Feels like Falling [GxB][Rom/Slice of Life][NaNoReNo '17]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Steam Bunny
Projects: INHABIT
Tumblr: steam-bunny
Deviantart: steam-bunny

Feels like Falling [GxB][Rom/Slice of Life][NaNoReNo '17]

#1 Post by Steam Bunny »

S u m m a r y :
Elise, 18, is currently in High-School. When she suddenly wakes up with wings and the ability to fly, it seems like everything is going to be fantastic. Finally, she'll be able to get the attention of her distant crush - Asher - an underclassman who had recently become popular after the joining the volleyball team. While she's eager to use her newfound powers at any opportunity, her best friend Issaiah tries his best to keep her in check.

Feels like Falling is, as far as things go, a rather impulsive project. Originally I had something else planned - something that was a lot bigger than this, involving 6 character, 3 love interests, and a really complicated sort of story. It was also a sci-fi - something that I had little experience trying to write or plan for, and as I was sitting and thinking about what the hell me and my partner were going to do about this, I thought that maybe it was better to tackle something smaller and more familiar. So this is a High-school romance, slice of life

C h a r a c t e r s :
Elise - Elise is currently a third-year in highschool. Her personality is quite hard to place - she's something of an impulsive character, very much defined by the fact that she can overthink everything at one moment and do something completely thoughtless the next. She's not loud as much as she is brash and blunt, though does have a habit of getting flustered.

Issaiah - Issaiah has been living in the same neighbourhood as Elise for a long time. He likes to worry - a lot. He'll always be concerned about someone - usually Elise - or something that's happening. He tries his best at school, and is one of those rare, genuinely selfless people who don't expect anything in return.

Asher - Asher is a fairly distant character - or at least, he appears that way. He's mostly just quiet, but after coming to the new school and becoming the centre of attention so quickly, he's now somewhat cocky. He is putting on that front however, purely because he feels like he needs to be interesting. In the situation he can find someone that he trusts, he'd be able to let that guise slip a little.

P l a n s & D e v e l o p e m e n t :
Our team is comprised of two people - myself, and my loyal partner, Green Bastard. They probably won't be posting, simply because a lot of the development is on my shoulders.
The work is divided as follows -

Writing - Green Bastard/Steam Bunny
Art - Steam Bunny
GUI - Steam Bunny
Coding - Steam Bunny
Music - Royalty Free

This will be Green Bastard's first attempt at doing Visual Novel stuff, so they'll mostly be helping with writing. At this point and time, we will not be looking for extra people - I feel that the size of the project is small enough that two people can manage, and after various other experiences with both NaNoReNo projects and general visual novel stuff, it's better to keep things between a smaller amount of people.

As for features, this is mostly going to be a decision-based affection system, and I'll be doing as many CGs as I can. There will not be anything terribly complicated gameplay-wise, and there will be no voice acting. There may be potential for this to include an optional 18+ version later, however, that will probably come after at least the beta is done for NaNoReNo, then the adult version would be in the full release

With that being said, I'll be adding some artwork and graphics to make this page a lot prettier, and I'll be doing my best to keep this updated.

P R O G R E S S:

Planning: 60%
Writing: 5%
Sprites: 10%
CGS: -
GUI: -
Coding: -
S c r e e n s h o t s
Brought to you by:
- Please click here to go to the developement blog -
Last edited by Steam Bunny on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

Re: Feels like Falling [GxB][Rom/Slice of Life][NaNoReNo '17

#2 Post by Alcor »

Hey, the premise of this sounds cute! This sounds like the type of game I'd like to play to just feel warm and fuzzy for a while.

Your art (from what I've seen) is gorgeous, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you make. Good luck!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This sounds pretty cute! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Steam Bunny

#4 Post by Steam Bunny »

New art added - I've done some basic concept art for the character, and while I'm away from my main computer this weekend, I'll be getting a start on the writing.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

woaaaaaah dude your art is awesome. Like holy crap man.

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#6 Post by Mama J »

Holy mother of Jesus, the sprites are absolutely breathtaking! Asher is definitely the kind of guy I'd lust after, wowza. Keeping an eye on this, for sure!

Steam Bunny

#7 Post by Steam Bunny »

Thank you for the comments everyone! I'm glad you all like the art! Unfortunately school has taken a decent amount of time away from me, so I've only been able to do a bit of writing. Most of next week will be sorting out the sprites however, as well as more writing. Once I have a GUI together I will be releasing a very short alpha or sorts. Until then, I'll be sure to keep you all posted and update this with art as it comes!

Steam Bunny

#8 Post by Steam Bunny »

A finished state of one of the sprites. This is what Elise will look like in game. I'm happy with this one at the moment, and will be moving onto Issaiah next.

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#9 Post by pyopyon »

Oh my gosh! THEM BROWS *__*

Looking over your concept and art, there's nothing but hearteyes from me! I'm definitely excited for your release! You're doing a lot of things solo, so I wish you extra power!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Steam Bunny

#10 Post by Steam Bunny »

I have started uploading stuff to the blog associated with this game! Please check it out, there's going to be stuff posted there that won't be posted here! The link is the link at the bottom of the first post, as well as the image in my signature!

Steam Bunny

#11 Post by Steam Bunny »

Progress shot! I wasn't going to go to fancy with the menus so I could put effort into the textbox and such. I've put together the assets I have at the moment, so please, let me know what you think! I'm having some issues with the side image pushing the dialogue over whenever Elise is speaking, and I'm not too sure how to fix it so I may just have to leave it - unless someone has an idea of how to deal with that?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#12 Post by Zelan »

Awww, I love Elise's shirt! ^_^ That textbox is great, too - simple and cute. The torn-page look is very well done!

I've never had to program GUI before, so unfortunately I can't help you there, but I don't think it looks bad the way it is now. c:

Steam Bunny

#13 Post by Steam Bunny »

Got the main menu image done, meaning that I finally have a picture I can use to promote the game!

Plueschkatze
Regular
Tumblr: Plueschkatzeart
Deviantart: Plueschkatze
itch: Plueschkatze

#14 Post by Plueschkatze »

The main menu/promo art looks beautiful! Great job.
Social Media:
Twitter | Itch.io | Patreon

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#15 Post by Katy133 »

This game sounds really intriguing to me. I really like the art style of the character spites. I'll check this out when it's done. Good luck on Nanoreno! :D
Last edited by Katy133 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!