The Love Potion[GxB] [CANCELED]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
*Nanashi
Projects: "You Are My Universe" and "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices"

The Love Potion[GxB] [CANCELED]

#1 Post by *Nanashi »

Unfortunately this game has been cancelled. The writer and I are no longer in contact, ans as this was a creation we did together, it feels wrong for me to continue making it.

♥A Game by Witch Rabbit, our first attempted short Visual Novel otomege.

Story

An untypical story about a typical high school love. Girl likes Boy. Girl scared to tell Boy. Best Friend helps Girl out. Shenanigans ensue.

Characters

Sprite is not complete yet
Sprite is not complete yet
Hikari Chitane

The main heroine. She may look like a typical high school student, but in reality, she really just is a typical high school student. She is a bit of an oddball, but she's pure and honest, so everyone loves her in spite of her actions. She has an uber crush on her childhood friend, and just as big a problem telling him how she feels.

mamo.png
Mamosuke Tetsuo

Hikari's childhood friend/crush. A very sporty young man. He lives and breathes sports. He's on the school basketball team and is very popular because of it. He's a laid-back and easygoing guy, which helps his popularity. He grew up with Hikari and treats her like a younger sister. He picks on her sometimes too. Hikari is unsure of his feelings for her.

megumi.png
Megumi Miyamoto

Hikari's classmate and best friend. She's a bit of an ice queen, rude and standoffish to everyone. She's also very smart, and tends to look down on others. Needless to say, she doesn't have many friends. This is what drew Hikari to befriend her, much to Megumi's dismay. Megumi takes it on herself to help her friend Hikari with her love problems.

♥A free, fluffy love story.

♥Semi-kinetic Visual novel, you make one choice in the game and storyline branches off there for two endings
♥Possible additions depending on time taken to complete

♥The Love Potion♥
Raspberry: Script Writer/Programmer
Nanashi: Sprite artist/CG artist/Programmer
Other potential helpers pending

♥Progress♥
Writing: 15%
Art: 10% (Half of Hikari's sprites/expressions are done, only rough sketches for the others)
Programming: 10%
Last edited by *Nanashi on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

Re: The Love Potion [NaNo16] [GxB]

#2 Post by KiloTango »

The sprite so far is super cute, and I love the idea of a stuffy icequeen character playing matchmaker. This sounds like it will be adorable!
ImageImageImage

*Nanashi
Projects: "You Are My Universe" and "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices"

#3 Post by *Nanashi »

KiloTango wrote:The sprite so far is super cute, and I love the idea of a stuffy icequeen character playing matchmaker. This sounds like it will be adorable!
Thank you so much! Knowing someone likes my sprite work makes me really happy... I hope you will enjoy the game just as much when it comes out!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#4 Post by MimirollCookie »

This is CUTE!
GOOD LUCK!~

*Nanashi

#5 Post by *Nanashi »

MimirollCookie wrote:This is CUTE!
GOOD LUCK!~
Thank you~! ^_^
Good luck to you too!

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#6 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Seems interesting so far!! Can't wait to see more!

Listen, I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you guys need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you guys with this project.

*Nanashi

#7 Post by *Nanashi »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:Seems interesting so far!! Can't wait to see more!

Listen, I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you guys need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you guys with this project.
Thank you for the interest!

There's a lot more to the plot than what's written here, though we falter to really shed any more details on it till we decided what all we want to do for it (We changed Megumi a bit from our planning stages to help have a lot more meaning than what we thought of while rereading what we have so far of it) We currently have the common story mostly done, but since it's so short, we want to add on to it. The endings are the big bulk of the story, as the one choice branch changes how the story progresses a lot!

Anyways, I'll talk about it with Raspberry and PM you later about testing! She makes all the big choices/changes with the story, and as I'm typing this, she's currently asleep. :)

Also, on slightly sad news, my tablet pen stopped working, so I'm waiting on a new one to come in through the next few days. Once It comes in, at the very least I'll have sketches of Megumi and Mamosuke up!

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#8 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Your pen broke during NaNoReno?! Wow, you are really unlucky!! Well, because that kind of thing makes people feel really sad.... I MADE YOU FANART!

Hope you like it! I couldn't help myself, I'm too hyped for the game, haha
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

*Nanashi

#9 Post by *Nanashi »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:Your pen broke during NaNoReno?! Wow, you are really unlucky!! Well, because that kind of thing makes people feel really sad.... I MADE YOU FANART!

Hope you like it! I couldn't help myself, I'm too hyped for the game, haha
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE!!!!! Excuse me for a moment while I go scream....
I LOVE THIS. I ESPECIALLY LOVE HOW FLUFFY HER HAIR IS... <3 You totally made my day omg!

I also just checked my email and it turns out my tablet pen should be at the mail station where I live, so tomorrow I should be back in action for drawing!

I'm really happy you're hyped! I'm really hyped to share this story gosh~

I still can't believe someone would draw such cute fanart for me ;v; Thank you so much!!

*Nanashi

#10 Post by *Nanashi »

My new pen came in but I've had volunteer work most the day... Promised myself I'd at least do a really rough sketch of Mamosuke today though, so here we go! Updated the OP to add the Mamosuke sketch!

As for with writing, the writers been having a hard time with one route, and we spoke quite awhile about it. The other route she knows perfectly how it'll turn out but just has to write out everything.

The two endings by the way will be Mamosuke's ending or Megumi's ending. Megumi's ending can be either subtle yuri or a friendship end, depending on how you want to see it. I personally like them together as a pair 8)

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#11 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Yay, progress! It took a few days but there you go!! I was starting to worry you had decided not to continue -cries- I wonder why in Nanoreno in March. Isn't March a super busy month?
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

*Nanashi

#12 Post by *Nanashi »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:Yay, progress! It took a few days but there you go!! I was starting to worry you had decided not to continue -cries- I wonder why in Nanoreno in March. Isn't March a super busy month?
Yep!! I also woke up really early this morning to draw a sketch of Megumi in the OP~ Now I'll work more on sprites and CG sketches :wink: And no problem! We're definitely gonna finish this game! Even if we don't finish in time, we won't abandon it, because it's pretty special to me and the writer hehe. Yeah I thought the same thing! It's really busy for me at least! I have more volunteer work today, part of why I woke up so early to draw Megumi XD

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#13 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hi, *Nanashi!

Just want to say that this looks really cute. I love the description you wrote for Hikari. Good luck with your NaNoRenO project, Witch Rabbit!