Stalker&Yandere [Yandere][Romance?][NaNo17]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Stalker&Yandere [Yandere][Romance?][NaNo17]

#1 Post by Mammon »

Yandere-chan is just an ordinary girl with ordinary hobbies, ordinary friends, ordinary problems, and one not-so-ordinary crush. She has feelings for the man standing in her street --not a stalker-- who's just loitering about --definitely not a stalker-- and who occasionally tries to look through her window --most definitely not a stalker--. But Yandere-chan doesn't know who this mysterious man is, why he's standing there and if he might be interested in her as well. Should she approach him and confess her feelings to him? Or should she keep her feelings hidden to avoid a heart-break?
Senpai will be mine, no matter the cost!
A ±15.000 word story, rated PEGI13 as long as censor is kept on, rated M if you dare to turn it off.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

BG artist= Banannasquid
CG artist= Bokchois
Chibi artist= Jujube and Yuuki
Composer= Creative commons... :(
GUI artist= Jujube (And visual improvements to this thread.)
Programmer= Dark (Dark Sentinel)
Sprite artist= Yuuki (Yuukicrosspudding)
Proofreaders= Zelan and Circe2300
Writer= Mammon

Planning: 100%
Script: 100%
CGs: 50%
BGs: 40%
GUI: 100%
Chibis: 75%
Music: 100%
Programming: 99%
Alpha-testing: 100%
Last edited by Mammon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 am, edited 14 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Stalker&Yandere [Yandere][Romance?][NaNo17]

#2 Post by Mammon »

18-03
Alright, the sprites are all but complete! Yandere-chan has 144 expressions already, additions not included! We already have a working script and GUI too, although no assets in them yet. The rest is... not that well on schedule, but right now I still have faith in us making a release before the deadline.

22-03
Unfortunately Jescmo has left the team, so for the time being this project will be using Creative Commons.

29-03
Last ditch efforts, while the sprites and code have been finished for a while now the last two members with tasks still open are now going into Last Minute Panic Mode producing at a rapid rate to avoid my horrible, horrible placeholders to be in the final release. Nothing says "Just do it!" like a much more awful version than what you can make being used.

31-03
Alright, Stalker&Yandere is now released. You can find the forum thread here, or download it directly on itch.io here! There might be a new release in a few days to update a few things but for now we're calling it a release within time. Yay!
Last edited by Mammon on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#3 Post by Alcor »

Oooooh, so this is what Yuuki is working on! (Your style is so distinctive. I love it.) I'm adoring the character designs, especially for Yandere-chan.

Sounds like an interesting cast of characters! It's interesting that Sebastian-kun is the only character with a name (I mean, do Yandere-chan and Stalker-senpai get other names?). Judging by the character descriptions, I think Yandere-chan will be fun to read about (in first-person) :D

Good luck and hope you have fun, guys~

Yunou
Regular

#4 Post by Yunou »

I just want to say that this looks amazing. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

The art is super cute, too. I love yandere-types.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Mammon »

TWO replies within 5 minutes, jay~! Thanks!
ALCOR_etc wrote:Oooooh, so this is what Yuuki is working on! (Your style is so distinctive. I love it.) I'm adoring the character designs, especially for Yandere-chan.
Sounds like an interesting cast of characters! It's interesting that Sebastian-kun is the only character with a name (I mean, do Yandere-chan and Stalker-senpai get other names?). Judging by the character descriptions, I think Yandere-chan will be fun to read about (in first-person) :D
Good luck and hope you have fun, guys~
I know. I recognised Yuuki's designs from a few projects too before I even took a look at the portfolio. And I'm sure these eyes will work amazingly with the yandere look! Yandere-chan's name will be your choice indeed, though she will claim a name later, and Stalker-senpai does have a name as well but no reason to refer to him with it. Robert's real name ain't that relevant.
Yunou wrote:I just want to say that this looks amazing. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
The art is super cute, too. I love yandere-types.
Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy it!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Taranee
Regular

#6 Post by Taranee »

I've been hyped for this since you posted the recruitment thread.

Stalker-senpai looks so creepy :O That's my type :*
Poor Sebastian-kun is stuck in the friendzone.

The bleeding heart in the logo is really cool :O

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#7 Post by Sonomi »

This is looking pretty awesome so far, guys. ;) I'm actually really excited to read this, because I like your distinctive writing style from P&Y. And you mentioned bass guitar.

The age gap between Yandere-chan and Stalker-senpai is quite large, but it's not as if it's too abnormal nowadays. Everyone seems intriguing in their own way.

Not that I'm expecting you to or anything like that, I'm hoping Sebastian will have a mini character arc as well...because nice guys are so adorable.

Good luck to you!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Mammon »

Taranee wrote:Stalker-senpai looks so creepy :O That's my type :*
We've been getting that a lot, a lot of women seem to like the older dangerous guy. I wish that suprised me... Anyway, so glad you're looking forward to it!
Sonomi wrote:This is looking pretty awesome so far, guys. ;) I'm actually really excited to read this, because I like your distinctive writing style from P&Y. And you mentioned bass guitar.
The age gap between Yandere-chan and Stalker-senpai is quite large, but it's not as if it's too abnormal nowadays. Everyone seems intriguing in their own way.
Not that I'm expecting you to or anything like that, I'm hoping Sebastian will have a mini character arc as well...because nice guys are so adorable.
Not sure if the destinctive writing style will be that present, though maybe it will? I hope you'll enjoy it either way. And with the bass, after it turned out that two members of the cast were aspiring bassists it just had to become part of Yandere-chan as well.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

#9 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

The concept sounds merrily familiar, the characters looks impressive, and the writing is... ironical?

I don't know how this could go wrong.

I can't hear anything but I wish this sounds good too.

Although I only know Mammon-kun, the writer, I trust the whole team is good at what each one do.

Who the director is? As the title suggests, could be the same person as the writer, or maybe everyone is driving the project?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Mammon »

磯七ラスミ wrote:The concept sounds merrily familiar, the characters looks impressive, and the writing is... ironical?
I don't know how this could go wrong.
I can't hear anything but I wish this sounds good too.
Although I only know Mammon-kun, the writer, I trust the whole team is good at what each one do.
Who the director is? As the title suggests, could be the same person as the writer, or maybe everyone is driving the project?
Don't worry, the rest of the team is even better than me, so no need to worry about that. :lol: I'm the team leader, but everyone has a say in everything. And no sounds yet indeed, Jescmo is still working on it. No original sound forever.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#11 Post by Kokoro Hane »

That description hahaha xD

I must admit I am quite interested to play this. I still need to play Pervert&Yandere at some point, but since this one is relatively short, I think it'd be best to start here~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#12 Post by MimirollCookie »

Yasssssss...
I like yandere vns! I'm looking forward to this!! Good luck!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Mammon »

Kokoro Hane wrote:That description hahaha xD
I must admit I am quite interested to play this. I still need to play Pervert&Yandere at some point, but since this one is relatively short, I think it'd be best to start here~
MimirollCookie wrote:Yasssssss...
I like yandere vns! I'm looking forward to this!! Good luck!
Great to hear it sounds interesting! Right now we're in last-stretch panic mode but I do hope to get a worthy project on schedule, and I'll make sure it gets released one way or another. And @Kokoro, the stories do differ a bit in style but S&Y can be a good gateway VN to see if you like my writing before going into the 6-8h tale of P&Y. Hope this story will be good enough to pique your interest in it!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

BaronTilde

#14 Post by BaronTilde »

Interesting concept, looking forward to see how the characters all mesh. The title caught my interest, the character design and descriptions caught my attention...or some other cliche statement like that. Can't wait to see the end result, good luck in the final stretch!

chiharuchi
Regular

#15 Post by chiharuchi »

I love it but HALP I
CANT TURN FILTER OFF. I turn it off after choosing Sebastian's route but I skipped it clicking control a lot and spacebar by accident I thought it was just the same route but I realized it's not so I went back to load it previous save and now it won't let me go on Sebastian's route with the inconsistent things (new scenes) and I went to settings and the filter is crossed out haaalp I wanna see that end ;;;
Edit: Nevermind, I got it. XD Hue, I like your game. Interesting idea tho sometimes I say to myself, omg get on with the story Yandere-Chaaannn but that's my opinion. She talk quite a bit and prolong the action. Well, if everyone loves it, mind me not. I still wuv chur work. Sebastian is very very cute. I'm off to see that new end-
Last edited by chiharuchi on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.