❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

#61 Post by Nana7 »

【Kirin-Chan】 wrote:I played it! The intro was very... interesting, and in a good way! :lol: The gui was well made too!

► Do you like the concept of the story?

I do! It's very interesting that children before the age of ten can speak to unicorns :lol:

► What are your thoughts on the characters?

The character designs are too cute~ Melusine's wings are adorabblleeee

► Would you be interested in a longer version of the game with possible routes?

Sure! But, what kind of routes?

► What are your suggestions regarding the script?

Er... Nothing, I can't really think of anything.

► What are your suggestions regarding the art?

The art is already good the way it is, to be honest.

► Any critique? Questions?

Melusine's side image is a bit too small and is cut off, feels kinda weird to look at it.
I'm glad you liked our intro and the gui! XD We plan on changing some details in it, tho.

We were thinking about doing another Unichan for Nano next year. It isn't an 'official' thing on the team, but we were thinking about it. The routes could come in this new Unichan, but we don't know if we would do several endings or just a kinect with choices (choices that would change the script, but not the outcomes). For the first option, the choices would lead to different endings, nothing too serious, just a thing for fun, and more interaction (although I like kinects a lot too! XD). We're still working on it, so I'm sorry I couldn't be more clear.

We're planning on changing the side images. Since we didn't have the time for Nano, we couldn't properly make special side images! I'm sorry >_< The new ones will be just the head of Melusine, in chibi version. I think I can show it to you today, if everything works out with our artist.

Thank you all for the critique! We'll be posting a devlog here today, finally, after a long time. We're still working hard to release the game asap! :3

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

#62 Post by Nana7 »

I'm sorry for the lack of updates! My classes in college started again, and I'm really busy right now. The only time I have, I use with Unichan, so I can't even update you guys here, but I'm active in our twitter account!

I'll just post quickly before going to college, showing you some of the changes in the game, and updating you about the release. :3

- Some BGs were revamped;
- The chibi scenes from chapter 1 (demo) was revamped too, and now we added some new 'elements' to it (a little 'animated' feel);
- New side images;
- The script probably will have 26,000 words, since now we have 14,000 done;
- Chapter 1 (from the demo) and 2 are fully implemented, now we're heading to 3. I think we'll have it implemented by the end of the week;
- We had to change a lot of details in chapter 1, so it was like implementing it again XD;
- We have all the songs done untill chapter 4. We only need chapter 5 and 6 songs now;
- Some new scenes were added, now that our artist did most of the work, he's taking his time with the scenes;
- I'll be working in SFX and chapter 4 now during the week;
- We can finish all the aspects of the game by may (including scripts), but we'll still be needing proof reading, so the release may be delayed because of that. It's better for us to have the script fully proof-readed before releasing it, so we'll be waiting anyways!

Now, check the phases of the Amusement park, and the final version! >XD

And this is the new chibi scene from chapter 1, and the new side image:

We took april off as vacation for the team, so we did almost nothing in this month! But we're back. :3