with no sexy time or with?
The sexy time would need to grow organically out of the plot (not just be tacked on).

Like the look of the sprites.

Good luck with the bgs.

WoodenStag

#23 Post by WoodenStag »

long time no update >.>
life kind of got in the way and for the last week I've been quite ill so couldn't really work on this
but I've not given up :D
I changed my goal a little bit to reflect what i am quite sure i will be able to get donehopefully
i also added Cain and Vales Sprites as well as a small sketch of Briana another of the main characters in the story.
i have been struggling to write this since its a lot less descriptive than what i am use to writing.
i also changed the start of the story since the way i wrote it before you where just plopped down in a awkward part of the
story, but in changing the start i have added a little bit more work since i have to make some more character sprites and a cg
but it felt much better starting it there than where i had originally.
also i managed to find some nice backgrounds in the cc forum so i'm going to use them for the time being until i can make some myself.
hopefully i'll have a more progressive update soon :D

doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

#24 Post by doktorcrimson »

1. How do you feel about the premise of this story?

I don't read/play fantasy as much but I'd be interested to see what the plot is about.

2. Who do you like from the characters so far?

Human-shaped dog :3

3. What is something you would like to see in this type of story?

I'll take whatever is offered as long as you think fit.

4. What do you not want to see?

Weakly characterized personalities and weak female characters.

5. do you prefer a lots of choice over a story with less choices?

The number of choices depend on the story, but I'd prefer some choice over no choice.

6. would you prefer a story with no sexy time or with?

I'd like to see some relationship development going on between characters since it is BxB.

7. how do you feel about a character route that only has a bad end?(no longer going to happen character did a 360 in personality)(but i'm still somewhat curious about this question)

I've played BxB VNs with ONLY bad ends before so I am okay with that if that is what you're going for but then again that should be your decision.

Seeing a lot of BxB this year makes me happy :3