Second Year [BxB] [NaNoLateO]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
radium

Second Year [BxB] [NaNoLateO]

#1 Post by radium »

SECOND YEAR
(very tentative title)
SUMMARY
Yukio is an unmotivated high school student, passing his days slacking off and skipping class with his troubled best friend, Ryuu. After getting caught making trouble at school, Yukio is forced into joining the ‘gardening club’ (ie, groundskeeping and trash pickup duty) as punishment. The only other member of the 'club' is Hibiki, a strange boy whose placid smile Yukio is sure hides something...

CHARACTERS
(initial sketches)

Shirobana Yukio
Our intrepid protagonist. Raised by his single mom. He used to be super shy as a kid but changed a lot over his teen years. Now he seems like the stoic, cool type. Actually kind of lazy, nosey and impulsive. Doesn't get angry easily. His grades are ok, but would be better if he put some effort in.

Kazumoto Ryuu
Yukio’s best friend. His parents are deadbeat and irresponsible, so he became a delinquent. He’s talkative, confident and energetic, but reckless and a bit selfish. Has a charm that works well on girls and middle aged moms. Surprisingly competent since he's used to taking care of himself. Good at cooking and rhythm games.

Shin Hibiki
The only other member of the garden club. Smiling constantly, so no one knows what he's thinking about. He's straightforward and seems naive, but very stubborn and definitely not easy to push around. His grades are really good, but he’s a bit helpless when it comes to practical things. Likes cute things. His definition of 'cute' is somewhat questionable though.

GOALS
  • Ryuu end, Hibiki end + Friendship end
  • 7+ CGs

NOTES
This is the first time I'm trying NaNoRenO and I didn't find out it was happening until like a week into March orz

So since I'm super late and working solo, I'm aiming to complete 1 route for NaNo and finish the other one after ;3;

this game will have some mature subject matters like underage drinking, parental neglect, teens having sex (mentioned but not in explicit detail). warnings will be added if anything else comes up!

optional questions::
  • whose route would you like to be finished first?
  • likes/dislikes about the character designs?
  • are there any features/story events you'd like to see added after NaNoRenO?
  • are there any concerns or critiques you have?
  • do you have a suggestion for a better title lol

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Second Year [BxB] [NaNoLateO]

#2 Post by Ghost of Crux »

whose route would you like to be finished first?
RYUU

likes/dislikes about the character designs?
I really like Yukio aaaaaaaaahhh

are there any features/story events you'd like to see added after NaNoRenO?
MMM none that I can think up at the moment, but maybe there will be later

are there any concerns or critiques you have?
Mmm none at the moment either SROYYR I do not brain well

do you have a suggestion for a better title lol
Pick Me Up, I'm Trash

LOVE the tag btw. NaNoLateO.
And the story sounds like something that's got promise-- I'd love to see this finished o v o
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Nekobako
Regular
Projects: LiveLive! (NaNoRenO '15)
IRC Nick: Nekobako
Tumblr: homodachin

Re: Second Year [BxB] [NaNoLateO]

#3 Post by Nekobako »

YELLS THERE'S SO MUCH BL THIS YEAR, MY POOR LITTLE FUDANSHI HEART CAN'T TAKE IT

whose route would you like to be finished first?
I-I like them both ;-; I feel like Ryuu's might be more straightforward though, since Hibiki's got some weirdness to get around first, while Ryuu's already your friend. So, a second vote for Ryuu? lol

likes/dislikes about the character designs?
I really like Hibiki...I think you got the feeling just right with the mysterious permanent smile.

are there any features/story events you'd like to see added after NaNoRenO?
Well, it's hard to say without actually knowing what's already there, so. Maybe ask again once it's actually been released?

are there any concerns or critiques you have?
Not sure if it qualifies as either, but how long are you planning on making this?

do you have a suggestion for a better title lol
I...I don't know ; o;

also laughing @ NaNoLateO. Good luck; I can't wait to see the finished thing ' v '