Liquid Love [GxB][Urban Fantasy][NaNo 2016]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

Liquid Love [GxB][Urban Fantasy][NaNo 2016]

#1 Post by YonYonYon »

If you're a witch working on a university project you can't expect no problems. And our protagonist Manti isn't an exception! Her Love Potion project got mixed with some punch at the party her roommates were hosting, and three young men drank it before she could dispose of the drinks.
Now she and her roommates have to stick with lovestruck guys until the antidote is ready. Will they be able to keep the guys from trouble? Will they abuse the power of love? Will they find true love? Take Manti under your control and lead her to the desirable outcome!
Genre:
- GxB
- Urban Fantasy
- Drama
- Young Adult

Characters:

Mantis
Our protagonist! A young female witch with a rather practical mind. She's one of the wicked witches, while not mean, she's rather harsh and demanding. This trait often escalates into the desire to control and command.
Her magic is Precision, the ability of being extremely accurate.

Alexander
Our first LI! Alexander is a demon boy from Underworld Creatures department specialized on Demonic Arts of sales and contracts. He's pretty bad at it, though. Alec is an honest and serious type, kinda naive and innocent.
His magic is Pact, he can grant wishes for a payment, but he's bad at it. He also knows transformation magic, but he's bad at it also.

Chip
Our second LI! Chip is a colorful rooster from Demi-human department, general specialization. He's aggressive and self-absorbed, but actually pretty insecure. He has an abandonment complex and needs constant validation. That's why Chip is pretty dependent on Manti and her strong will.
Has no magic whatsoever.

Lians
Our third LI! Lians is a shy male witch from the Witchery department, specializes in charms. He's mortified by his own nature and dreams of being more bold and cheerful. Tells lots of snail puns to come out as funny. It doesn't really work.
His magic called Home, the ability to create a room in another dimension.

Myria
Our roommate! Myria is a female witch specializing on Curses. She's one of the Wicked Witches, she likes to manipulate and intrigue for laughs. Her hobbies include gossips and juicy stories, she's a valuable member of student newspaper squad. Having a vast knowledge of human nature, she can give you a priceless advice on love and relationships.
Her magic, Mirror, lets her double everything x7 times.

Waspa
Our roommate! Waspa is a female witch specializing on Poisons. One of the Wicked Witches, she acts high and mighty and means it, you're way out of her league. Totally. She's from a well-known rich family and isn't afraid of using her resources if you'll cross her path.
Her magic is Twister, she turn everything into its opposite. Potions into Poisons, Charms into Curses, food into a garbage.

Progress:
- Main Sprites: 90% (Oly expressions left)
- GUI: 90% (Only Extras left)
- CG: 0%
- BG: 0%
- Plotting: 40%
- Writing: 0%

GUI example:
- Text box: http://40.media.tumblr.com/7ee2e1701d3e ... 1_1280.png
- Yes/No: http://36.media.tumblr.com/3b044a2ac7c8 ... 2_1280.png
- Settings: http://36.media.tumblr.com/1e9c5a80c6c1 ... 2_1280.png
- Save/Load: http://40.media.tumblr.com/63204293e317 ... 1_1280.png
- Main Menu: http://41.media.tumblr.com/10da49781885 ... 1_1280.png

I seriously hope I'll do at least 80% of the game in one month. Hi! Hello!

- What do you think of the premise?
- Which character are you interested in so far?
- Is there any suggestion or something different that you'd like to see in the game?
- Anything else in your mind?
ImageImage

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Re: Liquid Love [GxB][Urban Fantasy][NaNo 2016]

#2 Post by infel »

I love it! This is a really amazing story. I love fantasy and urban fantasy, so this game is going to be right up my alley =D.

I find all the characters interesting. I like Chip and Alexander the most, and how the main character is wicked in a way but not mean =D. I also love the designs you gave them. Very well done.

- Is there any suggestion or something different that you'd like to see in the game?

And not that I can think of. I am wondering if there some drama for each route or if it's a more lighter hearted story. Still either way, I'll play =D.

Nope. Just good luck with the game and am excited to play =D
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

#3 Post by femslashfatale »

Super cool! I'm interested in the morality aspect of dealing with people who've ingested your love potion, haha.

Your character designs are sooooo cool!! I love the love interests (especially Chip). But I dooo have a bias for girls, so Mantis, Myria, and Waspa have stolen my heart. :')

Make Waspa buffer. /jk

I want to know about the characters! Backstory, relationships (between Mantis & her friends/love interests, between the love interests, between friends & Mantis's love interests, all of it!), etc, I'm looking forward to that. Also, everyone's really attractive. Hot damn.

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#4 Post by RumRat »

YonYonYon wrote:- What do you think of the premise?
It sounds quite interesting, can't wait to see how the story unfolds and all the characters reactions to the predicament. :)
Myria! She looks absolutely lovely! :D
Chip seems pretty interesting as well, love the earrings, and I like how he's actually insecure.
Make Myria a LI. :"D
I'm joking. Unless you actually consider it, in which case you definitely should do it.
I like your artstyle, and how Mantis isn't the standard cutesy MC.
Good luck with NaNo! :D
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)