A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GUI)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GUI)

#1 Post by nanna4673 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Image
GAME'S OUT CLICK HERE: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Heeyyy I decided to join NaNoRenO for the third time in a row and after making my first(crap) game, and not finishing last year, I decided third time's the charm... Or something.

In an ever spinning world, I am standing still
That is what people see, you have to will yourself into going at my pace


A Question Of Normalcy is a contemporary, slightly psychological, slice of life VN with slight comedic and slight romantic undertones (If you choose soXD).
The twist is that you get a choice early on that determines how the main character acts and the story goes for the rest of the game.
Image
Image
Shakya is what people would stereotype as ‘a shy girl’ even though she’s of course much more than that. She quite the thinker, observing everything, giving ordinary things more thought than other people. Depending on what you choose in the beginning she will either say whatever comes to mind or think things over and censor herself, but no matter what peculiar thoughts will always occur to her about all kinds of things. She can seem very unsure of herself and even though that is true, she can gain confidence if other people are unsure – if nobody else picks up the conversation she can do it no problem. She has a few specific things she’s very passionate about and if someone or herself doesn’t stop her she can go on for ages about it, not knowing whether she’s boring whoever she’s talking to. She’s a bit what people would call ‘an open book’ as her expressions show clearly on her face, but what’s behind those emotional expressions is much more difficult to see
Image
Image
Arvin is a guy who literally shines of optimism. Not in an over geared way – he’s not yelling and being hyperactive about everything- it’s more of a glow always present. He’s a gentle kind of dorky guy, who at the same time seems way too young and way too old for his age. He’s good at reading people and always speaks his mind, which sometimes results in him saying something that seems a little outside of society’s ‘normal’ standards. It sometimes seems like he’s unable to grasp the concept of ‘feeling awkward’ though he can feel embarrassed in certain situations.
Image
Image
Lorenzo(Loren for short) can be perceived as quite the moody teenager. His pessimistic outlook and sometimes extreme sarcasm, turns most people away, and he never tries super hard to get people to like him. He enjoys solitude, but that doesn’t mean he’s not lonely sometimes; he probably wants friends more than he wants to admit. It’s not that he’s impolite, it’s more that his humour tends to be dark and sarcastic, which makes people doubt his sincerity even when he’s just being nice. He’s fairly confident in himself and embraces the fact that he’s a so called ‘weirdo’.
Image
Image
Reagan is a girl who often get’s put in the stereotype ‘basic white girl’. She herself finds this to be stupid, but she can see where people come from when they say this. She hangs out with a more ‘popular’ group of people and does spend a great deal on making herself look good and stylish – maybe a little too much time. She’s one of those people that you must really get to know before seeing that she’s more than she seems; like most people. She does her best to stay composed and calm, but honestly she’s the kind of person who has a hard time containing herself if she has an opinion or something she wants to share.

As mentioned I am in need of a GUI and a logo artist and since my game is 100% free and I am a poor child, I cannot pay you. If there's anyone who also have the skills of coding in GUI, that would be absolutely amazing. I CAN code in GUI myself but very badly ;A;

The team:
Sprites and CG's: Johhans
Logo: BáiYù‏ (@baiyu_dev on twitter)
Backgrounds: Photo's taken by me and from royalty free sources
GUI: Me and my friend Felicia
Script: Me
Coding: Me
Ideas: Me and my friend Felicia!
Music: Mostly from purple planet music

Work progress:
Script: 60%
Coding: 65%
Sprites: 100%
CG's: 80%
Backgrounds: 100%
GUI: 100%
Music: 100%



If you want to follow this projects WIP I update daily sometimes on my tumblr: http://kajilia.tumblr.com/ and you can also find updates on my twitter: https://twitter.com/NannaNotNannal


And that's it! Let's all have a splendid NaNoRenO this year! ^w^

//Nanna
Last edited by nanna4673 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#2 Post by nanna4673 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 am

Hey so I edited the thread to make it look much better, and here's some WIP screenshots!


Image
Image
Image
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2434
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#3 Post by gekiganwing » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

I like the art style so far. I'm not sure what to compare it to, though it's distinct.
nanna4673 wrote:The twist is that you get a choice early on that determines how the main character acts and the story goes for the rest of the game.
Interested in knowing how this will work. How will the person's personality be determined through one or more choices?

User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#4 Post by nanna4673 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:56 am

gekiganwing wrote:I like the art style so far. I'm not sure what to compare it to, though it's distinct.
nanna4673 wrote:The twist is that you get a choice early on that determines how the main character acts and the story goes for the rest of the game.
Interested in knowing how this will work. How will the person's personality be determined through one or more choices?

Well there is one choice in the beginning that determines how the main character will act throughout the game. There are other choices that will decide your relationship with certain characters and what ending you get. The thing I wanted was a choice at the beginning of the game that changes things drastically; almost kind of like you choose a route:) I hope that clarified it a bit^^

As for the art, I myself love the art the artist I'm working with is making! It's been such a joy to work with Johhans!:3
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

User avatar
Harliqueen
Veteran
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:43 pm
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16)
Projects: Touch of Fae, The Crossroads
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#5 Post by Harliqueen » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:54 am

nanna4673 wrote: Well there is one choice in the beginning that determines how the main character will act throughout the game. There are other choices that will decide your relationship with certain characters and what ending you get. The thing I wanted was a choice at the beginning of the game that changes things drastically; almost kind of like you choose a route:) I hope that clarified it a bit^^

As for the art, I myself love the art the artist I'm working with is making! It's been such a joy to work with Johhans!:3
That sounds like something to have fun with. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out and how it changes up the MC :)

The art really is stunning, such beautiful colouring and palette choices! Good luck with it, can't wait to see the progress :D

User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#6 Post by nanna4673 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 am

Harliqueen wrote:
nanna4673 wrote: Well there is one choice in the beginning that determines how the main character will act throughout the game. There are other choices that will decide your relationship with certain characters and what ending you get. The thing I wanted was a choice at the beginning of the game that changes things drastically; almost kind of like you choose a route:) I hope that clarified it a bit^^

As for the art, I myself love the art the artist I'm working with is making! It's been such a joy to work with Johhans!:3
That sounds like something to have fun with. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out and how it changes up the MC :)

The art really is stunning, such beautiful colouring and palette choices! Good luck with it, can't wait to see the progress :D
Thank you so much, I hope you have luck with your game as well! ^_^

I played The Lady's Choice last year and loved it quite a lot, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year!^^
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

User avatar
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 am
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#7 Post by Ghost of Crux » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:00 am

First-- what gorgeous artwork! I really love the colors and just how the characters look-- I especially like Shakya's hair. The ombre looks amazing, she definitely has a good sense of color :'D

Secondly, I'm really loving the character so far. They really feel like people you generally know, and somehow you've framed them in such ways that I'm very interested in knowing them further. I'm definitely curious about Arvin. (SO SOFT) This is definitely one I'll give a shot once it's done!

A bit of a comment, though, regarding the screenshots so far. Perhaps give a bit of a padding for the text from the sides of the screen? It's a bit hard for me to move my eye so much, especially in cases where the lines are long enough that it stretches to two lines. It also draws the eyes too far from the sprites, I think, and I barely look at the actual arts since the focus ends up being on the far left corner of the screen. It's a problem that happened to me on a few other VNs, and I wish it isn't so because the sprites were really good. Just my two cents!
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#8 Post by nanna4673 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 am

Ghost of Crux wrote:First-- what gorgeous artwork! I really love the colors and just how the characters look-- I especially like Shakya's hair. The ombre looks amazing, she definitely has a good sense of color :'D

Secondly, I'm really loving the character so far. They really feel like people you generally know, and somehow you've framed them in such ways that I'm very interested in knowing them further. I'm definitely curious about Arvin. (SO SOFT) This is definitely one I'll give a shot once it's done!

A bit of a comment, though, regarding the screenshots so far. Perhaps give a bit of a padding for the text from the sides of the screen? It's a bit hard for me to move my eye so much, especially in cases where the lines are long enough that it stretches to two lines. It also draws the eyes too far from the sprites, I think, and I barely look at the actual arts since the focus ends up being on the far left corner of the screen. It's a problem that happened to me on a few other VNs, and I wish it isn't so because the sprites were really good. Just my two cents!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I can see what you mean with the text, I'll try to fix it the best way I can!XD Thank you for checking out the project, and I hope the characters live up to your expectations ^^ The game is going to be very character-focused, so I spent a long time building their personalities and small quirks :D
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

User avatar
johhans
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:35 pm
Completed: A Question Of Normalcy
Tumblr: johhans
Deviantart: johhans
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#9 Post by johhans » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm

gekiganwing wrote:I like the art style so far. I'm not sure what to compare it to, though it's distinct.
Harliqueen wrote:The art really is stunning, such beautiful colouring and palette choices! Good luck with it, can't wait to see the progress :D
Ghost of Crux wrote:First-- what gorgeous artwork! I really love the colors and just how the characters look-- I especially like Shakya's hair. The ombre looks amazing, she definitely has a good sense of color :'D
Thank you guys so much! You're all too nice! <3

I am working my wrist off on the CGs at the moment. I hope I can get them finished by the end of march!

User avatar
nanna4673
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
Contact:

Re: A Question Of Normalcy ~NaNoRenO 2017~ (Need Logo and GU

#10 Post by nanna4673 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:15 pm

UPDATE:

I'm just here to show a couple of more screenshots, before I return to frantically writing! XD

It's been incredibly stressful to try and get it all done these days and honestly I'm not sure if I can make it, but I am going to do my utmost. I've bought tons of energy drinks and it's time to work like a machine every night!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Cheers!
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users