The Only One Girl [GxB] Questionaire added BETAS WANTED

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

The Only One Girl [GxB] Questionaire added BETAS WANTED

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

UPDATE 4.9.2016: Currently beta sign-ups are open! I am looknig for at least a minimum of 2 testers (since other teammates will be testing the game, but I want a couple outside the team as well). Those who wish to test the game can PM or reply to this thread! You will be tasked with testing both the NaNoRenO version of the game (it has the first two chapters of the game, so basically a glorified demo) as well as the full version (which will have all 4 chapters, extras, and opening video). Beta-testing will start sometime after the 14th of April for the NaNo version.
***PLEASE ONLY SIGNUP AS A BETA IF YOU ACTUALLY INTEND TO BETA! Do not sign up just to play the game early, if you find any errors or spot typos, etc, your job is the report it so we can have a smooth release!

SYNOPSIS

Sera-Abigail "Sebby" Clementine is the first female student to attend Riley Parks Academy, a former all-boys school now gone co-ed. She can't help but find fate crazy to land her in the perfect situation that would make a fun plot in those Japanese story games she enjoys so much. This is a story about her and the friends she makes, their relationships, and is this really all that there is to this story...seriously? Yup, that's it...maybe...as well as Sebby's tendancy to think out loud and make random references. Let the awkwardness begin~

CHARACTERS
(Sprite resources by Elzee)

Sera-Abigail Clementine
CV: Trina Deuhart

Sophomore - Age: 16 - Blood Type B+
"Fate has such a sense of humor, doesn't it? My life has become the plot of a cheesy otome!"

Originally a student of an all-girls academy, Sebby finds it funny how she is now attending a former
all-boys school. She is very ambitious and passionate, and enjoys geeking out over anime, music,
games, and movies. Often times, she has a habit of overthinking things, and truly believes destiny
is being funny by making her life like the plot of a visual novel.

Zekariah Han
CV: JB Coleman

Sophomore - Age: 16 - Blood Type O-
"My name's Zekariah Han, but please, call me Zack my lady~"

A rather flirty and charming gentleman, he seeks the affection of the only girl
attending his school (a.k.a Sebby). He's constantly doing his best to find ways
to spend his time with her after classes--he's totally harmless though and is
usually a fun person to hang around. Certainly entertaining with his cheese, especially.

Henry Ackerman
CV: Joseph Hindle

Junior - Age: 16 - Blood Type O+
"You're from our school's sister academy, aren't you? I had a friend who attended there."

An international student from England, Henry is generally nice to everyone and immediately
connects with Sera-Abigail. Usually the keeper of the peace, he does his best to avoid fights
and preventing them from happening--but, when words don't work, he is not afraid to get physical
either. Luckily, this rarely occurs, and he has a good reputation in both attitude and academics.

Emmet Gardner
CV: Andrew Hackley

Sophomore - Age: 15 - Blood Type A-
"I'm not...used to speaking with girls...or just, anyone for that matter..."

Notorious for sleeping in class, yet for some reason he has never failed a test.
He is very quiet and shy, but also very sweet. He seems to enjoy listening to
music, as he is always seen with headphones. Not much is known about him, which
is why Sebby finds him the most interesting person in school. Plus, toothpaste-colored hair.

Tori Kale
CV: Doodled

Senior - Age: 17 - Blood Type A+
"Anything I say is how I truly perceive it, jokesters are nothing more than comedic liars."

Tori always has a serious demeanor and often keeps to himself. He is known to
be brutally honest, and doesn't want to watse his time on things he finds meaningless.
He's also very good at analyzing and assessing situations. After meeting Sebby, he is
hopeful that maybe she can persuade his little sister Marie to become an official student
of the school.

Marie Kale
CV: Katie Parker

Self-Study - Age: 14 - Blood Type A+
"Try all you want, but I am NEVER attending this school!"

Tori's little sister who absolutely refuses to attend the school, no matter how hard
he tries to convince her otherwise. She is homeschooled and has been
roommates with Tori in his dorm since even before the school was co-ed. She only wears
the school uniform so she looks like she belongs there, that is all. Her attitude
can often be sour, but she doesn't actually hate anyone.

SCREENSHOTS & CG SAMPLES!

Drawn by fuicchi, background from morgue file filtered by me

WILL FEATURE

- A teaser PV
- An opening video
- Fully voiced dialogue
- 5-8 event CGs by fuicchi
- Multiple endings
- An unlockable bonus section
- Printable DVD cover for personal backup

DEVELOPER'S COMMENTS [REWRITTEN 4.1.2016]

Hello there! I was not too fond of my previous developer's comments when I made this thread---it shows writing a WiP passed midnight when you're sleepy may not be a good idea. Anyway, TO THE POINT! So this was a project swimming around in my head for awhile. It's sort of something relaxing and fun to write, since majority of my stories tend to be dark and post-apocalyptic (my favorite genre, second being fantasy). My voice cast has been amazing at bringing the characters to life so far, making my writing sound so much better than it would have been unvoiced haha. Sadly, our project is going to be a bit late, as I'm wrapping up the second chapter (there's suppose to be about 4 chapters). SO! I've decided the NaNoRenO version will be the first two chapters, which covers two consecutive days (the other chapters cover random intervals of time). As I want it to be voiced, this version will be a bit late too, but not as late as the full version--this demo in a way can stand on its own the way I ended the beginning of a decided route, so it's not too cliff-hanger-ish, but I hope it will be a good introduction if you want to play more!

QUESTIONAIRE!

1. Are you OK with the first two chapters being the "NaNoRenO" version of the game?

2. Have you heard of any of the CVs for our characters?

3. Which character do you think will be your most and least favorite?

4. Who's route do you want to get on first? (+Marie has a friendship route)

5. Do you think you'll use our self-packaging and what do you think of the idea? (I'll be providing a printable DVD slim cover for personal backup)

6. Uhh....say anything else here!
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 13 times in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

Re: The Only One Girl [Boarding School/GxB/Random]

#2 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Wow, I really like it!!! I don't care if it's clichéd, the characters are interesting so I'm in!

For the synopsis I think "Sera-Abigail "Sebby" Clementine is the first female student to attend Riley Parks Academy, a former all-boys school now gone co-ed." is enough. We all know it's not the most original idea in the world, but I really don't think you need to compensate it with the whole "but it will be fun, I promise!!!". It's good enough as it is, have a little more faith in yourself!

Emmet has stolen my heart already. Can I smooch him? Will there be smooching chances? Please?

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:Wow, I really like it!!! I don't care if it's clichéd, the characters are interesting so I'm in!

For the synopsis I think "Sera-Abigail "Sebby" Clementine is the first female student to attend Riley Parks Academy, a former all-boys school now gone co-ed." is enough. We all know it's not the most original idea in the world, but I really don't think you need to compensate it with the whole "but it will be fun, I promise!!!". It's good enough as it is, have a little more faith in yourself!

Emmet has stolen my heart already. Can I smooch him? Will there be smooching chances? Please?

Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Ah glad it caught your interest! Yeah, it was like passed midnight when I wrote up the post and I was sleepy, lol, so while I do have faith in the project I was like...thinking of words haha, so if I came to sounding a bit desperate I should probably fix that in the dev comments...I think I like how the synopsis sounds though, i'll probably leave that alone xD

Hehehe we got an Emmet fan already! I love him too, I cannot spoil it for you if there will be smoothes or not, you'll have to see my dear~

I'll be sure to message you if I need any help~
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I just received the first CG from fuicchi! And so, I am deciding to share it with you!
Since the game uses filtered photos, I'm the one who incorporated the background, here is the result;

Sometime later, I will probably share one more CG sample.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#5 Post by runeraccoon »

Wow, it's posted instantly XDDDD
I like how I'm getting spoilers from the CG instructions <3 <3 <3
I really want to see the game when it's finished, and hopefully with all the handsome voices! Can't wait lmao XD

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

fuicchi wrote:Wow, it's posted instantly XDDDD
I like how I'm getting spoilers from the CG instructions <3 <3 <3
I really want to see the game when it's finished, and hopefully with all the handsome voices! Can't wait lmao XD
Yesss.... all dem spoilers thou has~
If all goes well, the voices should be available at first release! Everyone seems super-stoked, as my mission for my studio's visual novels is to always have voice acting.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

soraibi
Regular

#7 Post by soraibi »

This is going to be so much fun! I always love the theme of a girl stuck in an all boys school, or a girl in a recently co-ed boys school. It's like Hana Kimi and Houou Gakuen. I really enjoy seeing the reactions of guys, who aren't use to girls, suddenly thrown in to a situation where they have to be near a girl.
And also, this is voiced...the main girl is also voiced! Well, this is bookmarked, and I'll definitely be playing it! :lol:

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Like, what would a girl who had played these types of games think if she landed in a scenario where she was the only girl in a former all-boys school? If that were you, I bet you'd be thinking how unreal it would be and analyzing the tropes, cliches, character types, etc. etc.! which is exactly what Sebby will be doing as she meets our cast.
Being genre savvy can help a character. In The World God Only Knows, main character Keima Katsuragi usually benefits from his knowledge of romance games. (The comic even has a story arc which addresses otome games.) Consider some specific ways that your character can benefit by knowing a specific story or visual novel.

Sometimes being genre savvy is a disadvantage. The things which a character has learned from fiction might not be appropriate for their situation.

I like comedy, but sometimes it's appropriate to transition to a more serious topic. There might be a moment when the main character gets tired of dealing with the guys, and just wants to hang out with Marie for a while.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Kokoro Hane »

soraibi wrote:This is going to be so much fun! I always love the theme of a girl stuck in an all boys school, or a girl in a recently co-ed boys school. It's like Hana Kimi and Houou Gakuen. I really enjoy seeing the reactions of guys, who aren't use to girls, suddenly thrown in to a situation where they have to be near a girl.
And also, this is voiced...the main girl is also voiced! Well, this is bookmarked, and I'll definitely be playing it! :lol:
Cool, I hope you will enjoy it~ I also love when the MC of any visual novel is voiced, I feel it really solidifies the character and it always seemed kinda weird to me when everyone has voices, but the main does not ya know? lol.
gekiganwing wrote: Being genre savvy can help a character. In The World God Only Knows, main character Keima Katsuragi usually benefits from his knowledge of romance games. (The comic even has a story arc which addresses otome games.) Consider some specific ways that your character can benefit by knowing a specific story or visual novel.

Sometimes being genre savvy is a disadvantage. The things which a character has learned from fiction might not be appropriate for their situation.

I like comedy, but sometimes it's appropriate to transition to a more serious topic. There might be a moment when the main character gets tired of dealing with the guys, and just wants to hang out with Marie for a while.
That's a good observation--though since she came from an all-girls school, it will take a bit longer to get sick of them, but Marie is there as our secondary female character for when she does want to talk to another girl.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#10 Post by Elze »

AAAAAaaaaaaaa this project is up! It's such strange fate that Fuicchi is in the same team as me for another VN, so looking at this thread makes me feel as if we're working on 2 projects together haha xD And OMFGosh as a HUGE SHOUJO MANGA and KDRAMA fan, I absolutely love these kinda story lines so I can't wait to play your game! Fui is doing a super awesome job at sprucing up my CC sprites and making them 9999x prettier ; v ; All the best!! I'll be looking forward to this with MUCH anticipation :D

laspis
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31016

#11 Post by laspis »

I've always wanted to play this kind of game :D AND voice acting? This is going to be soooo good.
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
My tumblr: karita-01

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#12 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I like the sound of this.
Elzee's sprites look great. Think I like Henry the most.
Fuicchi did a wonderful job getting the look and colouring of the sprites in the CG.

Looking good :)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Kokoro Hane »

@Elzee; Ah we'll do our best to not disappoint! Yes, Fui's CGs are soooooo pretty, but your CC sprites are beautiful too which is why I am using them~

@laspis; Yesss~ We need more games with voice acting, and I've assembled some really awesome voices!

@Lesleigh63; Yes, the CGs look really natural with the sprites, Fuicchi's doing an amazing job!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Okay, might as well have some activity updates on how the project is going~

CHAPTER 1 of the story complete and sent to voice actors
(Received lines for said chapter for Sebby, Henry, and Tori so far)

CHAPTER 2 of the story scheduled to be e-mailed to VOs tonight upon completion
(And hopefully finishing Chapters 3 and 4 tomorrow)

Introduction PV/trailer in-the-making!
(To be released hopefully next week; hear the CVs say the quoted lines for their characters!)

Also, still looking for an artist to draw the promo cover art, which will be used for the printable DVD cover for personal backup (I love packaging, so I want to provide a way to make your very own physical copy for personal use lol). So if anyone is interested, lemme know!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Kokoro Hane »

UPDATE!

Well the game will be released sometime in April, a bit late, for a coupel reason. 1) Still writing the script, which I can probably get done before the jam ends, but then I will need to wait on voice. 2) Our CG artist is recovering a flu, so more time is needed to complete the drawings.

BUT HERE'S SOME GOOD NEWS!

I have found an artist to draw the promo art! This will be the game's cover, and will be printable for a DVD slimcase for personal backup.

And we got a new CG! This will be the last CG sample!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"