IDENT# [scifi/mystery/drama][optional GxG/B][NaNoReno2016]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

Re: IDENT# [scifi/mystery/drama][optional GxG/B][NaNoReno201

#46 Post by KiloTango »

Worked on a couple of backgrounds tonight, they're kinda rough but hopefully it'll still look cool.
Screenshot 2016-03-19 00.47.20.png
I think I might rework Robbie's nose when I do his expressions.

I also got some fun visual effects working tonight but it'd be spoilery to show them.
ImageImageImage

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#47 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Wow, it looks so beautiful! You're doing a great job. I'm looking forward to the finished game~

Candy☆Giants
Regular
Projects: Five Star Freeloaders
Deviantart: idrawbases

#48 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Oh that's lovely :D Sometimes rough is pretty!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#49 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

General impressions?
Oh my gosh!!!! I LOVE IT, GIMME
I really love time related stories/VNs, I played Time Hollow and I still love it until now <33

Would you like Cassie to be namable instead of pre-named?
Hmm, I guess both are good, it's nice to be able naming the MC, but if she have a predetermined name that's alright too since after all she still have her own personality.

Would you prefer the campus the game is set in to be an inner-city urban one one, or in a more picturesque seaside town?
I can't choose! Both of them sounds interesting... how about an inner-city urban that have sea near the city :lol:
either way I'll still play this even it use village as it's settings lol

and oops! I just saw you've made decisions about the questions asked, but well yeah--
Good luck with everything!

and a quick fanart coz' this is awesome! <33
IdentFanart.jpg

Candy☆Giants
Regular

#50 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Whoa, is that legit analogue media you're using for the art!? Hardcore!

KiloTango
Regular

#51 Post by KiloTango »

@YuukiCrossPudding: Glad you like it! And aaaa that's so cool! *_* I feel kinda bad I'm not gonna make the deadline when I see how much people are liking it so far, I hope you'll be able to wait for the finished one :)

@VocaloidsRCool: Thanks :)

@CandyGiants: Haha, cheers but it's not actually real natural media, I'm not quite that hardcore unfortunately and I'm going to need to abuse these images too much to do them on paper. But I like trying to make my stuff look like natural-mediaish and grungy cause I just really enjoy that aesthetic. This is all drawn straight into a combo of Photoshop and Manga Studio.

Update: Spent this morning adding some sound effects stuff to the opening so it's got some fun sound design even before I get to the music. Now I'm working on a certain CG that is going to show up quite a lot so I'm going to need it for the demo. Just finished the lines and am taking it into colour now :)
ImageImageImage

KiloTango
Regular

#52 Post by KiloTango »

Didn't get as far as I'd like this weekend, but I think a combo of illness and all the real life things happening is meaning I'm going to have to forgive myself for waaaaay not hitting the deadline (I promise I will finish it, just it turns out March is terrible for me). Ended up having basically no sleep lately for reasons nothing to do with NaNo... I don't want to let people down but I guess I do have to look after my health as well =_=

I did get one CG done and in the mean time, have a wip of another CG that is going to appear quite a lot:
Screenshot 2016-03-21 00.20.32.png
The bricks seemed like a good idea at the time XD
ImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#53 Post by Zelan »

Don't beat yourself up, health definitely comes first. <3 We can wait for as long as it takes.

And gosh dang that's an awful lot of bricks. I admire your perseverance. cx

Candy☆Giants
Regular

#54 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Yeah, take your time! I started a week late myself and my project definitely won't be finished. We'll wait for you — it's a great concept with great art and goodness knows people will stick around for that ♪

Pick_One
Regular

#55 Post by Pick_One »

KiloTango wrote:@Pick_One: Glad you like the look of it so far, and that the colour scheme thing is working. The art is actually pure digital, but using some of Kyle Webster's awesome photoshop brushes.
I was actually wondering what brushes you were using. Thanks for telling me. ^^

The background looks great even if it's kinda rough. Everything just looks coherent and well put together. The limited colors works really well. I can't wait to see the visual effects :)

Those are alot of bricks... must have been fun to do...lol.

I think you should do whatever you can on your own steady pace. So if you don't feel well and possibly start to feel stress out, I think it's better to do less than you normally can do for awhile. Or else it's possible to burnout, which isn't fun for anyone. ;; Besides, I think working on it when you aren't ill will make a better game. You haven't given up nor did you just disappear or went flaky with this, which I think are actually more important than meeting a NaNoRenO deadline. Just my thoughts, hope you feel better soon!