❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (DEMO RELEASED!)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy|Friendship♡Nano2016] (+BGS

#31 Post by Nana7 »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Like your backgrounds - the style and the colouring.
Thank you, Lesleigh63!
❥❥❥
So, this is the main menu! I'm planning on finishing the GUI along the week, but the writing is so late, that I don't know if I can pull it off so fast. xD

Pick_One
Regular

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy|Friendship♡Nano2016] (+UI u

#32 Post by Pick_One »

Ah... I been meaning to reply to this sooner! ;;

► Do you like the concept of the story?
Definitely something that I like. This is cute and potentially very heartwarming plus I very much like this sort of whimsical story. I even once had a semi similar idea to this. I actually pretty much got hook onto your project very quickly. lol.

► What are your thoughts on the characters?
Melusine sounds endearing. The unicorn's name is quite loveable and his description is cute with humor. Pretty curious about the cat like creature with a horn coming out of her tomato hat.

► Would you be interested in a longer version of the game with possible routes?
Sure! If you think this could be made into a visual novel game with choices, that would be awesome to see it happen!

► What are your suggestions regarding the script?
None that I can think of right now. I sort of have a vague idea for a scene which slowly lead to more scenes, but I want to see how you guys will tell the story and show what kind of world that they live in.

► What are your suggestions regarding the art?

The logo looks pretty and sweet. The soft colorful coloring is charming and the artwork overall feels sort of like whimsical children book illustration. Personally, the artwork quickly got my attention, any artwork with something like those traits, usually makes me pause and take some time to look at them. The sprites all look cute. :)

The main menu looks very sweet and pretty. I like those soft clouds. The last background is very nice.

► Any critique? Questions
None as of now.

I got to go now. ^^; But I look forward to the cuteness and comedy! I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans will occur. That star wars force image is so cute. :D Can't wait for this to take flight~ Good luck on the project. :)

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#33 Post by potouto »

The main menu is so adorable oh my god
I meant to comment earlier but I love the idea so much, it's just so cute and fluffy.
Everything about this just screams cuteness I'm dyin g

yeah well | commission | website

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#34 Post by MimirollCookie »

GUI tho is so cute! ☆☆☆☆☆
(Five stars!)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Candy☆Giants
Regular
Projects: Five Star Freeloaders
Deviantart: idrawbases

#35 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Your painting skills are too good, man ;w;

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#36 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

This is the cutest thing ever! :)
Really fun idea, and great artwork.
Good luck guys, I can't wait to see it.
ImageImageImageImage

greenacedesu

#37 Post by greenacedesu »

This looks really cute :) looking forwards to play the game

Nana7
Regular

#38 Post by Nana7 »

Pick_One wrote:Ah... I been meaning to reply to this sooner! ;;

► Do you like the concept of the story?
Definitely something that I like. This is cute and potentially very heartwarming plus I very much like this sort of whimsical story. I even once had a semi similar idea to this. I actually pretty much got hook onto your project very quickly. lol.

► What are your thoughts on the characters?
Melusine sounds endearing. The unicorn's name is quite loveable and his description is cute with humor. Pretty curious about the cat like creature with a horn coming out of her tomato hat.

► Would you be interested in a longer version of the game with possible routes?
Sure! If you think this could be made into a visual novel game with choices, that would be awesome to see it happen!

► What are your suggestions regarding the script?
None that I can think of right now. I sort of have a vague idea for a scene which slowly lead to more scenes, but I want to see how you guys will tell the story and show what kind of world that they live in.

► What are your suggestions regarding the art?

The logo looks pretty and sweet. The soft colorful coloring is charming and the artwork overall feels sort of like whimsical children book illustration. Personally, the artwork quickly got my attention, any artwork with something like those traits, usually makes me pause and take some time to look at them. The sprites all look cute. :)

The main menu looks very sweet and pretty. I like those soft clouds. The last background is very nice.

► Any critique? Questions
None as of now.

I got to go now. ^^; But I look forward to the cuteness and comedy! I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans will occur. That star wars force image is so cute. :D Can't wait for this to take flight~ Good luck on the project. :)
I think it will be very heartwarming too, although it will have its funny bits. I like the way I'm developing their friendship, as I was feeling a lack in stories about friendships in my life!

The cat is... mysteeeerious! But you'll know about her soon. Nanoreno is at it's end! (and this is kinda scary for us! :lol:)

We are actually thinking about expanding the game in the future, but this is only in our thoughts by the moment. We just want to finish this project before hopping into another!

I'm really glad you liked the art and the overall story! Thank you!
potouto wrote:The main menu is so adorable oh my god
I meant to comment earlier but I love the idea so much, it's just so cute and fluffy.
Everything about this just screams cuteness I'm dyin g
Just don't die before the end of Nanoreno, you can't loose it! :lol:
Thank you so much! <3
MimirollCookie wrote:GUI tho is so cute! ☆☆☆☆☆
(Five stars!)
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!
It took a while, since I had no idea how to even start! :lol:
Candy☆Giants wrote:Your painting skills are too good, man ;w;
The artist thanks a lot <3
LeonDaydreamer wrote:This is the cutest thing ever! :)
Really fun idea, and great artwork.
Good luck guys, I can't wait to see it.
We're in a dire need of luck here (and maybe some time? :D)
Thank you!
greenacedesu wrote:This looks really cute :) looking forwards to play the game
❥ ❥ ❥

Nana7
Regular

Re: ❥ UNICHAN! ❥ [Fantasy|Comedy♡Nano2016] (ART UP! 22/03)

#39 Post by Nana7 »

Hello!
I'm sorry for the delay with the Devlog, but I wanted to have some more things to show before I deliver the news! XD We're currently alive and making all we can to deliver the game in time :)

As for the devlog:

Writing

Now we have +-6.000 words, so nearly 60% done. That wasn't what I was expecting to have at this point, but well, I think I can manage to finish it on time! The lore is fully defined, as well as the outlines for all chapters. Now that the GUI and all my other jobs are almost done I can focus more on the writing too. I need some scene directing too, since my scripts are all messed and I don't know where each sprite will go yet. But WORRY NOT!

Sprites

Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third - 83% done. We need just 1 more.
Melusine - 1 more to go too.
Gregor - It wasn't in our plans to give this character a sprite, but in the end he turned out to be of such importance that... Well! He's the owner of Fable Realm! The sketch is done, and the artist plans to finish his lineart and painting today. Also, he's named after Gregor from Fire Emblem Awakening, Although he's an old man wearing mage cloths.

This is gregor:

Some Sir's sprites with little boots and a tophat.

Mei's wings!

Scenes

So, thinking about not overdoing our artist with work (since he works full time as an animator in a platform game aside from Umiloo), we're thinking about only 2 scenes. One is already done and the sketch for the other too, so he thinks that if he has the time, he can focus in doing more before the end of Nanoreno, but only if he can manage to do some time travel or maybe learn some doppelganger skills.

Chibi Scenes

So, we were planning 4 chibi scenes. I already have in mind how I want each one, and we have one done, so we're needing 3 more now!

Backgrounds

2 more backgrounds are being done at the moment and will be completed by the end of the week. We plan on having just two more (3 at max), so our artist kinda finished this area.

UNFINISHED BG

Music

Doodled send us the sound effects for the hover, select and the "start game", so our menu is looking fancy now. The music for chapter 3 is done, and he send us the music for chapter 1, but it needs some adjustments, so he's working on it. Also, the music for the main theme is being produced now too!

Programming

So, our programmer never really worked with Renpy before, so we were afraid that he couldn't manage it, but he is practing so hard and we're really proud! He plans to have the first and second chapter implemented by this weekend so we can send it to our beta tester. He's doing the GUI menu with image button, and is learning a lot from Uncle Mugen's Image button guide!

This will be some images for the quit menu, Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third, crying as you say yes to leaving the game and smiling brightly as you say no to the quit option. <3

And this is a screenshot of the ingame menu! We'll polish some things, but this is what we have now. XD The textbox is being a really dramatic thing to do, so it's not in the screenshot yet.

Also, thanks a lot for all the people that are helping me out with the script! You guys are amazing, and I really couldn't do it without you XD Also, thank you all for the support untill now! It helps a lot, knowing that there are people that wants to play our VN. It helps in times of despair, when we just want to quit! </3 Thank you all!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#40 Post by MimirollCookie »

I thought the wings are her hair. :lol:
Really looking forward to it! :D
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#41 Post by Weenily »

THE MAIN MENU SCREEN IS SO CUTE AND MAGICAL LOOKING. IM DEAD. Good luck with the writing! 60% is still a lot! SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD'S TOPHAT AND SOCKS ARE TOO CUTE. SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD DON'T BULLY MELUSINE BY BITING HER HAIR the art is so cute though oh my god i love it. the chibi cg is so cute and squishy, i love their expressions!

SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD CRYING WHEN YOU LEAVE THE GAME THOUGH... im never closing the game, i cant handle making him cry. the GUI looks nice so far i like the wings on the save slots!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#42 Post by Ghost of Crux »

OH MY GOD... I HAVE SEEN THE PUREST MAIN MENU TO HAVE EVER EXISTED.... I CAN DIE HAPPY...

ridiculous caps lock aside, seriously. What a pure thing. I'm in love. COME TO ME SWEET SUMMER UNICORNS...
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Nana7
Regular

#43 Post by Nana7 »

MimirollCookie wrote:I thought the wings are her hair. :lol:
Really looking forward to it! :D
:lol:

Her hair is sooooo long that may serve as wings as well XD
❥ ❥ ❥
Weenily wrote:THE MAIN MENU SCREEN IS SO CUTE AND MAGICAL LOOKING. IM DEAD. Good luck with the writing! 60% is still a lot! SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD'S TOPHAT AND SOCKS ARE TOO CUTE. SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD DON'T BULLY MELUSINE BY BITING HER HAIR the art is so cute though oh my god i love it. the chibi cg is so cute and squishy, i love their expressions!

SIR LITTLE POPCORN BASKET THE THIRD CRYING WHEN YOU LEAVE THE GAME THOUGH... im never closing the game, i cant handle making him cry. the GUI looks nice so far i like the wings on the save slots!
I think it sounds like a lot for me, specially, since I'm a lazy person, and I'm doing my best not to be in Nanoreno XD But I'm promising myself to finish 2 more chapters in this week u_u

HE'S TRYING TO EAT IT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE VEGETABLES (or something like it) AND HE'S A HEALTHY UNICORN!

Everything calculated just so you can't leave our little Sir Little Popcorn Basket, the third. <3
Ghost of Crux wrote:OH MY GOD... I HAVE SEEN THE PUREST MAIN MENU TO HAVE EVER EXISTED.... I CAN DIE HAPPY...

ridiculous caps lock aside, seriously. What a pure thing. I'm in love. COME TO ME SWEET SUMMER UNICORNS...
OMG, we can now enter the book of purest main menus ever <3
I WANT TO SLEEP IN THE CLOUDS WITH THEM <3

They're coming, soon! ❥ ❥ ❥

-----------------------------------

Our artist finished Gregor! *-*

Nana7
Regular

#44 Post by Nana7 »

Sooo, now we have some working game screenshots! The sprites aren't in their final sizing, and I have to adjust some things in the textbox, and the quick menu above it, but well, this is how it will 'look like' in the end, approximatedly. :lol:

Doodled
Tumblr: doodledmcfroodled

#45 Post by Doodled »

Oh wow, it looks beautiful so far.