Pairs [NaNo17][Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Romance] [COMPLETE]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

Re: Pairs [Working Title][NaNo17][Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Romance

#31 Post by Alcor »

Oh my gosh, Kitten's sprite looks amazing. That human-fashion outfit is just unbelievably detailed and I kind of want her jacket/outerwear-thing. And that hair--gosh, I love her hair. The chibi also looks adorable~

It's really awesome to see the progress so far! Please keep it up :D

WinterMochie
Regular

#32 Post by WinterMochie »

Your artist is amazing! Kitten looks so fabulous-- I think I'm in love with her hair color and texture T_T

Yooo this is going to be so good. Good luck with progress! :D

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#33 Post by pyopyon »

@Zelan -- Oh! I know those books! Wowww, what a throwback. I think I read them when I was in 4th grade! I don't really remember the plots but I remember the cover of Millicent Min-- it was a half-shot of her face with a volleyball on her head, right?

Well, that only thing is... I want them to be playable in any order so not feel emptier on one side than the other. That's difficult for me since I already know what happens on Kitten's side so... I can't make any assumptions. Also, the ending is a little dialogue heavy... it's a multi-faceted problem, but I'm sure I can work it out!

@ALCOR_etc -- ^^ Thank you very much! Hahaha, she ordered it off of "Qaobao"-- the name of the city that this all takes place in is called "Q" so I've made a lot of Q puns. QNN is one of them, but I came up with a bunch, like QTube, Amaqon and the like. Naian patterns are really geometric and very flashy-- it definitely suits her style. ^^ Thanks a lot! We appreciate the comments!

@WinterMochie -- Thank you v much! It's like a cotton candy dream! LOL Thanks a lot! I'm definitely excited to release it. Thanks for the encouragement!!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#34 Post by Zelan »

Oh my gosh, yes ! I'm pretty sure that was the cover. ^_^ Wow, I don't think I've ever met anyone else who's read the book. (Not like I go around asking about it, but still!)

It is going to be tough to write those scenes, but I know you'll figure something out. c: Maybe you could have some beta testers run through it if you want specific feedback on how to improve the scenes?

StarlingVisual
Tumblr: starlingvisual
Deviantart: starlingvisual

#35 Post by StarlingVisual »

Great premise and character designs! I haven't played a game where you can play from each characters' point of view before. Sounds like a lot of fun! Personally I'm really looking forward to Carmelita/Dragon's story, she's adorable (also we have the same fashion preference haha). Kitten and the boys look great too, I love both of Kitten's outfits. Lovely work so far! :)

pyopyon
Veteran

#36 Post by pyopyon »

@Zelan -- Argh, I was busy all weekend so I'm just tackling them now. )^: It'll... it'll be fine, I'm sure. Beta teasers is just pillow time when it's NaNo XD All the time I spend waiting to hear back I could be writing-- I'd rather puzzle it out tbh. I usually can get some kind of ball rolling when it comes to ideas.

@StarlingVisual -- Thank you v much! ^^ I haven't played one either, but I heard about one... I think it's called The Photographer? I intentionally didn't play it after I heard about it, though, because I don't want to be influenced. XD Oh, nice! ^^ She is definitely the cutest bowl of marshmallow fluff of the bunch. :^) A precious starchild imo. Thanks a lot for your interest!

Updates

Phew. So this weekend, I ended up being super busy so I am cramming at this very moment to write James' endings so that I can start Ricardo's route.

New things (in a brief bullet point list):
  • I figured out a cool way to express characters that aren't on-screen!
  • The completion of Dragon's chapter two
  • Alleyway night time background complete!
  • James' theme song complete! (it's awesome!)
  • Dragon line art in-progress!
I also updated the first post so that all the art updates are there.

Here's our lint!
Statistics:

The game contains 2,971 dialogue blocks, containing 34,096 words and 181,494
characters, for an average of 11.5 words and 61 characters per block.
//sighs about being behind

At least it happened after I'd already caught up, haha.
Last edited by pyopyon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Kagiprojects
Completed: Genjitsukai
Projects: Secrets, Trembling Roses
Organization: KagiProjects
Tumblr: kagiprojects
itch: kagiprojects

#37 Post by Kagiprojects »

The story concept is pretty unique and sounds really interesting to me. I love(!) kitten pink her colours. Her skin, her hair... The art in general is beautiful.
Also, I have to mention how unbelievable handsome Ricardo is x_x
I'm really looking forward to this game! Gook luck! : )
Current projects:

Image Image

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#38 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh my word! There are seriously no words for Kitten's sprite- just amazing! That hair...

You guys really are going at a serious pace! Well done on that :D I'm so excited about it!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

pyopyon
Veteran

#39 Post by pyopyon »

@Kagiprojects -- Thank you! I'm glad you think so. (^: Haha, thank you very much! I wanted someone who couldn't be mistaken for human at all whatsoever. I think KP fits the bill! And LOL, yeah, Ricardo is really handsome. My only regret about his route is that he doesn't really interact with all that many people who aren't Naturals in training, so you don't get to see the apathetic side of him all that much. XD I have to figure out ways to slip it in. Thanks a lot for the well wishes!

@Harliqueen -- We're collectively churning it out! Thanks a lot! I felt silly because I'd updated the first post but forgot to post a picture on the thread, haha. I'm glad everyone loves her as much as I do! Wait 'til you hear her theme song! >w<

Updates

SO~~~~ James' bad ending is complete. It's kind of weird because... I was actually intending on writing his good ending but somehow... it turned into the bad one >_>;; (Sorry, James.)

I came up with a solution to me "too repetitive ending" issue by deciding to write totally unique endings for James. I just couldn't rationalize a way for it to not be REALLY boring to read the same ending over since KP's ending is so dialogue heavy.

The only downside is that there is a small section where only I will know what James says since KP doesn't quite hear him. #RIP that scene that I intentionally left detail light so that I could write it from his perspective. Haha.

I've started to add in the backgrounds and sound effects!

Anyway~ tomorrow I finish James and then start in on Ricardo's route. And I can't believe that NaNo is half done already. Phew.
Image ImageImage

WinterMochie
Regular

#40 Post by WinterMochie »

Wooow you're making serious progress <3 Halfway there, that's half the battle!

I'm really impressed! :'D I'm so excited for you!!

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#41 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

Hello, I have messaged you via email. Thank you :D

pyopyon
Veteran

#42 Post by pyopyon »

@WinterMochie -- Your comment made me think of those old G.I. Joe commercials. "Knowing is half the battle!" LOL. Thanks for the well-wishes as usual!

@Atomic-Invasion -- Got your email and replied! ^^

Updates

James' route is complete! Whoo~ Yeah~ Ahhh~ Today should've been yesterday I start Ricardo's route! ^__^

The selection menu chibi for Dragon is in progress. For one reason or another Dragon gave everyone trouble, haha. But she's done now! ^^

Here is Dragon's completed sprite!

Full body Natural-in-training outfit.

Brief info about Superheroes in this world....... there are actually two types; Naturals & Artificials. Naturals are born with their powers, Artificials are descended from people who received them artificially via genetic experimentation (now illegal.) Unfortunately, I couldn't fit any Artificials in the game but they have their own set of issues since their existence is kind of stigmatized. You'll get a bit more information in James' route (even if it's secondhand since he doesn't know any Artificials personally.)

Those who are selected for the WPP (World Protection Program), are divided into smaller groups based off of their power set, each with its own color stripes on the white base uniform.

The groups are:
  • Physical Superpowers (like super strength) -- Brick Red
  • Forms of Transportation (like teleportation) -- Navy Blue
  • Time-Based Abilities (like time-travel) -- Ash Grey
  • Elemental Control/Manipulation (like fire control) -- Forest Green
  • Mental Abilities (like reading minds) -- Dandelion Yellow
  • Biological Control (like shape-shifting) -- Purple Lilac
Second stage is to assign them to a team, have them work with this team, train them so that their powers will work together, and bond them together. Later in this stage, team members will receive their first missions under supervision, and much later (this is the stage Dragon and Glamour are in) solo missions without supervision.

Anyway, second outfit!

A casual clothing outfit! We combined the coloring of the navy with the bright yellow dress with the OTKs.
Last edited by pyopyon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#43 Post by Zelan »

Oh, Carmelita is looking awesome! I love that yellow dress (in fact, I would 100% wear it). ^_^

So based on the color codes, would Ricardo wear a uniform with Dandelion Yellow stripes?

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#44 Post by Alcor »

*drops fanart*

*flees from all the work I should be doing instead*

pyopyon
Veteran

#45 Post by pyopyon »

@Zelan -- Thanks so much! >w< I think it fits her personality well! She looks pretty dignified in yellow me thinks. uwu And you would be correct! Ricardo's uniform is white with yellow stripes.

@ALCOR_etc -- o: THANKS FOR YOUR FANART! IT'S THE FIRST FANART THAT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED IN MY LIFE!! THANK YOU ; o ; so MUCH!! O-of course! I'm also looking forward to your projects too, so thank you for taking the time out to make this for us!

Updates

//still on cloud 9

//mutters to self

fan art, guys, fan art

Sorry for the super late update-- I wanted to update when Ricardo's ch 1 is finished but... alas, haha. orz;; Breaking into his mind was even more difficult than James's-- his chapter gave me some trouble at first but it's going fine now!

//tHROWS ART UPDATES @ U SO U DON'T ASK ME ABOUT THE CHAPTER--

Here's the line art of Dragon's chibi from the selection menu!

And here's some fine progress shots of Ricardo lookin' handsome.

Last but not least.... here's a layout of the training room BG! It's not complete but it's one of the rooms where Natural and Artificial uncertified heroes in training practice. Teams K through O use this room. (^:

(Dragon & Glamour are on Team K.)

I'm gonna get Ricardo's chapter done, I'm sure of it!
Image ImageImage