Running Blade

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Running Blade

#1 Post by Donmai »

So, where's my NaNoRenO entry? Well, I've been working on it since March, 8. I Only forgot to announce I was doing it. I think I will at least use this last NaNoRenO minutes to say that, for the first time, I will not be finishing my game on time.
Music room.
Music room.
This is (er... will be) a fan game. I believe the title (and the visuals) say it all. It's not a remake of the movie, or the novel. It's something like a parallel story, with different characters and situations.
Save/Load screen.
Save/Load screen.
It's a short story, but working solo, especially on a story with multiple endings, sometimes isn't compatible with doing things in a hurry.
Pause menu.
Pause menu.
An example of choice menu (looks better when animated).
An example of choice menu (looks better when animated).
Currently I have one of the branches of the story fully concluded. All the soundtrack is ready (and man, I liked the result :) ). My working method is somehow chaotic, as I start with the UI, then I go creating graphics (sometimes music) and writing the dialogues alternately, with one or another pause to test some special effects.
Are the futuristic/decaying locations atmospheric enough?
Are the futuristic/decaying locations atmospheric enough?
No sarcasm here, believe it or not.
No sarcasm here, believe it or not.
As it always happens, after doing all the work I will still need someone to correct my terrible English.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Running Blade

#2 Post by fleet »

I like the art. :)
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers

#3 Post by Donmai »

Thank you, fleet.

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: Blackberry Honey, Mermaid of Zennor, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicles of Mars, etc.
Deviantart: Renmiou

#4 Post by Renmiou »

Oooh! I've actually been looking in the NaNoRenO games list for this year for your entry and was a bit disappointed to see there wasn't one! I loved Lil Red, The One in Love and Toire No Hanako and I've been playing the Blade Runner game on and off, so this is quite fitting with my tastes(due to some PC problems, I should pick it up again).

I love the generally cold lights you've got here, I think they help a lot in unifying the images, too. I'm so glad you're making something this year as well, I'll play it for sure as soon as it's out, no matter what!

Thanks for sharing so many VNs so far, they're all so interesting and the visuals keep improving with each release. I really like the relationships you create and how human your characters are. I'm so exited to be able to wait for another one of your stories!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Donmai »

Thank you so much, Renmiou. I'm spending more and more time on Photoshop (maybe that's the reason I couldn't finish the game on time :lol: ). I create my VN's just for fun, and I have to say I'm having lots of fun. Thank you again for your kind words :) . The idea of creating this game came from the fact that the androids in Blade Runner were all activated in... 2016. Yes, days of future passed.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Donmai »

Oh my! I thought I was going to finish my work this week, but then I decided to add some choices to the "Empathy Test" scene, which resulted in my "brilliant" idea of including a fourth ending to the story. Testers will be spotting some more plot holes, it seems :? .
runaway01.jpg
Looks like I'm really unable to write a simple story.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#7 Post by Lesleigh63 »

You always do interesting things. I like the look of the art.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Donmai »

Thank you :) .

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Running Blade (Beta)

#9 Post by Donmai »

police_room06.jpg
Okay, I believe the damn thing is completed now :lol: . I'd like to know if there are four brave persons here who would like to be beta testers. If you have some time to test it, just send me a PM. I'm also needing someone to proofread my text.
Edit: okay, I have a proofreader and two beta testers so far. Anyone else? :)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Donmai »

Ok, game is tested and proofreaded. Final version coming soon. A million thanks :) .