To Weave a Thread | BxB | Fantasy/Family [NaNo17] [DEMO out]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: To Weave a Thread | BxB | Fantasy/Family [NaNo17]

#76 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Good midnight 3:20 am guys I
am sick (and also crying blood)
I got a fever and it's really only thanks to Ksen that I'm able to do this, because he helped me get through the last stretch of development by coding in all the sprite changes and tested things out in my stead. ///closes eyes/// many thanks go to him. he has saved my life and my money that would've been spent on binge-eating noodles

But anyway, the NaNoDemo for To Weave a Thread is out!

The official demo will be released in about two weeks, or at the latest the end of April. But for now, placeholders are abound and the world is silent as my 4 pm sleepy stupor :'D
(also, I haven't checked the copy after Ksen helpfully placed in stuffs and tested things. I'm so sorry, but it's 3 am and I'm both exhausted and an anxious and minorly depressive mess :'D The poor guy can attest to that)
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: To Weave a Thread | BxB | Fantasy/Family [NaNo17] [DEMO

#77 Post by Zelan »

<3 Please get some rest! Being sick is no fun. Kick it in the butt so you don't have to feel all icky.

I downloaded the demo! I can't play it now (my fuckin Music History project is due tomorrow and it's only 2/3rds done ahahahaHA) but I will anxiously await my next moment of free time!

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#78 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:<3 Please get some rest! Being sick is no fun. Kick it in the butt so you don't have to feel all icky.

I downloaded the demo! I can't play it now (my fuckin Music History project is due tomorrow and it's only 2/3rds done ahahahaHA) but I will anxiously await my next moment of free time!
I'M AWAKE BUT AT WAHT COST

instead of sleeping i'm writing this and so far it's literally 2 menus of em being ridiculous and in one you have two different options where you call unia your mommy
clearly 6 am writing is best writing

in any case, good luck with your music history project! I BELIEVE IN YOU
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#79 Post by Zelan »

6 am writing trumps all but please dont die my friend

it would get done faster if i wasn't screwing around on lemmasoft THANK YOU FOR YOUR BELIEF I SHALL CHERISH IT

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by Ghost of Crux »

this happened

GO DO THE THING
the faster the faster you can do things you like! Don't be like me.
Image Image

Glitterbark
Regular
Projects: Best Wishes
Tumblr: glitterbarkgaming
itch: glitterbark

#81 Post by Glitterbark »

GET SOME MCFREAKIN SLEEP YOU DOOF

i'm gonna go play this now tho LET'S GO
WIP: Image

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by Ghost of Crux »

FoxTrotMuffin wrote:GET SOME MCFREAKIN SLEEP YOU DOOF

i'm gonna go play this now tho LET'S GO
SLEEPING IS FOR PEOPLE WITH REASONABLE HOURS I MIGHT
or might not have drunk the paracetamol with caffeine for my fever

I'M SAD THIS VERSION DOESN'T HAVE THE WILD ANSWERS YET but thANKS! there are some errors I forgot to check for but welp
Image Image

Glitterbark
Regular

#83 Post by Glitterbark »

SLEEPING IS FOR SICK PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DESPERATELY NEED TO GET THEIR BUTTS INTO BED. i may want those answers desperately and hella badly, but not at the expense of your health.

briar would make you go sleep, you know.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#84 Post by Ghost of Crux »

CLOSES EYES briar is very pretty
Statistics:

The game contains 891 dialogue blocks, containing 9,000 words and 48,903
characters, for an average of 10.1 words and 55 characters per block.

The game contains 15 menus, 5 images, and 27 screens.
ALSO I'M DYING HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THAT PICTURE OF ALLY I'M SCREAMING HE IS SO SOFT AND GOOD IN YOUR ART STYLE IM,,,, CLOSES EYES,,, HOW GOOD IS TODAY THAT BRIAR IS HERE AND ALSO THERE IS A PICTURE OF ALLY

BLESS YOUR SOUL MY FRIEND
Image Image

Glitterbark
Regular

#85 Post by Glitterbark »

(omg i'm glad you liked it haha i will do some proper fanart soon b/c that was a lil scribble)

I finished a playthrough, and I'm very intrigued. I love games that just kind of... drop you into the character's lives and force you to put together what's what! I'm going to do another playthrough soon to check out other options and I feel like I'll understand everything a lot better the second go around, which is a cool feature. (Not that I was ever like, really confused, but still.) There are a lot of little grammar mistakes, but w/e it's nano you're sick and haven't had time to prune and edit. There were a lot of other places where I was like "DAMN what a good line" so there's definitely some great stuff to polish.

I also really like dancing scenes and the cutaway images. It makes playing the game feel active and visually interesting, so aces on that, I like the effect and can't wait to see it when all the assets are finished.

(oh my god, allie, shauna, and lesath are cute and precious and pure when they interact.)

ANYWAY, tl;dr I LIKED IT A LOT, ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE FUN, ANN IS A BIG OL JERK AND I SHIP THE TWO DUMB IDIOTS.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#86 Post by Zelan »

THE PROJECT IS DONE i kinda gave up near the end but w/e it's good enough

now both of us need to SLEEP in fact i hope you are already asleep and you read this in like 20 hours after you wake up

also i can't art like, at all, but i wanna hop on the fanart train over here so
Attachments
this is probably not as funny as i think it is
this is probably not as funny as i think it is

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by Ghost of Crux »

FoxTrotMuffin wrote:(omg i'm glad you liked it haha i will do some proper fanart soon b/c that was a lil scribble)

I finished a playthrough, and I'm very intrigued. I love games that just kind of... drop you into the character's lives and force you to put together what's what! I'm going to do another playthrough soon to check out other options and I feel like I'll understand everything a lot better the second go around, which is a cool feature. (Not that I was ever like, really confused, but still.) There are a lot of little grammar mistakes, but w/e it's nano you're sick and haven't had time to prune and edit. There were a lot of other places where I was like "DAMN what a good line" so there's definitely some great stuff to polish.

I also really like dancing scenes and the cutaway images. It makes playing the game feel active and visually interesting, so aces on that, I like the effect and can't wait to see it when all the assets are finished.

(oh my god, allie, shauna, and lesath are cute and precious and pure when they interact.)

ANYWAY, tl;dr I LIKED IT A LOT, ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE FUN, ANN IS A BIG OL JERK AND I SHIP THE TWO DUMB IDIOTS.

AHHH thank you for such detailed comment! I'm working on revising the dialogue so that it's not too confusing (at least on the basics), but since the one who has full access to everything is, well, the owner of the characters and knows all the plot twist, his input in this case is very much unrepresentative of the average reader LOL I intended to run the script through people who knows no

ERJKLH okay but I'm laughing because little grammatical mistakes, yes... my specialty. I'll send it through some folks for the revised demo, though! My English education is pretty much throw things at a wall so grammar is not my... :'D Thank you for drawing attention to it, though! I really need to get cracking on hunting them down.

YAYAY I'm glad! Honestly I've been trying to. Cut down 'descriptives' on moments like those-- I wanted the text to less describe his movements and more to describe his reasoning and general thoughts; things that are like punches and goes straight to the point. (It's kind of why the dance parts are generally expository and like lasts 10 screens or sth) I'm glad the mini CGs are doing their part in looking pretty, at least!

(ALLY IS MOM TO THEM ALL,,,he will watch them grow like healthy plants)
LJKHEKJRTSRETS BRIAR-SENPAI,,,, FUWA FUWA
Zelan wrote:THE PROJECT IS DONE i kinda gave up near the end but w/e it's good enough

now both of us need to SLEEP in fact i hope you are already asleep and you read this in like 20 hours after you wake up

also i can't art like, at all, but i wanna hop on the fanart train over here so
GOOD ENOUGH IS GOOD
TOO BAD FOR YOU I HAD 4.5 HRS OF SLEEP,, thank you alarms adjusted according to rem cycles

JKRTHSLRJEHKTKJS okay but I'm
that's exactly how Em would draw if he draws Lesath at all
[4/3/2017 6:43:47 PM] Ksen: AEFGIAEGFLAUEGFAEFGAIFGEAFEAF T BH
[4/3/2017 6:43:48 PM] Ksen: em’s artistry is impeccable
[4/3/2017 6:44:29 PM] Ksen: ok but it’s good this is. good fanart i
pls give my thanks that’s actually how lesath is
this fanart is practically canon
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#88 Post by Zelan »

I am glad that my shit art skills could bring you people pleasure in life *bows* i live to serve

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#89 Post by Zelan »

I JUST PLAYED THROUGH IT AND *five thumbs up*

There's so much WORLD to understand! It was like I was doing a puzzle. I like this way more than a dumb infodump at the beginning like "these are all of the things about this world that you need to know" instead just like "here start figuring it out" and it's s o g r e a t. And the way it goes out of order and you've gotta figure out what's up??? I love it

I love cart lady so much by the way. Her and Em's banter is joyous, I wish I could write banter like that. (When the "wife only?" option came up I hit it and the following dialogue was 100% perfection man)

This error did come up at one point but it didn't break the game or anything, Em just disappeared for a couple screens. Figured I'd drop it here though so you can find it easier. http://i.imgur.com/nDUtmm2.png

tl;dr I love it and Thala is such a precious like my DUDE he must be protected. (Also this was really nice to play after I had to go through SAT hell today so thank you so much for this <3)

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran

#90 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Zelan wrote:I JUST PLAYED THROUGH IT AND *five thumbs up*

There's so much WORLD to understand! It was like I was doing a puzzle. I like this way more than a dumb infodump at the beginning like "these are all of the things about this world that you need to know" instead just like "here start figuring it out" and it's s o g r e a t. And the way it goes out of order and you've gotta figure out what's up??? I love it

I love cart lady so much by the way. Her and Em's banter is joyous, I wish I could write banter like that. (When the "wife only?" option came up I hit it and the following dialogue was 100% perfection man)

This error did come up at one point but it didn't break the game or anything, Em just disappeared for a couple screens. Figured I'd drop it here though so you can find it easier. http://i.imgur.com/nDUtmm2.png

tl;dr I love it and Thala is such a precious like my DUDE he must be protected. (Also this was really nice to play after I had to go through SAT hell today so thank you so much for this <3)
AHHH I'm so glad you liked that decision to figure out the world! It was something I intended to do because of both the plot (//ghost noises oOO// nothing is really as two-dimensional as is understood by individual characters) and just generally how Em works, but then that entire puzzle-piece world became ten times more pronounced considering the majority of his conversation in the demo is with the cart lady (Unia)-- who has tons of secrets of her own, and a shady backstory to back it up. They ended up just avoiding stating the "obvious" in a sort of winkawonks at each other and it ran away from me LMAO
(half their banter is Em trying to fish out information. Unia knows.)

EM'S WIFE COMMENT IS A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING. I'll see if I can get the section finished for the polished release, but it birthed even more off-the-rails menu options fairly soon, and you can traumatize both yourself and Thala while you're at it.

AH YEAH that one-- I just noticed it too late but it's. Lack of spaces orz I'll update the page with a corrected version when I get back from this roadtrip! Thank you, by the way! :'D

I'M GLAD YOU LIKED IT AT ALL,,, My track record is fairly empty in the VN dev world so I'm happy enough anyone would give it a try :'D
Are you out of SAT hell yet??
Image Image