Velvet Moon {PxB/Supernatural}

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
ChillTaco
Regular

Velvet Moon {PxB/Supernatural}

#1 Post by ChillTaco »

So I started on this a few days ago, then I realized, whoa. Its march huh? Since its a short game I thought, you know. Why not participate?

SO, you enter a place. This place has a flying yellow head saying that you need to find yourself. There are two doors, one with an angel and the other with a demon. One is holding the answer to who you truly are.

-3 characters
-6 Endings
-No bad endings, unless you consider keeping yourself bad.
Last edited by ChillTaco on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kagiprojects
Completed: Genjitsukai
Projects: Secrets, Trembling Roses
Organization: KagiProjects
Tumblr: kagiprojects
itch: kagiprojects

Re: Velvet Moon {PxB/Supernatural}

#2 Post by Kagiprojects »

Oh, the concept sounds really interesting. I'm curious to see what you've came up with ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

Hmm, there's not much to go on, but I'm still very intrigued by this. Looking forward to see what comes of it. ^_^

ChillTaco
Regular

#4 Post by ChillTaco »

Cool, thanks

Anyway, possible main menu bg ( I make all my pixel art from scratch), also, logo change. The scarf was stupid.

Oh yea, img above is the actual size of the game. I got it set to psp dimensions for reasons.

Also, flapping animation, there wont be much animation. But I will animate Cgs slightly. Cause lol, its a short game.

What do you guys think? Is it.. hehe. Whimsical?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Aww, it's cute! I like it. ^_^ Bold choice to have the game so small, but it does make sense given that you're using pixel art.

ChillTaco
Regular

#6 Post by ChillTaco »

Cool, I think its cute to.

Anyway. I guess I need to update some stuff. Maybe give out some real information. Lets see.... hmm

First Cg example. I cut these out of the whole 2 different cgs I already made and finished. Cause If I showed the whole CG there would be no point in seeing it when you play the game. I just thought a small example of the quality should be presented.

I guess I should put in a short character discription for each

Blue: An angel with a secret. Though a bit strange and sometimes even goofy; he can actually be very frighting. He lost his wings to the spirit of the moon and can no longer leave his prision due to a crime he commited against humanity. The crime dose not break the laws of heaven so the moon took it upon itself to lock him away.

Red: A demon who holds no secrets. Brutally honest and impulsive; he lost his wings to the moon when he lost a bet. Though extreamly frighting and cruel... actually thats all there is to him. This is because he never saw a reason to be kind. He is trapped with Blue simply because he has no way to leave.

New character, I didnt finish him yet. He will not have a path. To bad so sad.

The bellhop Starz.

Starz: Bellhop to the moon, he takes you home after your journy. The direction of the elivator is dependant on the door you chose. He is vain, believing that he is the only star in the sky. He loves hearing the dreams of others and is regretful that he cant grant thier wishes.

The Moon: An idiot who loves to much and to little at times. Has no real gender.

(I will make in the far future many updates to the game including new paths. I will also make a version of the game where every paths character is female for all the boys in the yard.)

ChillTaco
Regular

#7 Post by ChillTaco »

Is it wierd to regulary update? Oh well. I dont care.

Anyway, What do you guys think? Do you like a blond Starz or a Blue Starz? Or maybe I should just give him random hair colors for different scenes. Idk.

Hey! Anyway. So. I think Ill add a character of you choosing to the game. Just give me the discription and Illl get to work on it. Whatever Gender or creature you choose, i dont care.

Ive done this before but I never finished that game, sooo uhh yea this one is almost done. I got like 75% of the art done 95% of the writing done and 40% of the programming complete. Ill have the game done in like a few weeks. But It wont have a Config... for reasons. Or maybe will. I guess, if I can get someone to do that programings. Whatever. Or If Im not a lazy a$$

Here is a bg, cause I havent shown any bgs. I guess they are taking so long cause animation. Whatever.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#8 Post by Godline »

Oooh!

Sparkly bellhops. Random hair colors would be awesome. You want people to be like 'wth am I playing?' All good games are like that. ;)

I think my favorite character is going to be the moon. Clearly a romantic. Haha.

Excited to play!

ChillTaco
Regular

#9 Post by ChillTaco »

Oh daaaaymn. Its godline. You noticed my little s###t post huh? Its actually all your fault. I had no intention of posting this game here, was making it for my little sister. Then you summoned me from the depths of hell and I was like meh, why not.

Yea, the moon is a "specail" in a way. A right dork. Made it cause it is both a mascot and the secret ending. But I mean, yea. Ok lol.

ChillTaco
Regular

#10 Post by ChillTaco »

Alrighty guys, Just posting to say that Im not going to make this a nanoreno. I finished it and my sister liked it and junk, but I think since its done Ill just keep adding to it and make it a normal freeware game. Ill release both versions of it probaly in the middle of next month.