【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | drama | dating sim | NaNo16 ]

#31 Post by runeraccoon »

Eevee.avg wrote:❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
Before sounds like it would make more sense

❋ What kind of random meetings you'd expect to see?
Cant think of too much stuff but Id like to see Shigure interact with Naos siblings in some cute way

❋ Who do you like from the characters?
I like Shigure the most! Im interested in Yuuji too tho

Good luck!! The art is really nice btw, i really like it!
I seriously need more scenes for Nao, so that sounds like a good idea! :D
Elze wrote:OMFGOSH BXB MY FAVVV <3
are you a fujoshi too? :'D :'D :'D

AAAaaa I love, LOVE the art. At the moment Haruka looks the most kissable. Just sayin~

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH. WHY CAN I ONLY HAVE ONE. ; ___ ; OK eh HMMM if I must choose between the 2, then I'll go for the first date. Like, first date after they get together. Cos then there's lots of cute moments like 'IS IT TOO FAST TO KISS', 'WHY ISN'T HE HOLDING MY HAND', or even cute jealousy moments like 'WAIT THIS IS OUR FIRST DATE WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT OTHER GUYS' <3

Awkward run-ins with the ex-boyfriend or ex-crush eheheh. I love dramatic confrontations, even better if it's half angst and half fluff - my IDEAL.

HARUKA, like look at that cute smile hnnng. But I'm fickle so I bet I'll change my mind like 2072320 times as you post more art and another 13017210 times when I play the game ////

Idk if it's obvious but I'm like super psyched about your project so GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to see this released <3
LMAO YES I'm a fujoshi--- I thought it was obvious hahahaha
Ah wow, our taste for drama seems to match perfectly <3
Please look forward to it. ksjlkasj ///

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#32 Post by Nekobako »

God bless all the BxB this year. I am here for this.

I really like Shigure's hair, and I wonder what Yuuji did to make Shigure want to get revenge... *subscribes*

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
Both! Both is good.

I'd really love a glimpse of Nao being unexpectedly cute with his siblings... Running into Yuuji at the bakery sounds good too >:3b

ALL OF THEM.... *eyes Shigure*

But if I had to pick one of the romanceable boys, I'd have to say Nao. I'm sorry. I'm tsun loving trash.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to the finished product :D

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#33 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Look at these hot guys, wow. May I take them all with me, please?

There s one thing I'm curious about. Is the whole revenge thing just a premise for the game to start and will eventually fade into a romantic comedy dating sim which will drown me in feels or is it something that's going to stay until the end and will lead the MC to take really bad desitions that will probably ruin everything for him and those around him? Both make good VN ideas, but be carefull, the "Sasuke Uchiha" of living for revenge and not being able to feel anything else is extremly difficult to pull and NOT REWARDING AT ALL. If the ending comes and the player has achieved revenge but everything else is ruined, they won't feel pleased or like they achieved something, they will get angry or frustrated and that's bad for the game.

I really like this project, I can't wait to see what comes out of it!

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

runeraccoon
Veteran

#34 Post by runeraccoon »

► WEEKLY REVIEW I

...or rant. Probably rant.
Not much is done. Prolly because my family got sick in turns, and they bugged me in rotation. It's not like I could work on BxB scenes in front of my Mum either lmfao. Gomen I'm panicking everyday hahaha.

► Sprites: Sketches 100%
► GUI: Logo 90% (just waiting for a revision. If it's not here in a couple of days, I'll use the original version), Main Menu sketched. General GUI idek what I'm doing lmfao
► Writing: Outline 80%, Prologue 100%, Dates 10%, Confession Scenes all three outlined LMFAO (So tempted to make the CGs afff)
► BGs + music: Found all! Almost all, but I'll probably work around those that I couldn't find 100%
► Coding: Waiting for GUI + base scenes
► CGs: won't have any update since it's not realistic to do CGs at all in March
(Note: I'm doing CGs for other games, please look forward to them instead!)

QUESTIONS!
❋ What's the update you'd like to see most?
(Like Shigure, I'm more pumped if I know it'll please people!)
Nekobako wrote:God bless all the BxB this year....
IKR LMAO
So many stuffs to look forward to! Thanks for the input and ehehehehe
Yuuji + Nao + Shigure scene is actually one of the pivotal point for this VN
Hi.In.Ni wrote:Look at these hot guys, wow. May I take them all with me, please?

There s one thing I'm curious about. Is the whole revenge thing just a premise for the game to start and will eventually fade into a romantic comedy dating sim which will drown me in feels or is it something that's going to stay until the end and will lead the MC to take really bad desitions that will probably ruin everything for him and those around him? Both make good VN ideas, but be carefull, the "Sasuke Uchiha" of living for revenge and not being able to feel anything else is extremly difficult to pull and NOT REWARDING AT ALL. If the ending comes and the player has achieved revenge but everything else is ruined, they won't feel pleased or like they achieved something, they will get angry or frustrated and that's bad for the game.
You can take them in one package deal once the VN is done! ;)

The revenge is (only?) a premise. As a player, you can actually control how far will it influence Shigure. He has a lot of potential to be good, after all! ^^ I want this whole story to be about self growth and development. Even the Alone ending would be about him discovering things for himself instead of hurting others around him. I want Shigure to have/create closure. :'D Edit: Nah, he'll probably still hurt others in the process, but not in the ending/the kind of message I want to convey.

I hope I can pull this off well. Thank you for your offer! I'd probably take that offer once I have the full outline, or full main plot (outside the dates) to show you.

Thanks for all of your support! :'D
Last edited by runeraccoon on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#35 Post by Weenily »

❋ What's the update you'd like to see most?
I'd like to see some script samples maybe? Whatever scenes that wouldn't be too spoilery and that you'd like to share! I'M SO INTERESTED IN THOSE CONFESSION SCENES BUT fghj yeah, whatever you'd like to share! I'd also like to see the finished logo and some previews of the GUI. And then maybe a finished Shigure sprite? :'D

Also I hope your family can get well soon!
Last edited by Weenily on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#36 Post by runeraccoon »

Weenily wrote:❋ What's the update you'd like to see most?
I'd like to see some script samples maybe? Whatever scenes that wouldn't be too spoilery and that you'd like to share! I'M SO INTERESTED IN THOSE CONFESSION SCENES BUT fghj yeah, whatever you'd like to share! I'd also like to see the finished logo and some previews of the GUI. And then maybe a finished Shigure sprite? :'D

Also I hope your family can get well soon!
Thank you! Yeah, I wish they'll get well soon too so I could return to my cave and work on this thing xD

I'm terribly sorry but I probably can't show you the confession scenes as it will be the delight you'll cover in each playthrough! And just to tease you more show my appreciation, I'll tell you that each pairing has 3 versions of confessions. I know, I think I'm crazy too.

But I'll show some excerpts and definitely ask for feedbacks! ^^ Thanks for the push in the right direction, I'm so lazy at writing...

I should note that I probably won't start working on those sprites before I've at least sketched all of the CGs I offered to other people, so it should take a while TTvTT

Weenily
Regular

#37 Post by Weenily »

Haha yeah I figured! xD Whoa! Three versions!! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE A MASOCHIST OR A SADIST am even more interested than ever.

Woo! Laughs I feel you, do it for the BxB though, man. Do it for the BxB. Let your imagination run wild. When your mom can't see ofc.

Ooh!! That's cool! It's wonderful you're giving priority to the art you've offered to do. Good luck! ovo)/
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#38 Post by runeraccoon »

Weenily wrote:Haha yeah I figured! xD Whoa! Three versions!! I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE A MASOCHIST OR A SADIST am even more interested than ever.

Woo! Laughs I feel you, do it for the BxB though, man. Do it for the BxB. Let your imagination run wild. When your mom can't see ofc.

Ooh!! That's cool! It's wonderful you're giving priority to the art you've offered to do. Good luck! ovo)/
Oh shush you, since we could only get three love interests, I figure I really want to dig them deep. Uh. That sounds ambiguous. I mean, not literally. or is it //shot

kjshfkahfkjahf I NEED MY BXB FIX WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY BXB FIX

Yeah I should probably make it before I die thirsting for BxB... Good thing we have many right now! I have a fave char already among all those BxB Nanos heheheheheheh

Thanks for your support, Weenily! >///< <3

runeraccoon
Veteran

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ] (Mock GUI up! feeds

#39 Post by runeraccoon »

Mock GUI is up on the first post or go to this link. Please give me feedback as this is the first time I made GUI ahahaha. TTvTT

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#40 Post by .usa »

Wahh, another BxB nano, I like this ~
Also what's with those genres?!?!?! Some of my faves are there like oMG! (I just love drama and fluff..........)
The art is good as well, they're so handsome!!

I'll answer all your questions, hope I can help with this! :

Actually, I would prefer to go after you get into a relationship. I thought that an interesting way to do it the other way around is if one of the boys was a childhood friend? Like, they already know each other so they can skip the meeting part, but would feel a little awkward because from friend to couple... Welp, it could lead to some real good fluff! Ah, but from the characters' descriptions, I didn't see anything pointing that anyone is already a friend of Shigure, so this wouldn't work at all... Still, just an idea!

I want to see Nao with his siblings! Let's see this tsun's soft side!!! (I think it's already obvious that tsun tsun boys are my top type.....haha......ha....)

NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HE'S JUST SO CUTE OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT PRECIOUS BABY <3

And now about the GUI! I think it's looking pretty good, just needing a few changes? One is, MC's portrait being smaller, and facing the other side! I think it looks a little weird he's facing left, for some reason I just can't imagine it that way! Other than that, I really like it <3

Good luck! I'll be stalking visiting this thread for updates!

Weenily
Regular

#41 Post by Weenily »

fuicchi wrote:Oh shush you, since we could only get three love interests, I figure I really want to dig them deep. Uh. That sounds ambiguous. I mean, not literally. or is it //shot

kjshfkahfkjahf I NEED MY BXB FIX WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY BXB FIX

Yeah I should probably make it before I die thirsting for BxB... Good thing we have many right now! I have a fave char already among all those BxB Nanos heheheheheheh

Thanks for your support, Weenily! >///< <3
LMAO i wouldnt mind getting illuminaughty^ with haruka ;B) im s o sorry for my illuminati jokes thi s is the last one i swe ar

TRUE!! there's so many awesome NaNoReno projects this year! it's really exciting and a wonderful experience being able to see their development! and ooh! omg can i ask wh o? or what game lmaO. i remember like?? 2-4(?) bxb games that really caught my eye including this one!

It's my pleasure! <33

ANNND NOTES ON THAT GUI. The fonts are easy to read and the GUI looks very sleek! I think the side sprite should be smaller (i typically prefer when the side sprite and the normal sprites are the same size) and face the right hand side of the screen though. I like how the textbox has a gradient in color but maybe make the brighter blue side fade to white? Also how would the quick buttons work because it kind of looks cramped on those circles? That sprite looks really good btw! :'>

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#42 Post by Nekobako »

UI's looking pretty good, though I agree that the side sprite is too big. Also I can slightly see the corner of the box connecting with the side sprite and that's eh. Should just run the lines all the way into the circle. Seconding the quick buttons looking cramped; maybe use symbols instead? Of course, you'll have to be careful to make sure they're easily recognizable...

Not sure about the color either, but more than anything it needs to be unified with the rest of the system, so it's kind of dependent upon the menu/title screens and whatnot. Hard to judge it without context, haha.

Also I love the sprite, and now I'm excited to see finished sprites of the main boys *___*

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#43 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Hello there! I'm Really loving the sprites and the teaser art I really can't wait to see the fully colored sprites :D As for the gui, I do feel it is a little bland. Maybe it can have more of its own set of colors matching? More personality whereas it fits the theme and overall gameplay/story vibe. Overall the gui needs some work but great job on what you have so far! I'm looking forward to this.
ImageImage

runeraccoon
Veteran

#44 Post by runeraccoon »

LONG REPLIES AHEAD! By the way, I've been working on a third revision, but since there's not much change, I'll just leave the link here and work on the next revision! Notes on some of responses below x"DDD Thanks for your precious inputs, guys!
.usa wrote:[...] one of the boys was a childhood friend? Like, they already know each other so they can skip the meeting part, but would feel a little awkward because from friend to couple... Welp, it could lead to some real good fluff! Ah, but from the characters' descriptions, I didn't see anything pointing that anyone is already a friend of Shigure, so this wouldn't work at all... Still, just an idea!

I want to see Nao with his siblings! Let's see this tsun's soft side!!! (I think it's already obvious that tsun tsun boys are my top type.....haha......ha....)
[...]
And now about the GUI! I think it's looking pretty good, just needing a few changes? One is, MC's portrait being smaller, and facing the other side! I think it looks a little weird he's facing left, for some reason I just can't imagine it that way! Other than that, I really like it <3
I should probably start counting who's winning, because I feel like Nao is winning on a landslide XDDD We all like tsuns Your inputs on the GUI side has been noted and implemented in the 3rd revision but I'll tinker with it more before I update the first post!

And childhood friend is one of my fave trope as well please please don't tempt meeeee //runs
Ahem. Let's see what I could add post NaNo! I definitely love this trope too ehehe.
Weenily wrote:Image
LMAO i wouldnt mind getting illuminaughty^ with haruka ;B) im s o sorry for my illuminati jokes thi s is the last one i swe ar
ANNND NOTES ON THAT GUI. The fonts are easy to read and the GUI looks very sleek! I think the side sprite should be smaller (i typically prefer when the side sprite and the normal sprites are the same size) and face the right hand side of the screen though. I like how the textbox has a gradient in color but maybe make the brighter blue side fade to white? Also how would the quick buttons work because it kind of looks cramped on those circles? That sprite looks really good btw! :'>
KASJKLASFLKJAJFASF?????
????
I DON'T----
I DON'T THINK THIS WAS WORTHY OF FANARTS KSLAKJFLKAJF so awesome I'm jelly of your humors klasjklajf yes that's the proper way of using Haruka's scarf totally HAMG no please illuminaughty is brilliant! If only I could put it somewhere inside the VN I'd be happy lmfaoooo
You're throwing your awesome artsus left and right and bless people's post I feel so happy you can't even--- //crai

My favorite character this NaNo is Shrich by the way. And Zena, but it's GxG, not BxB.

I was focusing on readability and probably ignored the touch-ups hahaha. Noted and fixed at the 3rd revision but I'll post the update when there's a significant exponent xD And thank you for commenting on the sprite hahahaha >////< //
Nekobako wrote:UI's looking pretty good, though I agree that the side sprite is too big. Also I can slightly see the corner of the box connecting with the side sprite and that's eh. Should just run the lines all the way into the circle. Seconding the quick buttons looking cramped; maybe use symbols instead? Of course, you'll have to be careful to make sure they're easily recognizable...

Not sure about the color either, but more than anything it needs to be unified with the rest of the system, so it's kind of dependent upon the menu/title screens and whatnot. Hard to judge it without context, haha.

Also I love the sprite, and now I'm excited to see finished sprites of the main boys *___*
Noted about the sprite, and yeah, I just realized the bump after I posted the mock up X"""D It's fixed. Thank you about the symbols, I'm looking for it right now!
About the colors, yeah, I haven't made the other stuffs, but I'll make sure the show the same message. X"D Please comment again later on if I've posted the main menu/gallery/other places~
LadyOfGatsby wrote:Hello there! I'm Really loving the sprites and the teaser art I really can't wait to see the fully colored sprites :D As for the gui, I do feel it is a little bland. Maybe it can have more of its own set of colors matching? More personality whereas it fits the theme and overall gameplay/story vibe. Overall the gui needs some work but great job on what you have so far! I'm looking forward to this.
OAO Thank you very much for coming here + those precious inputs. Because I'm lowkey blown away by your logo + GUI (esp. the gallery! So sparkly and pretty */////*)

Yup, not too shabby for the first GUI I made hahaha. xD //shot I need to do some self appreciation lmaooo
I was aiming for morning sky + that golden reflection on the cloud when the sun broke the dawn. Unf somehow it's embarrassing to say here hahahah xD
I noticed there were patterns in your GUI + elaborate design, whereas I was aiming for simple/sleek/readable... But right now I agree that it's too bland. TTATT If you were me, how'd you touch up the GUI? //calls an audience XD

I need at least photoshop to work on this more... Mere illustration software just don't have the instant layer effects, so I'll continue tomorrow after I get back home :'D

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#45 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Thank you! And yeah trust me, everyone's first gui isn't perfect, at least you were able to make one :) I really like your idea about your morning sky idea, a golden reflection on a sun lol it seems a little complicated but I'm sure you can do it if you try! If I were you, I think I would definitely find free images and manipulate them with photoshop or even better draw them yourself lol, theres like so many things you can do by clicking on the photo and choosing various effects. Textures are a good use for like savescreen and settings. I see your textbox has a nice gradient effect too! Maybe if you chose better text and found some way to make it fit into the little circles too? Still, you're learning and great job on this being your first gui, it's always hard ^ ^
ImageImage