❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy|Nano2016]

#16 Post by Marionette »

The art for this game is adorable. :3

(Also am i the only one who really wants to know what the deal is with the cat on stilts?!)

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Unichan! [Fantasy|Comedy|Nano2016]

#17 Post by Weenily »

Nana7 wrote:At first I thought it would be a very difficult approach, but untill now I didn't have any problems (despite the fact that she's a child, so I'm having a little trouble with it, but I'm mastering the skills of a child! :lol:). I'm having fun! I think the world is such a mess that these kind of stories, as well as kittens videos, for example, can bring some smiles xD

I'm laughing at you using his full name at all opportunities! This will soon be a thing!

As far as I'm concerned, the references aren't there, but I don't know about the future ;O We have another project that it's on hold in the moment (because of Nanoreno), but you can see some images in our Twitter page! It's called Keylocker.

We'll try and upload the tumblr more, with more information and insights on the devlog, so I'm sorry that you encountered just a bunch of randomness! :lol: That sprite needs some retouch, since the wings aren't in a contrasting color, and her hat is bigger than the other one, but the idea remains xD And thank you!

She's important ;O I can tell you that she's a cute old lady! :3

And, are you participating in Nanoreno as well? ;O
LOL good luck trying to write a child! I have a very childish personality so I like writing kids more than adults >7<. True, true! The world needs more unicorns and kittens!

Of course! You gave him such a good name, how can I not say it in full? <3

Keylocker looks really cool! I definitely love dystopias. The dealer has such an awesome design!

!!! Sounds exciting! Haha it's cool, I love seeing all types of development. Good luck to the artist!

CUTEST OLD LADY... but will her name be as good as Sir Little Popcorn Basket the Third's?

I'm not participating this year, but I hope to next year!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#18 Post by Elze »

AAAaaa everything looks like cotton candy and marshmallows this is too cute for my heart ///
I'll be keeping an eye on this!

► Do you like the concept of the story?
The premise seems really fluffy and cute too.

► What are your thoughts on the characters?
Everyone is so cute, I'm loving the art style and their descriptions so far! Even their names are made of win gosh <3

► Would you be interested in a longer version of the game with possible routes?
Definitely!

► What are your suggestions regarding the script?
A fluffy whimsical magical writing style would be nice!

► What are your suggestions regarding the art?
Have more pretty stuff? I love it so far~

► Any critique? Questions?
Not at the moment, but do post more art!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#19 Post by MimirollCookie »

-Yes!!! So fluffy and cute! It's heartwarming!
-Melusine? Why did you made her voice sounded bad? She looks like an angel. :cry: Anyway Sir Little Popcorn Basket III is so cute! Unicorns are my favorite! The cat on stilts is cute too! (Gosh, that tomato)
Yes!
Make it fluffy and make people cry( because of laughing!)
Nothing! Just keep it cute, ok? :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#20 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

This is interesting and also extremly cute, I want to help that unicorn already.

I'm a little worried about the color palette you are using though. It feels like the colors don't go well with each other and are surpridingly neon-ish, when I was expecting something more pastel like. Is this on purpouse?

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

#21 Post by Nana7 »

Marionette wrote:The art for this game is adorable. :3

(Also am i the only one who really wants to know what the deal is with the cat on stilts?!)
Marionetto-san! ;O
Thank you <3

(I want to know two, this cat is a mystery even to myself!)
Weenily wrote:LOL good luck trying to write a child! I have a very childish personality so I like writing kids more than adults >7<. True, true! The world needs more unicorns and kittens!

Of course! You gave him such a good name, how can I not say it in full? <3

Keylocker looks really cool! I definitely love dystopias. The dealer has such an awesome design!

!!! Sounds exciting! Haha it's cool, I love seeing all types of development. Good luck to the artist!

CUTEST OLD LADY... but will her name be as good as Sir Little Popcorn Basket the Third's?

I'm not participating this year, but I hope to next year!
My inner child is more of an outer child two, so it's a loveable challenge <3 I'm more used to some kind of villains, though, like Izaya from Durarara. I'm really good with these ones, I can enter this kind of mind more easily (maybe because I'm a dark villain from the underworld? xD).

Maybe tutorials like this help me out, to be a good vilain.

Ok, seriously now xD
Thank you! The dealer will have two options, being it a girl or a guy, but I'm considering this yet, since it will be hard to be written in neutral language (but I would like to introduce it to the plot, since I don't want to distinguish people by gender in this story)

I don't know her name yet, we've been calling her just 'cat'. I think if her name pops out of nowhere like Sir's did, then it should be a great name (or maybe an awful one, we'll see xD)

I'll wait for you next year! Sir little popcorn basket, the third and Melusine will be cheering for you with great songs! <3
Elze wrote:AAAaaa everything looks like cotton candy and marshmallows this is too cute for my heart ///
I'll be keeping an eye on this!

The premise seems really fluffy and cute too.

Everyone is so cute, I'm loving the art style and their descriptions so far! Even their names are made of win gosh <3

Definitely!

A fluffy whimsical magical writing style would be nice!

Have more pretty stuff? I love it so far~

Not at the moment, but do post more art!
It's a depiction of the Fluffy Marshmallow land! ;O

Thanksssss <3

I'm definitely trying to produce this whimsical feel! The characters seem really fluffy untill now (but I only written 1 chapter, so...)

The pretty stuff will continue to come, for sure <3 We'll be posting some bgs today! Thanks for your interest, we promise to keep the devlog going through this topic! <3

MimirollCookie wrote:► Do you like the concept of the story?
-Yes!!! So fluffy and cute! It's heartwarming!
-Melusine? Why did you made her voice sounded bad? She looks like an angel. :cry: Anyway Sir Little Popcorn Basket III is so cute! Unicorns are my favorite! The cat on stilts is cute too! (Gosh, that tomato)
Yes!
Make it fluffy and make people cry( because of laughing!)
Nothing! Just keep it cute, ok? :)
Ohhh, I'm sorry! It's necessary for the plot, but this won't spoil the story, I promise!

I love the tomato hat, the cutest design! <3

I'm laughing a lot writing it, but I have a weird comedy sense, so I don't know! :lol:

The art will keep it cuteness, be assured! :3
Hi.In.Ni wrote:This is interesting and also extremly cute, I want to help that unicorn already.

I'm a little worried about the color palette you are using though. It feels like the colors don't go well with each other and are surpridingly neon-ish, when I was expecting something more pastel like. Is this on purpouse?

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
I want to help him too! Sometimes I just want to enter in the story and live there forever. xD

The neon-ish in some points are on purpose. In this way, the art can have some 'shine' in the bits selected by the artist. What palettes in specific you don't like? The artist was kinda experimenting and seeing what fits one another, so it could have some errors, but I think it fits the concept for me now.

We would love your help, since it's our first time doing it, and I'm not really experienced in writing (I'm studying contemporary arts, nothing related to writing, but I love writing)! I'll pm you asap!

Nana7
Regular

#22 Post by Nana7 »

So these are some Bgs our artist made this weekend :3

Devlog about the art:

- 3 more sprites to go. Our artist wants to make one more, but this will be discussed after the main arts is completed.
- The CGs and chibi arts will be done after all the main bgs and sprites are done. If he can't do it all in time, the CGs will be included in the game after launch, as a patch version.
- The main menu art will be done last. We've been discussing how it will be, but nothing was decided yet. Maybe the GUI will have to wait for the main art.
- The expressions will be done after the script is done. The artist wants to know how many expressions for every situation he'll need.

The writing:

- Chapter 1 is done with 2.000 words. Maybe some more details will be included before sending for proof reading, but I'll be sending next week (tomorrow probably).
- Chapter 2 is being written and will be sent next week too.
- All main events were decided.

The GUI:

- Waiting for some assets. My pc is broken, so I'll have to wait, until I can use Photoshop again.

Soundtrack:

- We've been contacting the music guy, but he isn't answering much, I think he's just busy, but I'm worried. xD

Programming:

- Started to implement some aspects of the GUI that were already done. Will implement chapter 1 after proof reading.

AlceX

#23 Post by AlceX »

Looking great! Love the art style, those backgrounds are awesome. Things sound like they're advancing mostly well from your devlog, looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Nana7
Regular

#24 Post by Nana7 »

AlceX wrote:Looking great! Love the art style, those backgrounds are awesome. Things sound like they're advancing mostly well from your devlog, looking forward to seeing how this progresses!
Thank you! They're advancing! We heard from our musician today, he may be sending some song to us tomorrow! :lol: We'll be posting all the progress here and in our twitter page. :3

Weenily
Regular

#25 Post by Weenily »

THAT WIKIHOW OMG

Sir Little Popcorn Basket the Third as Izaya xD

Ooh, that's cool! You could use they/them/their or xe/xem/xyr as gender neutral pronouns?

Haha awful names are usually great!

;o; Thank you, I'm even more motivated to participate next year now!! <3 That's a really sweet thing for a dark villain from the underworld to say haha.

ALSO THOSE BACKGROUNDS ARE REALLY NICE!!! I love the art style so much!! They're so creative and they feel so much like a picture book gosh. The colors and perspective are really interesting.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Nana7
Regular

#26 Post by Nana7 »

Weenily wrote:THAT WIKIHOW OMG

Ooh, that's cool! You could use they/them/their or xe/xem/xyr as gender neutral pronouns?

;o; Thank you, I'm even more motivated to participate next year now!! <3 That's a really sweet thing for a dark villain from the underworld to say haha.

ALSO THOSE BACKGROUNDS ARE REALLY NICE!!! I love the art style so much!! They're so creative and they feel so much like a picture book gosh. The colors and perspective are really interesting.
IM CRYING, OMG, OMG, THIS IS THE BEST DRAWING EVER

HIS LITTLE PAW IN THE CELLPHONE, SO CUTEEEE. I really loved his little fluffy thing (?) in the paw. It looks like a sock XD
IM LAUGHING SO HARD I MIGHT DIE FROM HAPPINESS (?)

He depicts the character perfectly! His little face, ohmygod, so fluffy :lol:

I think so! I kind have some of these neutral pronous archived with me so I could use it. English sure can provide more of these!

I'm also the queen of cuteness kingdom (?) I may have Multiple personalities ;0 One of them is really fond of Doves, for example.

Our artist is really releasing his inner child for these. I love those trees! They're so expressive in some way (?)

anglerman
Tumblr: bububububu
Deviantart: ezeldav

#27 Post by anglerman »

Hello, Unichan's artist here!
Weenily wrote:THAT WIKIHOW OMG

Loved that drawing so much I had to make a sequel to it (?)
If Mei can't teach Poppy, then he'll fly by force! Literally.

Weenily
Regular

#28 Post by Weenily »

Nana7 wrote:IM CRYING, OMG, OMG, THIS IS THE BEST DRAWING EVER

HIS LITTLE PAW IN THE CELLPHONE, SO CUTEEEE. I really loved his little fluffy thing (?) in the paw. It looks like a sock XD
IM LAUGHING SO HARD I MIGHT DIE FROM HAPPINESS (?)

He depicts the character perfectly! His little face, ohmygod, so fluffy :lol:

I think so! I kind have some of these neutral pronous archived with me so I could use it. English sure can provide more of these!

I'm also the queen of cuteness kingdom (?) I may have Multiple personalities ;0 One of them is really fond of Doves, for example.

Our artist is really releasing his inner child for these. I love those trees! They're so expressive in some way (?)
LMAO I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT!! doves are awesome
anglerman wrote:Hello, Unichan's artist here!
Loved that drawing so much I had to make a sequel to it (?)
If Mei can't teach Poppy, then he'll fly by force! Literally.
OH MY G O D I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD WHEN I SAW THIS!! THEY BOTH LOOK SO ADORABLE THEIR EXPRESSIONS ARE HILARIOU S. I LOVE HOW SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD IS JSUT LIKE :0 can this be canon

Nana7
Regular

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy|Nano2016] (+BGS up)

#29 Post by Nana7 »

PS: He's cosplaying Leia!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy|Friendship♡Nano2016] (+BGS

#30 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Like your backgrounds - the style and the colouring.