❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
PrangCezca
Organization: Classical Projects

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (ART UP! 22/03)

#46 Post by PrangCezca »

UNICORNS.... I'M SO DEAD.

Pick_One
Regular

#47 Post by Pick_One »

Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third 's boots and tophat are adorable. Wonder where they came from? X] I'm actually picturing a cute scene about this. Hahaha. Melusine is looking nice with those wings. :)

I like the CG scene. Really like that texture effect border and the way everything is colored. It looks cute despite Mel's crying face. I mean I find her expression cute. lol.

Aww...the chibi image is cute too. I like their poses and expressions here. :)

I like how the background is drawn. It got this sort of a dynamic feel of a style. It's looking good!

Aww... more cuteness overload. I like Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third 's happy and sad faces. ^^

The sprite for Gregor looks really good. Nice colors. :)

I know that you're still working on the stuff for the textbox, but I'll just say that I think the name for who is talking, might be kinda hard to see. Or atleast after reading through the stuff in the dialogue for some time, it might start to confuse some people about who is talking? It's just a possibility, but if no one feels this way, then you can just ignore what I said. ^^;

Good luck with finishing this! Progress is looking good! ^_^

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

#48 Post by Nana7 »

Doodled wrote:Oh wow, it looks beautiful so far.
Thank you, Doodled! Means a lot coming from our composer! xD
PrangCezca wrote:UNICORNS.... I'M SO DEAD.
Don't die just yet! Wait for 8th april! :3

Pick_One wrote:Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third 's boots and tophat are adorable. Wonder where they came from? X] I'm actually picturing a cute scene about this. Hahaha. Melusine is looking nice with those wings. :)

I like the CG scene. Really like that texture effect border and the way everything is colored. It looks cute despite Mel's crying face. I mean I find her expression cute. lol.

Aww...the chibi image is cute too. I like their poses and expressions here. :)

I like how the background is drawn. It got this sort of a dynamic feel of a style. It's looking good!

Aww... more cuteness overload. I like Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third 's happy and sad faces. ^^

The sprite for Gregor looks really good. Nice colors. :)

I know that you're still working on the stuff for the textbox, but I'll just say that I think the name for who is talking, might be kinda hard to see. Or atleast after reading through the stuff in the dialogue for some time, it might start to confuse some people about who is talking? It's just a possibility, but if no one feels this way, then you can just ignore what I said. ^^;

Good luck with finishing this! Progress is looking good! ^_^
Hohohohoh, you'll know it's origin soon! :lol:

I like her wings too! *-* Although we only did this sprite with the wings appearing...!

The texture effect is being used in all our bgs. Since we don't really know how to do bgs for VNs we thought of including this effect in all of them to make them fit together more easily. xD

Dynamic feel? I would like to know more about that!

Gregor's colors were specially selected by our artist (I didn't gave any advice in this!), so he'll be really glad to know you liked it xD

I'm actually thinking about what you said and this makes sense. Maybe it would look better in the top? So it won't be confusing to the reader. I was actually thinking about Juniper's knot textbox: https://gareblogs.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -50-88.jpg but it has only the menu under, so it may be confusing for the name of the character to be there...

Thank you so much for your kind words!
❥❥❥

Nana7
Regular

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEVLOG UP! 29/03

#49 Post by Nana7 »

Sooo, for one more update:

♦ + 3 bgs, we just need 3 more bgs and we're done!
♦ The sprites for Mei are finished!
♦ Now our artist can focus on expressions, since the sprites for the main characters are done.
♦ The linearts are done for 2 more CGs, that will be finished in the weekend.
♦ We need one more sprite for one more character, but it won't need expresions, and it's very simple.
♦ I've written 2.000 more words today and am planning to finish this chapter tomorrow. I was planning on having this short, being 2.000 words per chapter (and only 5 chapters), but it became a three-legged-monster with 4,000 words per chapter. But I'll manage to finish it by 6 chapters.
♦ We're planning on sending the game for our beta tester this week!
♦ Our programmer is planning on including a galery as extra content in the game, so we can add the scenes/chibi scenes, and maybe a gallery for the fanarts received for Unichan! What you guys think? I don't know if he can do it, though, but he'll try. xD Also, if anyone is interested in sending us some more fanarts, please send me a pm, or just dm us on our Twitter account, we're very active there!

Pick_One
Regular

#50 Post by Pick_One »

Nana7 wrote:
The texture effect is being used in all our bgs. Since we don't really know how to do bgs for VNs we thought of including this effect in all of them to make them fit together more easily. xD

Gregor's colors were specially selected by our artist (I didn't gave any advice in this!), so he'll be really glad to know you liked it xD

I'm actually thinking about what you said and this makes sense. Maybe it would look better in the top? So it won't be confusing to the reader. I was actually thinking about Juniper's knot textbox: https://gareblogs.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -50-88.jpg but it has only the menu under, so it may be confusing for the name of the character to be there...

❥❥❥
Somehow that texture effect seems to really fit that scene. ^^ And it looks good used on the backgrounds, it makes them dreamy and feels like clouds which is good for this story. Plus, I get like a more picture book vibe, it's nice. :)

Yea, like how it's drawn with the stylize branches and house. They have some feeling of movement/liveliness. ^^

I was thinking that it would help to have the name at the top too, but it's up to you. You can play around to get different ideas then maybe ask like your team members if they have any confusion? Your beta tester can tell you if they encounter any confusion as they read through the story? That Juniper's knot textbox seems to work with the menu at the bottom because I think it keeps this feeling of cinematic (the GUI looks very minimal so it got like this seamless sort of experience?), plus it works well for its kinetic novel format. But I think you can still somehow make it work with the name at the bottom though, if that's what you prefer.

I think it sounds great to have those extra contents if you guys have the time to do them. :)

Mel looks sweet here. Those images look good. The mountains in the back with the waterfall looks pretty. ^-^ And I always love a pretty starry sky and moon. *-*

Nana7
Regular

#51 Post by Nana7 »

Pick_One wrote:
Nana7 wrote:

❥❥❥
Somehow that texture effect seems to really fit that scene. ^^ And it looks good used on the backgrounds, it makes them dreamy and feels like clouds which is good for this story. Plus, I get like a more picture book vibe, it's nice. :)

Yea, like how it's drawn with the stylize branches and house. They have some feeling of movement/liveliness. ^^

I was thinking that it would help to have the name at the top too, but it's up to you. You can play around to get different ideas then maybe ask like your team members if they have any confusion? Your beta tester can tell you if they encounter any confusion as they read through the story? That Juniper's knot textbox seems to work with the menu at the bottom because I think it keeps this feeling of cinematic (the GUI looks very minimal so it got like this seamless sort of experience?), plus it works well for its kinetic novel format. But I think you can still somehow make it work with the name at the bottom though, if that's what you prefer.

I think it sounds great to have those extra contents if you guys have the time to do them. :)

Mel looks sweet here. Those images look good. The mountains in the back with the waterfall looks pretty. ^-^ And I always love a pretty starry sky and moon. *-*
Yes, a picture book. This is a good aspect that was achieved in this choice xD I like it too.

Ohh, I get it now! Thanks for explaining :)

I actually placed the name at the top, just for a test, and it looks much better now. I also changed a lot of things in the box, so I think it fits because of this. And I think it looks much more like something coming from a book now. I'm proud :lol: It's just a mockup, our programmer will implement as soon as he wakes up xD and the box fits the scenes better now too! The scenes are all contrasting with each other, some are really 'white', and the other ones are really dark, so it was difficult to think about this textbox thing.

Thank you for the advice, you helped a lot! xD

We may have the time to do this, if our programmer wants to (he was finding this really annoying, so I don't know if he wants to implement the gallery now xD), since we are planning on releasing a demo with the 3 first chapters next friday (8th april), and them releasing the full game (6 chapters) one or two weeks later, depending on the proof reading! I want the script to be polished before the releasing, since I'm not a native speaker, so we're having double care with this.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#52 Post by MimirollCookie »

Cant wait for it to be released!!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by MimirollCookie »

*Drops fanart*
gif_20160406112854.gif
*Runs away*
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:

Nana7
Regular

#54 Post by Nana7 »

MimirollCookie wrote:
*Drops fanart*
gif_20160406112854.gif
*Runs away*
Omg, this cutie animated Melusine *---------------* so cute! Thank you, Mimiroll!

Weeeeell, we managed to release a demo in time for Nanoreno! I'm actually really glad that we could do it XD not a really 'finished' Nanoreno, but it feels good to see our first work done! You can download the demo here:

https://umiloo.itch.io/unichan

It covers the first chapter (this chapter was a little rushed, and I think I'll change some details in it, so I accept feedbacks!). I said that the demo would cover three chapters, but I decided that the experience of the full game would be spoiled. It was too revealing! xD

I don't know if we'll be using this topic any longer, but I think I'll just create another for the demo and further dev. We think we can do the full game with some more weeks (maybe 2, since our artist needs more time to do some retouches in art and I'll be visiting my mom next monday, so I don't know... In her house I hardly have internet and a computer... <_<).

You can also follow us on twitter (I'm pretty active here!) and tumblr (we're planning on actually posting devlogs there now, our lemmasoft topic turn us into lazy ones!)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

#55 Post by MimirollCookie »

Demo released!?
Awesome! Gonna download it. :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#56 Post by minyan »

Just finished playing the demo! The atmosphere for the game is great, the gui, music, art, all fits together wonderfully. It was strange to me though that sometimes Melusine was a side sprite and sometimes she wasn't, but that's more a stylistic choice, so I'm not saying it'd be better if it was changed.

The writing was a little awkward in some places as far as wording went, and you had mentioned it being rushed. I think the parts that could be expanded on the most was
their meeting, Melusine says that she's never felt so comfortable around anyone or something similar, but before that we never get any indication that she was particularly lonely or in want of a friend, and her sister and mother seem nice so it seems to come out of nowhere.
I like how Melusine personifies pretty much everything
and was even talking about how the houses have lovers xD so precious.
At one point though
when she's riding the merry-go-round, she talks about how she feels like every thing has a voice, they just don't use regular words. But then right after the baby unicorn talks and she's so surprised and can't believe it, so that seemed a little disjointed.
Overall very cute, I look forward to playing the full version. (:
ImageImage

DianeWorld

#57 Post by DianeWorld »

Looks soft and beautiful!
Somehow, it reminded me of Haibana Renmei anime, same warm-fuzzy feeling.

【Kirin-Chan】

#58 Post by 【Kirin-Chan】 »

I will download it once my internet agrees with it. I also have to ready my body for all the moe I'll be seeing.

Nana7
Regular

#59 Post by Nana7 »

MimirollCookie wrote:Demo released!?
Awesome! Gonna download it. :)
Thank you, Mimiroll! I hope you like it :3 Some things were a little sloppy, so feel free to tell us your thoughts on the demo!
minyan wrote:Just finished playing the demo! The atmosphere for the game is great, the gui, music, art, all fits together wonderfully. It was strange to me though that sometimes Melusine was a side sprite and sometimes she wasn't, but that's more a stylistic choice, so I'm not saying it'd be better if it was changed.

The writing was a little awkward in some places as far as wording went, and you had mentioned it being rushed. I think the parts that could be expanded on the most was
their meeting, Melusine says that she's never felt so comfortable around anyone or something similar, but before that we never get any indication that she was particularly lonely or in want of a friend, and her sister and mother seem nice so it seems to come out of nowhere.
I like how Melusine personifies pretty much everything
and was even talking about how the houses have lovers xD so precious.
At one point though
when she's riding the merry-go-round, she talks about how she feels like every thing has a voice, they just don't use regular words. But then right after the baby unicorn talks and she's so surprised and can't believe it, so that seemed a little disjointed.
Overall very cute, I look forward to playing the full version. (:
All our work for the demo was kinda rushed, so it really means a lot that you think it all fits together nicely! xD

I think for that, we have to stablish a "pattern", so people won't get confused by the side images or sprites. Mostly, we were using it when she was talking to someone, and using when a new bg appeared, so people could see the bg properly xD But I don't know what would be the best pattern yet. We'll be working on it!

As for "wording", I'm not a native english speaker (also, it is my first time writing something in english), and everyone in the team aren't as well. In the final stages, I could only show the alterations in script to them, so it may be because of that that you found some errors xD I'm sorry! We'll try to be more careful at the final release...
For that part, I agree with you. I didn't realize that it was awkward like this and off. I think it's the perks of being the writer and actually living in the mind of the character xD I'll try and expand it more so that it will fit more with her persona and those around her.

I love those parts about her too! xD She does it with almost anything, and it kinda turns her into a weird kid, but I love her weirdness!

She reacts like that because although she believes everything has a life, not a thing actually talked to her in her life. Although she personifies everything, not one of those things speak a word to her, so she seemed surprised because she wasn't believing her sister so much (I think that she 'doesn't believing the sister' must be explained, maybe? xD)
Thank you so much for the kind feedback and for playing! We're taking all you mentioned into consideration! <3
DianeWorld wrote:Looks soft and beautiful!
Somehow, it reminded me of Haibana Renmei anime, same warm-fuzzy feeling.
Thank you!
The anime that you mentioned has some amazing art! I'll check this one! :3
【Kirin-Chan】 wrote:I will download it once my internet agrees with it. I also have to ready my body for all the moe I'll be seeing.
I'm sorry to not cooperate with your internet providing a shorter file! We didn't knew that we could reduce the files before comprising with Renpy ;-; The full version will be a lot more internet-friendly, I hope xD And prepare your body and soul for our Melusine and Poppy <3
KairuKyun wrote:Here is a good place to add your game to! It can be reviewed here and added to the database!
http://www.evn.moe
I will post our game there ASAP, Unwonted <3 Thank you!

【Kirin-Chan】

#60 Post by 【Kirin-Chan】 »

I played it! The intro was very... interesting, and in a good way! :lol: The gui was well made too!

► Do you like the concept of the story?

I do! It's very interesting that children before the age of ten can speak to unicorns :lol:

► What are your thoughts on the characters?

The character designs are too cute~ Melusine's wings are adorabblleeee

► Would you be interested in a longer version of the game with possible routes?

Sure! But, what kind of routes?

► What are your suggestions regarding the script?

Er... Nothing, I can't really think of anything.

► What are your suggestions regarding the art?

The art is already good the way it is, to be honest.

► Any critique? Questions?

Melusine's side image is a bit too small and is cut off, feels kinda weird to look at it.