Their Tied Wings [GxB][Fantasy][NaNo16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
15thSeven
Deviantart: cyaga
itch: cyaga

Their Tied Wings [GxB][Fantasy][NaNo16]

#1 Post by 15thSeven »

The project is dropped! Reasons can be found way below the thread!

SUMMARY:

Ama - the land of light. Their inhabitants, the Ignises, live in harmony and peace.
This is a story about Alae and her friends, who will try to do her best and become a Black Knight, fulfilling her dream of reaching the sky, flying higher than anyone.
She will learn a lot, will fail a lot, but from those situations, friendship will grow, and maybe love will blossom too.

....Or....

That's the way the story should've gone.
[/center]
CHARACTERS:
(Since I haven't draw any sprites yet, have this doodle! The characters are listed below, from left to right)

Alae
A not-so-normal girl who absolutely loves flying. A cheerful fella with her exam grades just barely passed, that's why if she really want to become one of the honored Black Knights, she really has to push herself hard.

Ater
An energetic and friendly person, he's usually the joker/leader of a group. He loves to joke around and teases his poor teacher. Desipte his seemingly lukewarm attitude towards almost everything, don't underestimated him when it comes to flying.

Merus
Usually masking his real personality. The mask read: introvert, boring and quiet. Not much is known about him besides the fact that his family is a noble one with generations after generations being Black Knights (In fact, he could secretly be a female time travel fairy and still no one can figure it out, just kidding though)

Sariane
Alae's best friend, and sometimes her babysitter. She talks and acts older than what she looks like. Considered more intelligent than Alae, despite being younger than her. She's the more responsible one of the two.

Recaet
The group's teacher. A kind hearted sort of guy, though his naughty students have putted him in all kind of troubles, he can't stay mad at them for more than 20 minutes.

IMAGES
Title Image
PROGRESS: (Currently focus on writing)
Writing: Currently ~8k
Programming: 3%
Gui: 90%
Art: 3%....

I've started working silently on this for one week, yet not much progress besides the GUI was made ;-; , so I figured maybe posting a WIP topic here would make me feel motivated? I think? Hope so. This will be my first ever game, so I'm very very excited!

Also, my English is not great, so if you see typos or grammatical errors, please point it out and I'll fix it ^^
10/3: Added logo + title image
13/3: Added characters.
Last edited by 15thSeven on Sat May 07, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Their Tied Wings [Romance?][Fantasy][NaNo16]

#2 Post by Ghost of Crux »

OOOooOOOoOh! Your summary makes me wonder how things all look like, and that last line-- I can't wait to play this. I've always been a fan of this type of stories (knights with wings!!!) and that added intrigue is just... I can't wait.

Good luck! Hopefully we all will get to see this finished by the end of the month! :'D
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

15thSeven

Re: Their Tied Wings [Romance?][Fantasy][NaNo16]

#3 Post by 15thSeven »

Ghost of Crux wrote:OOOooOOOoOh! Your summary makes me wonder how things all look like, and that last line-- I can't wait to play this. I've always been a fan of this type of stories (knights with wings!!!) and that added intrigue is just... I can't wait.

Good luck! Hopefully we all will get to see this finished by the end of the month! :'D
Thanks a bunch, and I wish you luck with your Nanoreno project as well =D !
Fantasy is my favourite type of story too, especialy ones with people who have wings, so I'm very passionate about this game, and having someone compliment it is just... JUST... *squealing bloody murder*

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Their Tied Wings [GxB][Fantasy][NaNo16]

#4 Post by Weenily »

I REALLY LIKE THIS. I'm so concerned about Alae and her friends because of that last line. I really like the art and the wings omg. The logo is really pretty and suits the title so much. I'm excited to learn more about your characters and the story! Good luck working on your first game!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Oh my gosh that logo is gorgeous. <3

I'm really curious now about the plot... I smell a plot twist coming on! I'm always a sucker for a well-done surprise.

Also, your English is perfect ^_^ I had no idea you weren't a native speaker until you said it!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#6 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I like your title image.

15thSeven

#7 Post by 15thSeven »

Weenily wrote:I REALLY LIKE THIS. I'm so concerned about Alae and her friends because of that last line. I really like the art and the wings omg. The logo is really pretty and suits the title so much. I'm excited to learn more about your characters and the story! Good luck working on your first game!
Lesleigh63 wrote:I like your title image.
Zelan wrote:Oh my gosh that logo is gorgeous. <3

I'm really curious now about the plot... I smell a plot twist coming on! I'm always a sucker for a well-done surprise.

Also, your English is perfect ^_^ I had no idea you weren't a native speaker until you said it!
Thanks a lot! That logo and title image took me longer than I'd like to admit, but I'm glad you guys thinks it's pretty =))! And about the plot twist, I don't think it'd be a too suprising one, since I'm a sucker for a good fore-shadowed twist (and I don't think I can pull something like the whole Snape-Lily thing in Harry Potter)

Oh, and an update! Added:
-Characters' description
-Script is now ~8k (had a productive day!)

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#8 Post by verysunshine »

Oooh! This looks incredible!

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#9 Post by Ghost of Crux »

OH. THE ARTS.
THEY ARE SO VERY PRETTY.

[interest in this project += 100000009]

In any case, I'll be keeping my eyes on it for future updates! So pretty!

I like the female time travel fairy! [also, typo: it's noble, not nobal ^^]
Though who am I kidding. I love all the introvert and/or boring characters. EVERYONE LOOKS INTERESTING THOUGH.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Zelan »

Oooh, an update! *bounces* Yay for progress! That doodle is so cute. owo

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#11 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

Holly molly they are cute!
So many good projects this year!!

Keept it up, nice job!
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

laspis
Completed: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31016

#12 Post by laspis »

This sounds so exciting! This is going to be a great game XD
Follow me on twitter to see my game progresses: @karita_solo
My tumblr: karita-01

15thSeven

#13 Post by 15thSeven »

Hi! Weekly report (14-20/3)!
Honestly, I didn't make any significant progress this week. Many thing happened that prevented me from writing, coding and drawing (mid-term exams, a field trip, some problems regarding my laptop, getting absorbed in reading Howl's Moving Castle,... honestly, it's a weirdly busy week) But since I can finally have free time, it's NaNoRenO time everyone!
Have a background I managed to draw before the madness that is this week ate up all of my time!
Ghost of Crux wrote:OH. THE ARTS.
THEY ARE SO VERY PRETTY.

[interest in this project += 100000009]

In any case, I'll be keeping my eyes on it for future updates! So pretty!

I like the female time travel fairy! [also, typo: it's noble, not nobal ^^]
Though who am I kidding. I love all the introvert and/or boring characters. EVERYONE LOOKS INTERESTING THOUGH.
Thanks a lot for pointing out the typo ^^! And I also love the introvert characters in games a lot, they have a certain cuteness that tug my heartstrings and make me go all '♥‿♥ SO DANG MOEEEEEEEEEEE!' all the time
verysunshine wrote:Oooh! This looks incredible!
Zelan wrote:Oooh, an update! *bounces* Yay for progress! That doodle is so cute. owo
Hi.In.Ni wrote:Holly molly they are cute!
So many good projects this year!!
Keept it up, nice job!
laspis wrote:This sounds so exciting! This is going to be a great game XD
Great, incredible, I'm not so sure. But I'm sure as heck I love working on this project! Thanks a lot for your kind words!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Zelan »

The sky in that background is amazing! Nice job. c:

15thSeven

#15 Post by 15thSeven »

Thanks for cheering me on the process of making this game, guys, but due to some recent issue with my PC that made my game data, and a ton of other things disappear cleanly without a trace, my lack of motivation right now, and the fact that 2016-2017 is going to be a very very busy year for me, Their Tied Wings is dropped, aka 'on infinite hiatus', aka 'is likely not going to be finished for a long time'.
Goodbye!