Is it wrong to date the demon lord? [Nano'16] [GxG, fantasy]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Omega_93
Regular

Is it wrong to date the demon lord? [Nano'16] [GxG, fantasy]

#1 Post by Omega_93 »

Overview
Is it wrong to date the demon lord? is a fantasy visual novel set in the fictional kingdom of Morningstar. 100 years ago, the portal of Argoth opened up and the demon lord came forth, calling 'his' demonic army with him. Now, in the present, the people of Morningstar are plagued by the relentless pillaging and slaughtering at the hands of the rampant and wild demons.
Pushed to their very limit, the Morningstar royal army launches a last ditch attack against the Demon lord's fortress. Lucia Lionheart, a knight sworn to the royal family, is among those who will act as the vanguard and infiltrate the enemy's lair, but when they get there, they'll be met with an unexpected surprise...

Is it wrong to date the demon lord? will have three routes, one for each heroine, with their own unique ending. A single choice early on in the game will decide which route the player reads.
Characters
Lucia Lionheart
A knight of the Morningstar army, Lucia trained since childhood with the express goal of killing every demon in the world and avenging her murdered family. She sacrificed every happiness in her life to better herself in pursuit of that goal. Spends every waking moment thinking about her ambitions, stewing in her hatred. No time for rest or leisure, there is only 'the mission'.

Qarinah, the demon lord
A carefree, fun-loving demon lord. Has the powers of a god, immortality and near invincibility, so doesn’t really care for anything around her, deeming it all inconsequential. Never really under threat. She spent five thousand years under the watchful tutelage of the archdemons, and now she's made her way to the mortal plain she has no intention of letting anyone else tell her what to do. For some reason, this all powerful demon has become interested in Lucia. Why? That's what Lucia would like to know!

Frieda Cantrell
A hyper-serious, if a little naive, young witch. Takes everything people say literally, but is often naive about simple things that don’t involve magic or fighting demons. A bit aloof and clumsy, but very very powerful when it comes to magic. Spends her time training and searching for information on the dragons she believes kidnapped her beloved younger sister. She and Lucia form a close team, fighting against the demons who dare to attack near the capital city.

Adriana Morningstar
A joking, jesting and jovial personality. Likes to have fun and act as she did in the past, shirking away and shying from any duties people try to push on her. A cheerful and confident person as fitting of her station, but doesn’t like the hollow and fake interactions her royalty brings. Sees Lucia as one of the few people who act honestly with her (or used to, before her family were killed).

Team
Writer and director: Omega_93
Sprite and CG art: Darksin
GUI: We are looking for a GUI designer to help us out!

Everything else: We will be using creative commons assets for the BG art and Background music of the novel, but if anyone out there is interested in helping out the project in any capacity, feel free to drop me a message~
Last edited by Omega_93 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

bretuile
Projects: Silverbark Willow

Re: Is it wrong to date the demon lord? [Nano'16] [GxG, fant

#2 Post by bretuile »

The story seems very interesting, and fantasy settings are my personal favorites. I love Qarinah's look :twisted: - really excited to see what the finished character art looks like.
🌿Silverbark Willow🌿

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#3 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

Oooh! The concept looks interesting!!! Especially the art and it's GXG!! Good luck with NaNo!

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#4 Post by Seigetsu »

The art looks amazing. It reminds me of Claymore. I'm also a sucker for fantasy, so the plot really interests me as well. A three routes game for nanoreno seems quite ambitious, but if you can really pull it off, I think it's going to be a great game to play. I'm really hyped up about this!

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#5 Post by Razz »

I love darksins art~ Best of luck!

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#6 Post by Alcor »

This looks interesting, and I have a weakness for VNs involving demons! The art is looking absolutely fantastic as well. I hope you find a GUI artist! (I'd offer to help if I wasn't so swamped already ^_^; )

Best of luck, and looking forward to this one!

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#7 Post by Kumiho »

Omg,,, I love demon lord - romancing stories (akdl;ja that pretty much sums up my childhood, honestly),,, and the art is wayyy too gorgeous *u* Good luck! Def looking forward to this!

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#8 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Oooooh, so instead of dating 3 different characters as the same MainCharacter, the MC changes depending on the choice and thus dates the Demon Lord! WOW! That's really cool!
It's actually like the Demon Lord is the protagonist, and you are actually the support character getting to know her! It feels like Suzumiya Haruhi, that's super cool.
I guess well get to know different things about her depending on the character we are playing as. I really want to play now, wow.

How long will this be? Will there be other choices, even if they don't change the ending? Will there be a hiden route only achiable when the 3 previous are completed that wraps up all the story and reveals the last secrets??
I'm so hyped, wow!

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.