Wishful Thinking [GxB] [Supernatur] [Rom] [NaNo 2017] [DEMO]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

Re: Wishful Thinking [GxB] [Supernatural] [Romance] [NaNo 20

#16 Post by emihaumut »

This game is looking great! I can't wait to play it and try to win over Mr F, lol. I'm really digging the painterly sprites.

I hope your cat's doing ok. :(

Shades of Night
Regular
Tumblr: serilyn
Deviantart: shadesofnight

#17 Post by Shades of Night »

Thanks! It certainly is fun to write :D

Poor kitty is absolutely miserable with his cone, can't wait until he's healed and can get out of it. But he's very good and patient.

Annd an update! I have all the character sprites fully coloured! All they're lacking now is expressions. I updated the first post with new images of them. Also! I finally came up with proper names for all of them. It was probably about time I got around to that XD

Shades of Night
Regular

#18 Post by Shades of Night »

Okay...

Writing is done. Coding is mostly done. UI just has a couple of bugs and if I have time I want to do custom choice and exit screens. There's no way I'll have time for the CGs and backgrounds so instead I'm just putting in the sketches of them with sloppy gradients on top so you don't get blinded by white.

Sprite expressions and choices (aside from the standard type your name and choose an arc) won't be in because I just don't have time to get them done properly.

Sooo basically I'm going to call this an alpha demo. Because it's missing bits, but does give a bit of a taste of what the game will be like. I'm not entirely sure exactly when Nano ends because of timezones (I think I still have another day?), Itch.io shows 2 days left? So I'll get whatever I can done and make it as presentable as possible within that time :D

Shades of Night
Regular

#19 Post by Shades of Night »

Done with the demo! Sorta...

Didn't get time to do custom choice and exit screens, alas...

So as I mentioned, this is an alpha demo, meaning it's a bit rough in places and really just to get a taste of what I'm working on with WT.

In this version there are no: choices (aside from which arc and character name), sprite expressions. Backgrounds, main page and CGs are in very rough sketch with quick gradient fill form. UI will likely change in later versions.

Known bugs (that I'm still trying to fix):
First save game slot doesn't show text.
Save/load game text is only seen on hover.
Empty save game slot text is pushed to the bottom of the screen.
When characters say 3 lines of dialogue their name gets pushed up.
Characters stand waayyy at each edge of the screen instead of a little closer.

That being said, it works!

So if you'd like to try it out, you can do so right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ttrokl5ac80w ... l.zip?dl=0

(Hopefully my dropbox won't keel over, if it does I'll find a better place to upload)

And here is a screenshot :D