The Crossroads [Romance GxB, Supernatural][NaNo17][COMPLETE]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: The Crossroads [Modern, Romance GxB, Supernatural][NaNo1

#16 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

The art looks fantastic! ♡
The main character sprite looks so pretty ;;

I love how you put details for the backgrounds especially for the day and night variations.

So far the story seems interesting (supernatural!!) And both of the men are attractive ;)
Can't wait too play this when it's out and I'll be sure keeping an eye for your updates!

Kirlett
Regular

#17 Post by Kirlett »

Aw. Your games make me so happy n_n
MC is beautiful and I'm amazed at how you decided to include the personality feature even in this game! Such a hard-working and talented artist! *-*
I'll play this game, of course, as I'd play any game you made.

<3

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#18 Post by Harliqueen »

buxton1990 wrote:This looks really cool. The sprites look really attractive, I love games with supernatural ideas in.

Good Luck!!
Thank you so much! I hope the actual sprites come out as well as the sketches :D
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:The art looks fantastic! ♡
The main character sprite looks so pretty ;;

I love how you put details for the backgrounds especially for the day and night variations.

So far the story seems interesting (supernatural!!) And both of the men are attractive ;)
Can't wait too play this when it's out and I'll be sure keeping an eye for your updates!
Backgrounds are the bane of my life, but I do like the variety of night and day :D I think it can really help make a difference in game.

Thank you so much for your encouragement!
Kirlett wrote:Aw. Your games make me so happy n_n
MC is beautiful and I'm amazed at how you decided to include the personality feature even in this game! Such a hard-working and talented artist! *-*
I'll play this game, of course, as I'd play any game you made.

<3
Ah, thank you so much for your support! :oops:

Yeah, I like the personality options too much in my VNs to leave them out, even if it does take quite a bit of work. I think it's worth the result in the end!

--
Report: Day 4-7

So, the backgrounds and the GUI are done! :D Yay! Now those are out of the way, I can can get on with the fun art.

Speaking of which, I have been working hard past couple of days on the MC sprite. Oh man... it was some work- I forgot the intensity of character customisation- and I did think about quitting at one point.. But, it's done! And, I'm really kinda happy with the result.

It's only skin colour, hair colour, and eye colour, but hopefully it will be a bit of fun for people (though, she does also have a date variation of outfit and hair- but I will leave that as a surprise in game ;) ).

I will be moving onto the love interest sprites next, which I'm super excited about!

Hope everyone is doing well :)
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#19 Post by Alcor »

MC looks fantastic! Character customization in games is always cool, and I think you have a good variety of choices. I'm loving her outfit, and definitely looking forward to seeing her date outfit :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

My lord, Tiana is cute. *_* can I just romance her

Man, not only is your content quality, but there's SO MUCH OF IT, in every game. You always have a perfect blend of quality and quantity. c:

Glitterbark
Regular
Projects: Best Wishes
Tumblr: glitterbarkgaming
itch: glitterbark

#21 Post by Glitterbark »

This is looking so good! I (and probably like...... 90% of the visual novel community????) am a huge fan of The Lady's Choice, so seeing another game from you is exciting. And I adore the customization! PARTICULARLY THE ABILITY TO ADD FRECKLES. YES. THANK YOU. thank you.

I know it must be super difficult, but let it be known, it's appreciated!

(also i second the motion of 'plz let me just romance tiana she is majorly cute'.)
WIP: Image

Ammeh
Regular

#22 Post by Ammeh »

...Okay I'm pretty sure that even if the download were corrupted and all the text in the game showed up as illegible characters, I would still happily complete a full playthrough just to stare at Tiana.

(My monitor tends to show dark colors as slightly too dark, so I do have a little trouble making out her features with the darkest skintone, which is a pity, because it's lovely!)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)

#23 Post by Harliqueen »

@ALCOR_etc- I'm so glad you like her outfit :D I tried to go more modern for her look, which is not what I usually do, so it's nice to know it doesn't look off or anything.

@Zelan- Oh wow, thank you so much for such kind words! *blushes* I really like to try and push myself in everything I do, though I think I need to remember I'm only one person sometimes :D

@FoxTrotMuffin- I hope people who like The Lady's Choice will like this too :D Should still be nice and romancey, if modern and quite a bit lighter at times!

I'm glad the freckles are worth it :) I think it's just a little thing that can really help make a difference.

@Ammeh- Haha :D I'm glad you like her so much. I was a bit worried because she didn't really match the concept art that I did (though I did that very quickly), so it's nice to know that people like her anyway!

I might go back in and add some more to the highlight layer on the darkest skintone- hopefully that will help. I tend to be very light on highlight because I worry characters will look shiny :D But, I think a bit more could help.

---

Quick Update
I've finished the first love interest sprite. Yay! Lucan is complete...
He also has a date variation outfit, which I will keep as a surprise for the game... but I am ridiculously pleased with it :D
For some reason, in this visual novel, I am struggling to match sprites to the concept art I've done- they take on a look of their own as soon as I begin drawing. But still, I hope you guys like him.

Kirlett
Regular

#24 Post by Kirlett »

He looks even hotter now 8) No problem here

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#25 Post by Zelan »

Aww, man, that slightly tousled hair on the right... boy oh boy, I am a fan.

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#26 Post by Amy_oai »

This team never ceases to amaze me! I'm really looking forward to see more of this, the story sounds engaging and the sprites look amazing!
Good luck with the rest of Nano! ♥
Image Image Image Image

Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

#27 Post by Cube »

Is it weird that I don't trust Lucan? ^^" Protag looks mighty fine, though. And great job on those BGs! (They're always SO STUPIDLY HARD)
ImageImageImage

Harliqueen
Veteran

#28 Post by Harliqueen »

Kirlett wrote:He looks even hotter now 8) No problem here
Hehe, I'm glad you like him anyway ;)
Zelan wrote:Aww, man, that slightly tousled hair on the right... boy oh boy, I am a fan.
I do always like going a bit disheveled for the very strictly dressed characters... It's a weakness...
Amy_oai wrote:This team never ceases to amaze me! I'm really looking forward to see more of this, the story sounds engaging and the sprites look amazing!
Good luck with the rest of Nano! ♥
Thank you so much! It is a team of one, which I really need to remember when I start planning things and go overboard :D

Good luck with your own project, looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Cube wrote:Is it weird that I don't trust Lucan? ^^" Protag looks mighty fine, though. And great job on those BGs! (They're always SO STUPIDLY HARD)
You're probably smart not to trust Lucan... :D Thank you so much for the kind words. Backgrounds are so hard, so I like to get them out of the way.

Though, 2 of the BGs also have date variations, which I really like, so I'm proud of those!

---

I'll be working on Tiana and Tristan's sprite today, so hopefully will have something to show in the next couple of days. I also managed to start the script, yay!

(I only meant to pop on Lemmasoft this morning in between work stuff, then ended up commenting and reading up on tons of people's projects. Seriously, there are so many quality VNs happening in NaNo this year, I'm so excited!)

Ammeh
Regular

#29 Post by Ammeh »

Amending my previous comment; I would happily complete a playthrough with no text to stare at Tiana and Lucan. ;)

Harliqueen
Veteran

#30 Post by Harliqueen »

Ammeh wrote:Amending my previous comment; I would happily complete a playthrough with no text to stare at Tiana and Lucan. ;)
I'm really glad you like him :D If you've got to play a game for a while, might as well get to stare at some eye-candy, right?

--
Super Quick Update

Just quickly popping in to update. Managed to finish Tristan's sprite, and touch up the MC's sprite- I'll replace the MC preview. I'm hoping she's a bit better now? I think my monitor must be set weirdly, and I'm a bit worried the highlight is too much?

Also, Tristan's sprite:

He may not get Lucan's cheekbones or smolder, but he at least gets a shirtless scene! :D

Gonna have a bit of a break tomorrow, then start on the script and CGs from here on out now all the sprites are finished!