LAST CALL • NaNo17 | Drama • COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

Re: LAST CALL • NaNo17 | Drama

#16 Post by PeroxidePrince »

@Hazel: Thanks very much!
@Zelan: Thanks! (It's her favourite colour and her hair is in no way natural haha.)
@pinto minto: Thank you! We're trying to make these characters relatable and realistic, so that's nice to hear.
@femslashfatale: Thanks a lot!

• Update
  • Just popping by with some more sprite previews this time:
    Image Image

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)

#17 Post by PeroxidePrince »

• Update
  • A couple of things to show this time! Been messing about with the GUI lately. Not totally sure on things yet, but getting a good sense of the general look & feel I want to go for.
    I've also been slowly working on the ... one single background (lmao) for the entire game. It's close to being done, probably, but I've just got to do the fiddly bits like all the bottles on the shelves... rip

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

Oh, wow, I love the animated title screen! It's beautiful. c:

I personally like the first textbox better, but mostly because I tend to be a fan of the band/ribbon for the name to sit on. (Don't know if you wanted any input but uh... you got it anyway.)

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#19 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh wow, that animated menu is so cool! :D

I'm really looking forward to this- the premise is something different and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all unfold.
Also, the sprites are gorgeous, they really stand out!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#20 Post by PeroxidePrince »

@Zelan: Thanks! Yeah, in the end I went with one that had a textbox for the name, but I changed the colours to match the rest of the screens a bit better.
@Harliqueen: Thanks a lot!

• Update
  • Finished all the GUI stuff! Time to focus more on writing and sprite expressions.
    I've the next week off from uni, so I'll have a bit more free time than usual. 💪

Here's some screenshots:

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#21 Post by PeroxidePrince »

• Update
  • Haven't posted an update in a while, but here's a summary of progress so far!
    Sprites: All poses and expressions done. At the moment each character has around 6 to 8 different poses because I make bad decisions and I love to make more work for myself.
    Other art: Background's done -- might start working on some reach CGs if I feel ambitious this weekend.
    Writing: Rina and Ace's routes are close to completion -- pretty much the bulk is written and just the ending branches need to be done now. We've made a fair start on the extra third route (which unlocks after playing through both Rina and Ace's routes at least once).
    Programming: All the sprites are coded into the game. I'll be putting in the script and writing at the same time.

Here's a screenshot with the sprites as well as the finished background:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#22 Post by Zelan »

Secret third route? Oooh, this is the first I've heard of this. Can't wait to see it myself!

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#23 Post by PeroxidePrince »

• Update
  • Unfortunately, we will not be making the NaNo deadline -- while we're close to being done, I think we'd both much rather have more time to work on it so that we can release something that's a bit more polished.
    The current goal is to have most of the content done so we will be able to start testing by next week. We'll probably start looking for testers soon. I'll also try to work on additional CGs during the testing period.

Writing: Ace's route is done, and Rina's is more or less complete except for a few lines. The third route is at about 85%.
    Programming: Ace's route is scripted, and I've made a start on Rina's.

Here's some screenshots:

@Zelan: We'd actually considered the extra third route from the beginning, but we were hesitant whether we had enough time to work it in, so we didn't want to state it outright haha. Since we'll be delaying the release a little now, the third route will be in the game -- which I think is a good decision since it sort of ties the two other routes together!

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#24 Post by PeroxidePrince »

Whoops we definitely didn't make it anywhere near NaNo, but the good news is that we picked back up on this project recently and it's now pretty much complete! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
We are currently looking for testers to play through the game and give us some feedback as well as check for bugs/typos. The game is pretty short (about 5-15 minutes a playthrough) and we just have a few questions for testers to answer, so if you're interested please either PM me or contact me on twitter (@cavalrycaptn)!