Chasing Your Tail [BxB] [NaNo16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

Re: Chasing Your Tail [BxB] [NaNo16]

#16 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

Nekobako wrote:Pet rats are fine, wild rats can gtfo. But I mean....no? Unless it's a realistic (and realistic is key) approach to the hard life of rats that also counters their negative stereotypes, I don't think anybody's going to seriously walk away with a different opinion of rats. It's fiction, not a nature documentary.
Haha, I meant is sort of as "if you dislike rats, do you think you might be okay with them after this game?" But, yeah. As for wild rats, I've never seen them in person. I would think they were still cute, but I'd leave them alone.
Zelan wrote:2. The secret character - I'm very curious as to why he's a secret. :3
4. I like rats. c: Obviously it wouldn't be smart to try and touch a wild one, but they don't freak me out. And I love pet rats - I would get one or two if I didn't have three cats. cx And my opinion probably won't be changed unless you're planning to try and turn me against them.
5. So... are they like shapeshifter rats or something? Or are they real rats being portrayed as anthropomorphic? The reason I'm asking is because I see that humans and cats figure into the plot, and I can't quite understand how that would work with humanoid rats. cx
2. I will probably reveal him once his sprite is inked, but if I said anything more about him it would probably be considered a spoiler.
4. I love rats too. I wish I could have them, but my landlord hates them. It's kind of why I'm writing this story because I miss having rats.
5. They are real rats who can communicate with each other in their own rat language. Their sprites are humanoid, but when it comes to CGs they will be drawn as rats.
infel wrote:Only that I wish you the best of luck =D. Oh and thank you for making this BxB. We need more of those XD.
I'm so happy there are more fans of BxB here now. I remember when a BxB thread was a rare occurrence.

@ Smexy: Haha, she looks like she could be Greystroke's sister.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#17 Post by Zelan »

Shadow Wolfwind wrote:They are real rats who can communicate with each other in their own rat language. Their sprites are humanoid, but when it comes to CGs they will be drawn as rats.
I thought it might be something like that! That's cool, thanks for clearing it up.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#18 Post by Lesleigh63 »

They're coloured!! :)

They look gorgeous, Yuuki.

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#19 Post by Laniessa »

1. What are your general thoughts, feelings, impression of the premise?
It's not something I generally hook on to, but I'm interested to see how you execute it!

2. Which character are you interested in the most and why?
Fennel, he seems calm and cute!! I don't get very strong emotions for characters until I play the game though, so I'll tell you who I like most after playing this, hee.

3. How do you feel about having few choices? How do you feel about bad ends that involve death of a character?
I like kinetic novels just as much as high-choice visual novels, so I don't mind! And goooo for the angst, my friend!

4. How do you feel about rats in general? Do you think this game will change your opinion of them?
They make me paranoid :'D The game won't really change my opinion of them, since my general attitude to rats is 'please don't attack me' which sounds like I will feel even after seeing cute rat boys.

5. Any further thoughts, comments or questions?
Ieeeee these characters look so cute, Tenshio!!! <3 Good luck to the entire team, hee.

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#20 Post by Nekobako »

Shadow Wolfwind wrote:Haha, I meant is sort of as "if you dislike rats, do you think you might be okay with them after this game?" But, yeah. As for wild rats, I've never seen them in person. I would think they were still cute, but I'd leave them alone.
Yeah that's what I meant. I mean, I guess I can only speak for myself, but there's quite a difference between cute gijinka and actual animals.... Disney films don't make me feel any different about their subjects either. But I guess it depends on the person!

Smexy's hit-and-run genderbend art is great. I wonder if they just joined for that, lmao.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#21 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@Lesleigh63 Thankiess <3

@Laniessa Thanks Lani! I'm pretty scared of wild rats too to be honest, but I'm fine with pet rats I think-- since they're similar to hamsters and I used to own a lot of them <3

@Nekobako If that's true, they're quite determined there :lol: literally posted the drawing right after they joined haha
but it's cute though! Maybe I should make a genderbend ver for all of the characters sometime!

Quick art update, all of the sprites are finished~

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#22 Post by runeraccoon »

HI THERE

UHM KEEP THE SPIRIT TO SPRINT IN THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH.

I mean I love Schrich so much //screeches. IDK if I do him and his calm countenance + confident smile + anything hidden behind those soulful eyes any justice but yeah:

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#23 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

fuicchi wrote:HI THERE

UHM KEEP THE SPIRIT TO SPRINT IN THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH.

I mean I love Schrich so much //screeches. IDK if I do him and his calm countenance + confident smile + anything hidden behind those soulful eyes any justice but yeah:

OH GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH /////// I'm so happy I don't even know what to say--
HE'S SO HANDSOME <3

We will! thanks again for the fanart, he's perfect!

propanoll
Regular
Projects: Left of Center, Night at the Hospital, The Buried Moon, RA: Allegiance
Tumblr: propanoll
Deviantart: shotafied

#24 Post by propanoll »

Late, but better than never!

Looks cute! Seems rather light-hearted and friendship-y : D

Greystroke!! His design seems the coolest to me. Otherwise, Fennel because he seems really gentle.

3. How do you feel about having few choices? How do you feel about bad ends that involve death of a character?
I'm not against having few choices. I like straight up VN games rather than having a lot of endings, haha... There's little time to play games nowadays. Deaths are okay as well, as long as it's done epicly and gives that "UGUUUUU WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DIE NOO but his way of death was glorious".

4. How do you feel about rats in general? Do you think this game will change your opinion of them?
They... stink when they die : ( My house has rat problems, haha..

none! Good luck, and keep up the good work~
Image Image

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular

#25 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

@ Laniessa
I'm glad someone likes Fennel! I'm still working out his route in my head, but I'll try to make it just as fun and interesting as the other routes.

@ fuicchi
Oh! Thank you so much! I think he looks great!

@ propanoll
I hope the death scenes for this are glorious. (I think they are. I tried to make each one different and make sense.)
Haha, I thought you meant: "It sucks when they die," but yeah I've heard that's is a common problem. Humane traps might be better.

So we are nearing the end of NaNoRenO. The intro, Schrich and Blaze's routes are completed for over 27,000 words! Which leaves only Fennel's route left to complete. Unfortunately since I'm also the background artist, I won't be able to finish Fennel's route before NaNo is finish. We are going to put together a demo for the deadline instead. Afterwards, we will finish the rest of the game with CGs and voices.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#26 Post by MimirollCookie »

Looks cute. :)
Greystroke. He looks so cute! :)
Having a few choices sound fun. :) Death of a.... mouse? No..... :(
Rats are creepy, they ate my bag! In general, no. But let's see. :wink:
Good luck. :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

#27 Post by doktorcrimson »

oooo gay rats :3

Since I don't know what the story is going to be like I'm going to leave this question out now.

I don't mind if that is the intention.

Rats are still rats and cats are still cats. Even if the lamento guys are cats that look like hawt dudes they are not actual cats :3

Would like to see this finished~

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular

#28 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

Update
gavneco1 offered join in on our game as a programmer. However, I believe s/he had no intention doing so and wished to sabotage our progress. Their pms were highly suspicious and seemed to be sent with purpose of wasting the recipients time. They dropped out on the final day of March without producing any work. I believe they are a troll.

Because of this issue, I have to take out time on completing the backgrounds in order to teach myself how to use Renpy and program the demo.

Unfortunately, the backgrounds will only line art. I still have two more backgrounds I need to complete. Hopefully, I can start them tomorrow. My goal is to have a short demo by tomorrow night.

Thank you for all of your support!

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

#29 Post by Nekobako »

I'm so sorry to hear about your programmer! It does seem pretty fishy, given account age and the lack of ANY forum posts. You're probably right :(

Either way, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the demo!