Weird Is Normal ~Delivery~ [Comedy, Drama, Pizza, NaNo2016]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

Weird Is Normal ~Delivery~ [Comedy, Drama, Pizza, NaNo2016]

#1 Post by MoonByte »

I had....what, about four days left to participate? Don't expect the story of the century, I may be a GameJam veteran, but I have my limits xD

Story:
Johnson wants pizza.
Like, really, really badly. But he has a raid on that boss monster going right now and he can't just abandon the computer.
Lucky for him, he has a mobile phone filled with contacts that can surely help him out. Right? Right?
Try and figure out, how to get Johnson his pizza. But beware, you may have to pay bitterly for that delivery...

Characters:
Johnson
He's a daemon, hacker, MMORPG-player and adorer of fast food. Too bad that he can't clone or he would quickly get his own pizza.
Marvin
Marvin is a vampire and his best friend. Kinda. He is at least usually the guy to bring him some, but weirdly, he seems distracted today. Why?
Birk
Johnsons boss, a two-headed, four-armed creature and one of the few ones that can actually look him in the eyes. 'Nuff said.

I have barely any time, so the game is very simple:
Three characters, four endings (sounds like a lot, but believe me, it's not, you'll see). Getting the endings is very easy because time. There are no fancy mini games or plot twists because time. It also features barely anything because time. But hey, I will try my best to make it look nice (I am studying Game Arts so that better be good for SOMETHING xD).

I will add some screens once I have finished SOMEthing, but for now, please enjoy at least the background that I have finished today in absolute desperation:
Yes, Johnson is on tumblr, so what, who isn't?!
Last edited by MoonByte on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

Re: Weird Is Normal ~Delivery~ [Comedy, Drama, Fast Food]

#2 Post by RumRat »

This seems fun and simple, I'll give it a shot once it's finished. :D

Oh and, four days, geez, good luck. :"D
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#3 Post by MimirollCookie »

PIZZA!........................
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#4 Post by MoonByte »

Thanks, I have finished the script, now all that's left for tomorrow is deciding wether or not I wanna make a whole menu in the few hours left or not xD
Don't worry, it has all the cheesy pizza love you may desire:

Or it CAN have it, granted that you manage to get some.
Johnson at least really hopes you do.