Der Ritter der Silberrose [Fantasy, Action] [NaNo 16]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Harick
Veteran

Der Ritter der Silberrose [Fantasy, Action] [NaNo 16]

#1 Post by Harick »

Der Ritter der Silberrose

The princess of the kingdom has been kidnapped by the scourge known as "The Bandit King". But the king dare not send an army to attack him because of the very real fear that he might kill her.
But one day news start spreading that the Bandit King has been killed by a lone man who goes by the name "The Silver Rose Knight". But when the Silver Rose killed the Bandit King he found out that the princess was taken away by the Bandit King's second in command, The Dragon, to another castle.
Now the Silver Rose has to get to the castle before the Dragon kills her.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
About
Der Ritter der Silberrose is a fairy tale inspired VN that is probably way too ambitious for a first project, so I can only hope it comes out any good.
The people working on this is me (sprite, CG and BG art, and writing) and Pullorcs (music and GUI)
It follows the basic idea of a knight saving a princess, but with some twists.
I hope I can make it at least entertaining, but I have to do the writing myself so I can't promise anything.
I wanted to have two routes that would lead to the same place but in different ways, but we decided to cut it since this is my first VN and I have to do all the art and writing >_<
The only interactable thing will be at the end that will be choosing between the perspectives of the princess and the Bandit King prior to the events in the main story.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Characters

The Silver Rose Knight.
Socially awkward due to having almost no contact with other people in several years, and the contact he had was being hired to kill people.
Does mercenary work so that he is able to pay for his true calling, helping people.

The Bandit King.
Leader of a "kingdom" whose only population are bandits and raiders working for him.
His men looked up to him, so much that his death could potentially destroy his "kingdom"

The Dragon.
He is the last of a culture of Dragon worshipers on the continent. The rest were banished by the kingdoms in a crusade. Due to that he wants revenge, and joined the Bandit King to get it.

The princess.
Oldest daughter of the king of Elvenna. She spent much time trying to unite the kingdoms around Elvenna to join a war against the Bandit King, though she hasn't been able to.
Progress
Art: Sprites are 50% done, BGs are about 25% done, CGs are 15% I think, GUI is 25-50% done I think? Not sure.
Writing: Painfully at about 0% due to rewriting everything all the time.
Music: 25-35%? Depends really.
This probably doesn't seem very interesting, but any feedback would be welcome.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Der Ritter der Silberrose [Fantasy, Action] [NaNo 16]

#2 Post by MimirollCookie »

Fantachii and action combined.
Seems a new genre but looks so cool 8) a weird mix-up is always cool.
Good luck!
(Don't mind the spelling of "fantasy")
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Candy☆Giants
Regular
Projects: Five Star Freeloaders
Deviantart: idrawbases

#3 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Hm, interesting premise! If the Silver Rose Knight doesn't turn out to be a woman in disguise... I'll just have to draw fanart where he is. Who knows what's behind that full suit of armor?

Seriously though, good luck with your game! I feel like I've bitten off a bit more'n I can chew myself. You can do it! 8D

Harick
Veteran

#4 Post by Harick »

UPDATE:

Ok, so a lot has happened, none of it good. First off, Pullorcs who I was working with decided to leave, so it's only me working on this now.
After that I went on a vacation, but for some reason I can't remember I decided not to bring my pc, so I'm way behind scedule (couldn't draw without it.)
There has been other stuff too, but who cares. Basicaly I can't get this done for NaNo. I'll still finish it, not sure when, but whatever.