a(t)rium [NaNo'17] - DEMO RELEASED

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

Re: a(t)rium [GxB] [NaNo'17]

#31 Post by Alcor »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Thank you!! <33 I'm so glad you love it and you're very much welcome~!
ofc I don't mind, go ahead and post it on your tumblr, I'm happy you liked the fanart that you want to post in on your blog :D
Thank you, I'm posting it as we speak! But--pardon my ignorance--which game are you working on? :O

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#32 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

ALCOR_etc wrote:Thank you, I'm posting it as we speak! But--pardon my ignorance--which game are you working on? :O
Awww thanks! Oh if you mean the NaNoReNo project, it's not been posted in the forum yet, there will be a thread for the project in few days from now I think!

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#33 Post by Agashi »

AH! I haven't really had a chance to browse many projects yet this year (been busy, yup.) but this is one that I think I'll definitely be looking forward to!

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T) -
Very! I love a good dash of mystery with my slice of life, and the premise surrounding a flower shop sounds really cute. I enjoy learning about niche settings like this too, so I hope there's some info scattered in here about gardening and terrariums. <<< (Is a huge nerd.)

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you? -
The most interesting? Probably Hisashi (does the fact that he looks white, but has a Japanese name ever get addressed? xD) since he seems like he'd have a lot more going on than he first appears...

But the guy I'm most interested IN is definitely Ross at this point. :oops: His chibi art is SOOOO cute, and I love my sweet, studious, maybe-slightly-shy bookworms... Haha, good luck with this! I really, really, hope you finish in time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

#34 Post by Avior »

I'm a little late to the party but I'm really looking forward to this game! The art style is really nice!

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T):
It does! I like the flower shop premise. I'm... suspicious of what might be going on at this flower shop, haha.

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you?:
Probably Kennith...? He seems to be my type, haha. I do love astronomy though, so I'm also a little interested in Ross.

Good luck with your project!
Image Image

Alcor
Veteran

#35 Post by Alcor »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Awww thanks! Oh if you mean the NaNoReNo project, it's not been posted in the forum yet, there will be a thread for the project in few days from now I think!
Eeee, I saw it! :D
Agashi wrote:AH! I haven't really had a chance to browse many projects yet this year (been busy, yup.) but this is one that I think I'll definitely be looking forward to!

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T) -
Very! I love a good dash of mystery with my slice of life, and the premise surrounding a flower shop sounds really cute. I enjoy learning about niche settings like this too, so I hope there's some info scattered in here about gardening and terrariums. <<< (Is a huge nerd.)

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you? -
The most interesting? Probably Hisashi (does the fact that he looks white, but has a Japanese name ever get addressed? xD) since he seems like he'd have a lot more going on than he first appears...

But the guy I'm most interested IN is definitely Ross at this point. :oops: His chibi art is SOOOO cute, and I love my sweet, studious, maybe-slightly-shy bookworms... Haha, good luck with this! I really, really, hope you finish in time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh hey, Agashi! I'm really honored to receive comments, as I'm sure lots of people are really busy with their own projects. It means a lot to me when people are willing to take time out of their day to look at what I'm working on, so thank you!

I hope to do the flower shop setting justice! I do have some experience working in a flower shop, but it was most making floral arrangements and all, so not exactly the same as the shop in this project. I'm actually pretty bad at taking care of plants. I'll probably have to do more research on terrariums and the like!

And I'm really glad you noticed that about Hisashi! It'll definitely be addressed in the game (though probably not until late in the game, so not in the demo). He definitely has his secrets. Meanwhile, another vote for Ross! (He's definitely winning in the Popular Love Interest category :D)
Avior wrote:I'm a little late to the party but I'm really looking forward to this game! The art style is really nice!

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T):
It does! I like the flower shop premise. I'm... suspicious of what might be going on at this flower shop, haha.

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you?:
Probably Kennith...? He seems to be my type, haha. I do love astronomy though, so I'm also a little interested in Ross.

Good luck with your project!
Hey, Avior! Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your kind words!

I realize now that when I said "the flower shop has secrets", people likely think of more gruesome things (man-eating plants, maybe? that's probably what I'd think of...) than I had in mind. Which is fun (but I hope no one is disappointed by the actual secret, whoops)... meanwhile, please continue to be suspicious :'D

Alcor
Veteran

#36 Post by Alcor »

Finished programming the (basic) GUI today!

I still need to finish the main menu (I didn't screenshot it because it's 90% filler right now) and all the sprites. I don't think I'll be able to work on this during the week (though I might procrastinate on homework to do so anyway), so the next major update won't be until Friday (at the earliest).

Thanks for all your support <3

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#37 Post by Zelan »

(Ha, Kennith's dialogue. cx)

The GUY looks fantastic all programmed in! Awesome job.

Antizaba

#38 Post by Antizaba »

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T)
Yes, absolutely! Also i love the theme, and the GUI looks amazing (i love succulents :D)

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you?
Hisashi. He looks like the one who is going to keep things interesting in the game :)

Good luck with the game! I'm looking forward to it :)

Alcor
Veteran

#39 Post by Alcor »

Antizaba wrote:Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T)
Yes, absolutely! Also i love the theme, and the GUI looks amazing (i love succulents :D)

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you?
Hisashi. He looks like the one who is going to keep things interesting in the game :)

Good luck with the game! I'm looking forward to it :)
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the GUI, as I'm primarily a GUI designer after all (and I love succulents too!). I hope Hisashi keeps you on your toes :P

Alcor
Veteran

#40 Post by Alcor »

This week was tough, and I didn't have any time to work on my NaNo projects. Thankfully, that's all done with, and I now have the rest of this week and the entirety of next week to catch up (it's so nice that my university's spring break falls in mid-March)!

I finished the main character sprites for this project today, and they are updated in the main post. Here they are anyway:

I haven't posted these sprites on twitter/tumblr/other social media quite yet, as I'm exhausted; I'll get to that tomorrow. LSF gets a special preview (kind of), hooray!

I'll be finishing up expressions and starting the writing/scripting for both my NaNo projects, so hopefully I'll have some nifty looking screenshots to show soon.

As always, thanks for your interest and support! <3

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#41 Post by Sayumi101 »

Hello hello!
Doing two projects this year (again), I see. Gods, how do you manage!

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry T_T)
It looks good! Simply put, yet pulling at the same time.... Also, I'm a sucker for the whole "eccentric guy relentlessly picks on the grump" scenario... And that expression on Kennit's face only makes me anticipate watching him being called by all the 'nicknames' you listed in your concept sketch all the more.... Most expectantly, 'Kennykens' XD

Also, so many hush hush secrets! You're not even telling us the genre, lol.
(Just hoping the ATRIUM secret is something lowkey surprising and not like...uhm... I don't know... a pile of human skeletons (?))

Interesting: Hisashi. I mean, just look at that smile... it would be more appropriately a smirk, like "I mess with people a lot. I know it, you should too." And who wears a fish bone hairclip?
I want a fishbone hairclip. T^T
But I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go bother Kennith and possibly get chastised for that. Kind if an M that way, lol.

And damn, that GUI! It's so simple, minimalist but perfect. *q* In complete awe.

Now that the fangirling is over, I wish you luck for both your projects!
ImageImageImage

Alcor
Veteran

#42 Post by Alcor »

Sayumi101 wrote:Hello hello!
Doing two projects this year (again), I see. Gods, how do you manage!

It looks good! Simply put, yet pulling at the same time.... Also, I'm a sucker for the whole "eccentric guy relentlessly picks on the grump" scenario... And that expression on Kennit's face only makes me anticipate watching him being called by all the 'nicknames' you listed in your concept sketch all the more.... Most expectantly, 'Kennykens' XD

Also, so many hush hush secrets! You're not even telling us the genre, lol.
(Just hoping the ATRIUM secret is something lowkey surprising and not like...uhm... I don't know... a pile of human skeletons (?))

Interesting: Hisashi. I mean, just look at that smile... it would be more appropriately a smirk, like "I mess with people a lot. I know it, you should too." And who wears a fish bone hairclip?
I want a fishbone hairclip. T^T
But I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go bother Kennith and possibly get chastised for that. Kind if an M that way, lol.

And damn, that GUI! It's so simple, minimalist but perfect. *q* In complete awe.

Now that the fangirling is over, I wish you luck for both your projects!
Sayumiiiii <3

ahahahaha I don't think I'm actually managing, I could've made better decisions with my life OTL

I promise there aren't any skeletons in this game! Can't make any guarantees about death in general, but no skeletons. all dead bodies will be properly disposed of
As far as genres go, part of it is because ~*spoilers*~, but also I'm not good at labelling my stuff by genre. Like, does this count as slice-of-life? (Probably.) Is it modern? (Pretty much.) Does 'PLANTS' count as a genre? (Probably... not.)

I'm really glad you enjoy both Hisashi and Kennith! I can guarantee that MC will get yelled at a fair amount if she goes after Kennith, and regardless who you go after, there will be a fair amount of Hisashi-messing-with-people. ('people' includes MC, by the way! X3)

Thank you so much, and good luck on your project as well! :D

femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

#43 Post by femslashfatale »

I love the art, it's very cute!

Alcor
Veteran

#44 Post by Alcor »

femslashfatale wrote:I love the art, it's very cute!
Thank you so much! :D

wingcinna
Tumblr: wingcinna

#45 Post by wingcinna »

Eeee! Let me just say this game is v cute looking *squeals*!! okay, now that that's out of my system..

Does the synopsis sound promising to you? (I can't reveal what the secret is, sorry! please feel free to tell me your guesses, though!)
Yes! I love a little mystery and the fact that there's friendship or relationship possibilities is even more intriguing.

Given the minimal information provided, which character sounds the most interesting to you? Who would you befriend/date first?
Kennith is my type of guy, looks and personality wise so... hehe!

How do you feel about the plant theme? Do you like plants? (or do you believe that 'plants are food, not friends!'?)
Dude..I LOVE PLANTS (all my plants have names and personalities, which is how they get their names). The GUI and the logo are so freakin' cute, I can't even describe my love for them!
Working on: sci-fi sprites and another project with Owl