The Phantom of the Hospital [GxG/B][Comedy, Romance] [2016]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: The Phantom of the Hospital [GxG/B][Comedy, Romance] [20

#16 Post by Didules »

Zelan wrote:That logo is lovely; very eye-catching. I like the concept as well! I'm always a fan of comedy anything so count me in.

I think the hospital room looks fine (although admittedly I haven't been inside a hospital in like 7 years so who knows). The textbox looks cool as well - simple but fits the theme. (I like the second font size as well.)
Thanks a lot for the feedback!! :D Following you feedback, the font is now slightly bigger than it used to be, so thank you :)

Update:
The first BG is over, there's still the night version to do though. The second one is moving forward quite nicely, it should be done by the end of the week! I may still tweak them a little, because I'm not so sure about the orange color, and it looks too bright on my laptop, but just normal on my other computer, so which one is it? :lol:
I'm also working quite a bit on the GUI, I thought it was working but it's completely messed up and bugged :lol: (I'm crying inside of my head) I'll try to fix it before sunday as well, so next update friday?

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#17 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Ohh myyyyy gooooood! That background is greaaaat!! I'm so jealous!! Did you use Google Sketchup or is it completly drawn?
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Didules
Veteran

#18 Post by Didules »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:Ohh myyyyy gooooood! That background is greaaaat!! I'm so jealous!! Did you use Google Sketchup or is it completly drawn?
Google's ketchup? Haha, sorry for the bad joke, I actually didn't know what it was before looking it on the internet :lol: It's completely drawn, though Clip Studio Paint really helps with the perspective lines :)

Update time!
The whole UI is done and it's not buggy anymore !
Screen5.png
Screen5.png
Screen6.png
I'm now fully working on making the choice box customized (never done this before) and making Helena's sprite appear on the textbox! I hope to finish it before the end of the week-end!
On another note, our second writer now has some free time and is back in the game, while I'll be a bit out of it for some time (RL), so it'll be all the more challenging!
Last edited by Didules on Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#19 Post by Elze »

Oooo I like the story idea so far, and that logo is very pretty. I'll be keeping an eye on this! :'D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

Oh my gosh, that UI is awesome! :D Nice work!

Didules
Veteran

#21 Post by Didules »

Elze wrote:Oooo I like the story idea so far, and that logo is very pretty. I'll be keeping an eye on this! :'D
Thanks a lot!! :D Then we hope you'll enjoy the game when it's done!!
Zelan wrote:Oh my gosh, that UI is awesome! :D Nice work!
Thanks a thousand times, since the UI isn't our forte :lol: I have to admit I did quite a lot of research before doing anything though!

Update!
I finished coding the custom choice box! It is yet unknown if it'll work witht he actual script (yeah, "gniegniegnie" is a wonderful placeholder, I know :oops: )
Also after checking with the team and ingame, Mel will have a closer shot for her CG too, since we want people to enjoy her sprite! And finally I got to code 2 sprites of Helena to see if the fit ingame, and they do, yay! (enjoy below the grace and elegant expression of our MC :lol: ) I hope these will be the last ingame screenshots with dialogue placeholders!
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen1.png
What's left to do:
  • -The 2 ending CGs
    -Finish the script (next week or so)
    -Code the whole thing
What we may do:
  • -Maybe one more sprite (a nurse sprite)
    -1 or 2 CG if we have the time?
Also I put the itch.io page on public mode, it's very similar to the first post of this topic though, just with cleaner screenshots (no "gniegniegnie" placeholder ones) :wink:

Didules
Veteran

#22 Post by Didules »

Update!

After a hard week, inbetween two exams, here is the second background: Helena's bedroom inside the hospital. Ok now artistic licentiousness, this would definitely not be permitted as a hospital room :lol: This will be where most of the story happens, and where it'll begin too. Helena wakes up in a hospital room...
Bedroom-D.jpg
Clip Studio really helps with putting the perspective lines but there are actually tons of things that are wrong, haha :lol: :| :( :cry:
Well, maybe it should do for a NaNoRenO, but I'll remember to get better for other games!
Both BG will have a night variation, but since it'll mainly be editing the already done BG, I may not show it. During the Week End I'll try to work on the CG to show something (not spoilery, I promise!). Maybe you'd rather see the BG variations though?

On another note, the first draft of the script is done, we are reviewing, rewriting bits, we hope to start to code it during the next 5-6 days of March (because of RL and because rewriting needs some time). :)
Last edited by Didules on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Didules
Veteran

#23 Post by Didules »

Update:
We finally decided to add a sprite for the ultra-secondary character: the nurse! XD
New canvas.jpg
She has very few scenes and dialogues, but it feels more immersive to have all character on screen :)
All BG are done too, yay!
I've started working seriously on the CG, they will have variations (because immersion, and since we're planning only 2 CG, they definitely have to be high quality D= I cannot show much in order to avoid spoilers, but here is a sneak peek very drafty and cropped so that you absolutely don't understand anything X)
MEL1.png
Actually the CG is a bit more finished (lined), but I really don't want to show too much...
A few parts of the game are coded :D Maybe we'll be in time :)

What's left to do:
-The 2 ending CGs
-Proofread the script
-Code the whole thing
What we may do:
-More CG?

Didules
Veteran

#24 Post by Didules »

Update!
This may be the last update before the release (on april the 1st or the 2nd, let's keep our finger crossed :lol: ).
All CG are done, the script has been proofread (twice), and I've started coding the game (huuuuh, there are so many expressions to code it's actually painful :shock: )
We also still need the SFX and the musics, but we're working hard on finding those ones!
Here you are to tease you a bit: a sneak peek of one of the CG (Mel's one, in case you didn't notice XD)
CG.png
Here are also a few screenshots from ingame I've put on itch yesterday, in full size if you click (because I'm fed up of showing 800px screens!):
screen8.png
screen10.png
See you soon (geez, I'm so excited >w<)