Bitter (Previous Title: 7 AM Rush) [NaNo2017]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
nooroodle
Deviantart: nooroodle
itch: nooroodle

Bitter (Previous Title: 7 AM Rush) [NaNo2017]

#1 Post by nooroodle »

Bitter

(Previous Title: 7 AM Rush)

A short visual novel about overthinking and cheap coffee.

Our protagonist (style test):

A recent college graduate with a degree in political science. His usual chipper persona is muted this morning, replaced by an alien feeling of anxiety...

Featuring (potentially):

Watercolor styled CGs
A cinematic approach to VNs
Usagimimi characters
pretty terrible coffee
Last edited by nooroodle on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nooroodle

Re: 7 AM Rush [NaNo2017]

#2 Post by nooroodle »

This is my first time dabbling in VNs, as well as my first time in the forums! There's still a lot I'm trying to learn, but I hope you'll be there with me for the journey!!
: D

nooroodle

#3 Post by nooroodle »

[Updates]

3/15 - Rough Draft Completed
Last edited by nooroodle on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

You had me at "short visual novel" - I don't have as much free time these days - but I'm also very interested in overthinking, cheap coffee, and watercolor CGs. :D Good luck on your project!

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#5 Post by Mama J »

"Over-thinking and cheap coffee"? Are you making my autobiography? (;

JK! But I love this story already, I can definitely relate because I'm bombarded with anxiety on a daily basis. The art looks like it's going to turn out fan-freaking-tastic, as well! Good luck, I'm looking forward to the development :D

nooroodle

#6 Post by nooroodle »

Zelan wrote:You had me at "short visual novel" - I don't have as much free time these days - but I'm also very interested in overthinking, cheap coffee, and watercolor CGs. :D Good luck on your project!
ahhh i actually wanted to start off with something small for my first vn, so that way i could ease myself into the genre (tho the amount of cgs ive already planned holy hell)
but yeah i also struggle w reading and finishing longer vns nowadays, and ive become used to reading short ones online

thank you so much for the support!! i really appreciate it : D

Mama J wrote:"Over-thinking and cheap coffee"? Are you making my autobiography? (;

JK! But I love this story already, I can definitely relate because I'm bombarded with anxiety on a daily basis. The art looks like it's going to turn out fan-freaking-tastic, as well! Good luck, I'm looking forward to the development :D
aaaaaaaa thank you!!
the thing about this character is that hes actually the most chill compared to my other ones?? but its kinda funny that when i finally decided to give him a spotlight its when hes acting kinda differently from how he usually is
im gonna try to highlight his personality as much as possible though and not get him too bogged down (as well as not confuse his experiences and reactions with my own.... creative writing is hard man)

your comments are really sweet, thank you so much!!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#7 Post by KittyKatStar »

You had me at overthinking and cheap coffee. I love the style test, and look forward the game's art. Good luck with the nano!

nooroodle

#8 Post by nooroodle »

KittyKatStar wrote:You had me at overthinking and cheap coffee. I love the style test, and look forward the game's art. Good luck with the nano!
aaahh thank you so much!! good luck to you too, cant wait to see what your final game will be like : D