【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ] (Mock GUI up! feeds

#46 Post by runeraccoon »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Thank you! And yeah trust me, everyone's first gui isn't perfect, at least you were able to make one :) I really like your idea about your morning sky idea, a golden reflection on a sun lol it seems a little complicated but I'm sure you can do it if you try! If I were you, I think I would definitely find free images and manipulate them with photoshop or even better draw them yourself lol, theres like so many things you can do by clicking on the photo and choosing various effects. Textures are a good use for like savescreen and settings. I see your textbox has a nice gradient effect too! Maybe if you chose better text and found some way to make it fit into the little circles too? Still, you're learning and great job on this being your first gui, it's always hard ^ ^
Oh God, it is hard, thank you for saying that. Somehow it could never hold a candle to this imagery in my head---if there was one in the first place. I couldn't imagine it, and I couldn't translate it into the canvas/I don't have the technique to do so. Frustrating lmao x""DDD

Concretely speaking, those image renderings are like the pocket watch in your textbox or roses+clockface+lemon slice(?) in your logo, to give that oomph, isn't it? ><

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#47 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

fuicchi wrote:
LadyOfGatsby wrote:Thank you! And yeah trust me, everyone's first gui isn't perfect, at least you were able to make one :) I really like your idea about your morning sky idea, a golden reflection on a sun lol it seems a little complicated but I'm sure you can do it if you try! If I were you, I think I would definitely find free images and manipulate them with photoshop or even better draw them yourself lol, theres like so many things you can do by clicking on the photo and choosing various effects. Textures are a good use for like savescreen and settings. I see your textbox has a nice gradient effect too! Maybe if you chose better text and found some way to make it fit into the little circles too? Still, you're learning and great job on this being your first gui, it's always hard ^ ^
Oh God, it is hard, thank you for saying that. Somehow it could never hold a candle to this imagery in my head---if there was one in the first place. I couldn't imagine it, and I couldn't translate it into the canvas/I don't have the technique to do so. Frustrating lmao x""DDD

Concretely speaking, those image renderings are like the pocket watch in your textbox or roses+clockface+lemon slice(?) in your logo, to give that oomph, isn't it? ><
Yeah it is lol but the logo was made by someone else who's so talented. The way you said it though XD
ImageImage

runeraccoon
Veteran

#48 Post by runeraccoon »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Yeah it is lol but the logo was made by someone else who's so talented. The way you said it though XD
I really thought that was a lemon slice XD

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ] (Logo + Mock GUI up)

#49 Post by MimirollCookie »

The GUI looks cute!!~
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#50 Post by infel »

Yay! Another BxB game =D. I'm really happy to see more of these coming for english players. Anyway, I'll definitely will be playing yours. I love the story and characters along with the art, which matches perfectly.

As for your questions:

1-I'm fine with either really. I do lean a bit more for having dates when they are in a relationship, but before would help us get to know them better. In the end it's up to you.

2-I'll admit as someone who to is doing a BxB game it's hard to do random meetings DX. Mine feel a bit forced sometimes ;-;. For you I think it may be easier actually since your world seems bigger and this has elements of a dating sim. As for what I want to see, I'd like these events to help us get to know the characters better. Those are my favorite type of events. Also sometimes cute events XD.

3-I like all of them, though Nao is my favorite. I admit I have a weakness for his type ;//;.

4-I like the GUI. It's simple, but nice. It's also easy on the eyes when I read the words which shows the colors are good =D.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#51 Post by Weenily »

fuicchi wrote:KASJKLASFLKJAJFASF?????
????
I DON'T----
I DON'T THINK THIS WAS WORTHY OF FANARTS KSLAKJFLKAJF so awesome I'm jelly of your humors klasjklajf yes that's the proper way of using Haruka's scarf totally HAMG no please illuminaughty is brilliant! If only I could put it somewhere inside the VN I'd be happy lmfaoooo
You're throwing your awesome artsus left and right and bless people's post I feel so happy you can't even--- //crai

My favorite character this NaNo is Shrich by the way. And Zena, but it's GxG, not BxB.

I was focusing on readability and probably ignored the touch-ups hahaha. Noted and fixed at the 3rd revision but I'll post the update when there's a significant exponent xD And thank you for commenting on the sprite hahahaha >////< //
shHH it was fun to draw them haHA. Thank you!! I'm glad you like my humor. >7< <3

Also oOOH omg a rat dating sim i can't- he's beautiful. !! Zena is adorable. I love them GxG games too huhu.

Yeah, that's a good place to start for your first GUI tbh! Readability and simplicity is better than going overboard. The 3rd revision definitely has improvement! The new font is still easy to read. I second the suggestion about using symbols in the circles. Maybe try different placements of the quick menu? Also I think you could add a simple transparent pattern texture (I'm thinking reaaally small diamond patterns?) to the white parts of the textbox to the upper left and lower right corners that fades in the middle parts? I hope that made sense! I'm not really sure about how to feel about the logo? It's kind of hard to read? Like, I know that's an "A" in the Logo but at a quick glance it looks like it says "Gest It". But I like the textures on it!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#52 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I like BxB

Shigure looks lovely - I hope we see him a lot as he's the MC.

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
Before, to help get to know them.

❋ What kind of random meetings you'd expect to see?
Not sure, surprise me.

❋ Who do you like from the characters?
I like Nao's look but Haruka's personality.

❋ [3/7] Please give me feedback about the mock GUI!
The text-box looks fine to me.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#53 Post by runeraccoon »

infel wrote:2-I'll admit as someone who to is doing a BxB game it's hard to do random meetings DX. Mine feel a bit forced sometimes ;-;. For you I think it may be easier actually since your world seems bigger and this has elements of a dating sim. As for what I want to see, I'd like these events to help us get to know the characters better. Those are my favorite type of events. Also sometimes cute events XD.
You could share more about your experience, I'd be happy to know the challenges/fun ahead ahahaha. And thank you for your encouragement, we do need more wholesome BxB games! <3
Weenily wrote:shHH it was fun to draw them haHA. Thank you!! I'm glad you like my humor. >7< <3

Also oOOH omg a rat dating sim i can't- he's beautiful. !! Zena is adorable. I love them GxG games too huhu.

Yeah, that's a good place to start for your first GUI tbh! Readability and simplicity is better than going overboard. The 3rd revision definitely has improvement! The new font is still easy to read. I second the suggestion about using symbols in the circles. Maybe try different placements of the quick menu? Also I think you could add a simple transparent pattern texture (I'm thinking reaaally small diamond patterns?) to the white parts of the textbox to the upper left and lower right corners that fades in the middle parts? I hope that made sense! I'm not really sure about how to feel about the logo? It's kind of hard to read? Like, I know that's an "A" in the Logo but at a quick glance it looks like it says "Gest It". But I like the textures on it!
I'd probably go in another direction altogether... xD Please look forward to the finished GUI/Textboxes! (I think I'm having way too much fun tinkering with the GUI--- Go NaNo!) I think I have two directions (fun look patterned with low poly, or clean painterly style inspired by saudade tea's design * q *) I want to go for, so you and the others could vote on them later on ahahaha I swear I'm such a masochist.

Thank you about your input for the logo! Ds-sans did it for free for me, so any improvement will be done by myself later on. * n * I'll probably make a makeover to match the GUI, but later on!

And LMFAO your sense of humor is best plz continue to humor me XDDD
Lesleigh63 wrote:Shigure looks lovely - I hope we see him a lot as he's the MC.
With you, I think the whole LiD's main team is already commenting here??? Thank you so much, you guys are pleasant folks! XD
We'd definitely see many(?) Shigure, please look forward to it/him! And hooray for another BxB lover! Also thank you for your comment on the textbox--- seeing that you made pretty arts, I can see that I at least won't be destroying the game with my baby-born sense of aesthetic... :"DDDD

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ]

#54 Post by Weenily »

I'm happy you're having fun making GUIs!! I'll defs be here to vote on what cool designs you come up with! //PATPAT/

Ooh, that's really nice of them! Yaaaa match everything up!

OH BOY, DW I WILL. I'll make more jokes when I see the opportunity to xD
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

#55 Post by Miyuu »

BxB! Why haven't I opened this thread before? XD I'm a sucker for good BxB romantic anime/manga/VN. (Secretly a fujoshi xD). I'm not sure about your questions before, but I'll steal from some, lol.

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
- Both please, thank you. <3 Going on dates at the mountains for club trip or something like that.

- Haruka and Nao! <33

❋ [3/8] What do you think about the premise?
- I really like it so far, plus the bishies are so... *drools* >,>

❋ [3/8] As Shigure has a set personality, what would you suggest so that the playthrough won't be too onesided?
- Make 3 sets of personality and player can choose one of the personality. For each personality, his reactions to certain things will differ. Although that would be quite tedious to pull off within a month. So maybe I'm just asking for too juch. XD

❋ [3/8] Is there any questions you'd like to ask to the characters?
- Would all of you guys be my harem? XD *smacked*

runeraccoon
Veteran

#56 Post by runeraccoon »

Weenily wrote:I'm happy you're having fun making GUIs!! I'll defs be here to vote on what cool designs you come up with! //PATPAT/

Ooh, that's really nice of them! Yaaaa match everything up!

OH BOY, DW I WILL. I'll make more jokes when I see the opportunity to xD
Yayayayay! /o/
But I'm focusing on the CGs for other games rn lol. Kokoro Hane already posted one of the CGs, and I think I've gotten the hang of compromising between speed + quality + having fun that I'm producing art like hens right now! (Was going to say machine gun but that was hyperbolic, so...)
Miyuu wrote:BxB! Why haven't I opened this thread before? XD I'm a sucker for good BxB romantic anime/manga/VN. (Secretly a fujoshi xD). I'm not sure about your questions before, but I'll steal from some, lol.

- Both please, thank you. <3 Going on dates at the mountains for club trip or something like that.

- Haruka and Nao! <33

❋ [3/8] What do you think about the premise?
- I really like it so far, plus the bishies are so... *drools* >,>

❋ [3/8] As Shigure has a set personality, what would you suggest so that the playthrough won't be too onesided?
- Make 3 sets of personality and player can choose one of the personality. For each personality, his reactions to certain things will differ. Although that would be quite tedious to pull off within a month. So maybe I'm just asking for too juch. XD

❋ [3/8] Is there any questions you'd like to ask to the characters?
- Would all of you guys be my harem? XD *smacked*
BAWH Thank you so much for your response! And LOL @stolen questions, I deemed the past responses were kinda sufficient but I'm glad you answered these too~

Different personalities argh I'll be having a trip if that's implemented //looks afar We'll see about that. :9 LMFAO Shigure would probably defend the three boys with his pathetic frame xDD

Thank you and good luck with Iris Dream too! ><

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#57 Post by Ghost of Crux »

crashes thru hello I'm here to drop something sorry if it looks NOTHING like him
http://puu.sh/nPWfT/fe72cb292a.jpg
[disappears like a droplet into a puddle]
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

runeraccoon
Veteran

#58 Post by runeraccoon »

wsjlajlgksaljglskag ////////////////////

LMAO this game won't probably finish for NaNo but I've promised to someone dear to finish it nonetheless and now it has much love hngh <3 <3 <3 Thanks NAMIIIII (though I misread your sig as "Homo" is that some kind of foreshadowing or...?)

That Nao is awesomely violent don't worry Shigure will treat his wounds afterwards... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#59 Post by Ghost of Crux »

TAKE YOUR TIME SO LONG AS YOU FINISH IT TBH
(I think that's your wishful thinking shot
I kid I kid)

WELL I WAS THINKING MORE LIKE HE ACCIDENTALLY GOT INTO A FIGHT BC HE INSTINCTUALLY DECKED SOMEONE BEFORE HE EVEN THOUGHT IT THROUGH... which is totally understandable I would totally do that too
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

CosmicFan

#60 Post by CosmicFan »

Waiting eagerly for more info.