Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] - BETA Completed :D

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] - BETA Completed :D

#1 Post by Miyuu »

Since we've taken every suggestions into consideration, we have finally decided that we're going to have partial voice acting! :) We're recruiting voice actors for each of the character's lines, which shouldn't be too long, with less than 25 lines for each character. Please go to the link below for audition. Thank you! :D - VAs found for all roles, thank you to those who participate in the audition! :D
Genre:
- GxB
- Romance
- Slice of life
- Otome

Synopsis:

This is a story of hopes, dreams and clutching them tightly, never wanting to let them go. However, some things aren't as easy as they sound.

Regina is a talented, semi-famous singer with her own fan base. She's very passionate about singing on stage, and nobody can deny that she has an amazing voice. To her, singing is about conveying messages and her emotions through music.

However, she discovers that she's losing her voice. Every day, her voice gets hoarser and lower in volume. At first, it was just a mild case of laryngitis, but it eventually proves to be much more. She may permanently lose her voice. She becomes more and more depressed.

Meanwhile, the people around Regina are encouraging her by telling her that there's a chance of recovery, or that there are other, new ways she has yet to discover which she can use to express her feelings.

Will she be able to recover? Will she find another medium wherein she can freely express her feelings? Will she find romance and happiness? Or will she fall into the pit of despair?
Character Profile:

Progress:

Writing: 100 % (General route is completed, all of characters' outline completed, writing for Walker's and Layne's routes in progress)
Sprites: 100 % (COMPLETE, including side characters, yay!)
CGs: 50 % (Planning stage +6 CGs done)
BGs: 50 %
GUI: 100 %
Music: 80 %
(4 soundtracks available)
Programming: 100 %
(started test build already, coded some scripts)

*We'll be using some CC BG resources, and some will be drawn by the artist :D *

Our team:

Miyuu: Writer
Attlebridge: Sprite/CG artist
Anne: GUI artist + programming GUI / idea bouncer
Sefir: Programmer
VioletCancer: Composer
gamerbum: Co-writer / editor
Zelan: Idea bouncer / proofreader
EXMED1C: CG artist / BG artist

Hello, this will be my first time entering NaNoReNo, but I'm excited with the event. :D As we have quite a large team now working in various areas, we hope we can succeed in meeting the deadline and deliver a memorable game for everyone. Happy NaNo-ing to everyone, wish us luck and success with this project! :D

Guest art: Thank you Mimirollcookie for the placeholder logo http://i.imgur.com/2X76d8L.jpg. :)

Questions:

- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?
- Which character would you be interested in knowing more about?
- Would you still be interested in playing the game if it had no CGs? The game will have CGs! :D
- Do you have any suggestions, or is there any special content you'd like to see in the game?
Last edited by Miyuu on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 19 times in total.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Iris Dream [NaNo 2016][GxB][Otome][Romance][Slice of Lif

#2 Post by runeraccoon »

- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing it once it's done?
Sure, I think I'd like to try playing it. Usually I come for the art and stay for the story, though, so hopefully both will be good~

- Which character would you be interested to know more?
The heroine, for her choices, and Sieg. Because of his name. Sieghart from Rave I can't

- Would you still be interested to play the game even without CGs?
Yes! As long as the sprites are properly cleaned and don't clash with BG, I think it's acceptable.

- Is there any suggestion or something different that you'd like to see in the game?
Ideally, lots of music + songs with lyrics + Regina's voice actress. Because that seems to be the theme of the VN. :)
LMAO okay only half kidding. I think I'd like to see this kind of conversation flags implemented?

Good luck for your game, because I think we're in the same predicament now hahaha.

Attlebridge
Tumblr: omglaila
Deviantart: cospigeon

#3 Post by Attlebridge »

Here are my character designs* for our project. :3
*final sprite colours and fine details may differ.

Miyuu
Regular

#4 Post by Miyuu »

fuicchi wrote:- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing it once it's done?
Sure, I think I'd like to try playing it. Usually I come for the art and stay for the story, though, so hopefully both will be good~

- Which character would you be interested to know more?
The heroine, for her choices, and Sieg. Because of his name. Sieghart from Rave I can't

- Would you still be interested to play the game even without CGs?
Yes! As long as the sprites are properly cleaned and don't clash with BG, I think it's acceptable.

- Is there any suggestion or something different that you'd like to see in the game?
Ideally, lots of music + songs with lyrics + Regina's voice actress. Because that seems to be the theme of the VN. :)
LMAO okay only half kidding. I think I'd like to see this kind of conversation flags implemented?

Good luck for your game, because I think we're in the same predicament now hahaha.
Thank you for answering. :D I hope the game will meet (or exceed xD) your expectations.

Oh no, Sieghart from Rave is one of my favourite characters in Rave too, besides Plue the weird creature. xD I haven't read the manga in a while now, it's gotta be one of the best storyline ever, with the right amount of action and comedy.

I'm glad you'd play it, since people sometimes want to see CGs and they will be turned off when there's zero CG.

xD There will be soundtracks, yes, but I'll see about songs and voice acting, since I have no plans to implement them yet. :'D As for conversation flags, looks like a good challenge, hopefully we can cater to that. :D

Eevee.avg

#5 Post by Eevee.avg »

- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?
I like it, id totally like to play it!

Walker seems very cute, i think he is my favorite so far

- Would you still be interested in playing the game if it had no CGs?
CGs are nice of course, but i dont mind not having them if i like the story/characters enough

- Do you have any suggestions, or is there any special content you'd like to see in the game?
Um... I cant think of anything to specific but Id like to see the romance options interact with each other in fun/interesting ways, instead of only with the MC

Good luck!!

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

#6 Post by Kinmoku »

Oooh I love the character concepts :D Really nice!

Yeah, I think it will be a really interesting story to tell :) I'd love to see how it plays out.

Layne and Seig. The main character sounds interesting as well.

I think so, but one or two would be nice XD

Cool music. Layne dancing. A really well written story exploring Regina's depression.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#7 Post by MimirollCookie »

Ah, you post the character sheets. :)
That will make the WiP thread more interesting to look at. Good luck with your NaNo!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#8 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Wow, okay. It's definitely rare that I see the cast of LIs and love them all. I just. (Also I immediately crushed on Sieg bc that hair man that hair I love) (I also love his personality jaoiwehoriawhrea AND WALKER. I love those two.)

YES. I actually love the idea. It's just... It really makes me wonder what the other characters can bring to the table, you know. I really like it, and I definitely will play it.

ALL AHAHAHA. I really do like them all.

Of course! CGs are like-- kind of like cinnamon to my coffee. It adds something, but coffee without it is still a damn good drink.

LOTS OF CHARACTER MOMENTS PLEASE. Also-- can I have the ability to talk to other characters other than the one I'm pursuing without ruining my chance for the ending? (aka having the points to get the romantic ending to be a bit lower so I can spend some time with others??)
It's probably asking for a lot lmao but yeAH I just find that the theme might fit some friendship themes alongside the romance so.......
But of course, finish the baseline first.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by MimirollCookie »

I think I like the premise, the story made my heart wrenched! :cry:
Walker. He looks like RalphSenpai! :lol:
Yep. Totally, because of the story, i guess? :3 :wink:
I just want to see an ending where she lost her voice but everyone still loved her. :cry:

Miyuu
Regular

#10 Post by Miyuu »

Eevee.avg wrote:- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?
I like it, id totally like to play it!

Walker seems very cute, i think he is my favorite so far

CGs are nice of course, but i dont mind not having them if i like the story/characters enough

Um... I cant think of anything to specific but Id like to see the romance options interact with each other in fun/interesting ways, instead of only with the MC

Good luck!!
Thank you for the suggestion, for looking forward to this and the luck, I need them all! xD I do want them to interact with each other rather than the MC with the love interests alone. :D
Kinmoku wrote:Oooh I love the character concepts :D Really nice!

Yeah, I think it will be a really interesting story to tell :) I'd love to see how it plays out.

Layne and Seig. The main character sounds interesting as well.

I think so, but one or two would be nice XD

Cool music. Layne dancing. A really well written story exploring Regina's depression.
Thank you, Attlebridge is a great artist! :D Thank you for the suggestion! We have a composer ready for the event, so look forward to some good music. :D I'll keep in mind regarding exploring her depression, I hope it's up to your expectation. :)
Ghost of Crux wrote:Wow, okay. It's definitely rare that I see the cast of LIs and love them all. I just. (Also I immediately crushed on Sieg bc that hair man that hair I love) (I also love his personality jaoiwehoriawhrea AND WALKER. I love those two.)

YES. I actually love the idea. It's just... It really makes me wonder what the other characters can bring to the table, you know. I really like it, and I definitely will play it.

ALL AHAHAHA. I really do like them all.

Of course! CGs are like-- kind of like cinnamon to my coffee. It adds something, but coffee without it is still a damn good drink.

LOTS OF CHARACTER MOMENTS PLEASE. Also-- can I have the ability to talk to other characters other than the one I'm pursuing without ruining my chance for the ending? (aka having the points to get the romantic ending to be a bit lower so I can spend some time with others??)
It's probably asking for a lot lmao but yeAH I just find that the theme might fit some friendship themes alongside the romance so.......
But of course, finish the baseline first.
Thank you, I'm so glad you like all the characters! :D There will be character moments, and i do plan on adding scenes for the romance interests to talk together. It's more of a linear VN than dating sims though, so pick the right choices. xD That's a good suggestion, I like seeing platonic relationship in VNs too, so might implement it here. :D
MimirollCookie wrote:Ah, you post the character sheets. :)
That will make the WiP thread more interesting to look at. Good luck with your NaNo!

I think I like the premise, the story made my heart wrenched! :cry:
Walker. He looks like RalphSenpai! :lol:
Yep. Totally, because of the story, i guess? :3 :wink:
I just want to see an ending where she lost her voice but everyone still loved her. :cry:
Thank you, good luck to your NaNo project too! :D
Thank you for the suggestion! That would actually make a pretty good ending imo. :)

Thank you for the support and suggestions, our team is grateful and appreciative for the support we have received. :D We'll continue to work hard so we can meet everyone's expectation. I really thought it would be a turn off without CGs, but thank you for proving otherwise. :) Even without CGs, we will try to polish this game as good as it can be. We've also taken every suggestions into consideration, so please look forward to it! :D

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hello Miyuu! I would like to make a placeholder logo for you if that's okay. :)

Miyuu
Regular

#12 Post by Miyuu »

MimirollCookie wrote:Hello Miyuu! I would like to make a placeholder logo for you if that's okay. :)
Really? That's generous of you, thank you. :D

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#13 Post by Harliqueen »

Very much so!

Layne sounds pretty interesting, but looking forward to learning more about them all :D

Sure. Usually if the story is well written then I don't even notice if it has little art and things!

Not sure, everything sounds awesome, and I am in love with the character designs. Seriously love the colours used.

Good luck with NaNo!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hello Miyuu!
Here's what I made. I hope you like it. :oops:
sketch-1457142177060-1-1.jpg
(I know it's not pretty.)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Miyuu
Regular

#15 Post by Miyuu »

Harliqueen wrote:- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?
Very much so!

Layne sounds pretty interesting, but looking forward to learning more about them all :D

Sure. Usually if the story is well written then I don't even notice if it has little art and things!

Not sure, everything sounds awesome, and I am in love with the character designs. Seriously love the colours used.

Good luck with NaNo!
Thank you for the support, we really appreciate it. :D
MimirollCookie wrote:Hello Miyuu!
Here's what I made. I hope you like it. :oops:
(I know it's not pretty.)
Thank you, it's pretty cute and clever, using mic as the 'i'. I'll use it as placeholder logo for now. :D
It's pretty cute though, and it's a good start for logo making. :D